collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: URGENT Someone from Canada Please look!! *Resolved**  (Read 1938 times)

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
URGENT Someone from Canada Please look!! *Resolved**
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
Ok I recently bought a auction for a lot of 15 (majority are them are babies) heres the lot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300677630095&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

I won it for rather low price, but there is No shipping avalivable, but having won lots from the UK thought it wouldnt cost that much. I messaged her yesterday to get a quote and she comes back with this!!! and I nearly missed the email too. Then she was marking it shipped, I nearly had a heart attack over that too.

Hi the cheapest canada post will let me send this parcel is $21.76 if you think that is too much I have no problems cancelling the order. Sorry the rate is so high. Thanks!

That made my jaw drop!! She has to be joking!!! I just bought a huge lot from the UK for half of that!!! And its coming farther away!!

Post Merge: March 17, 2012, 09:16:20 PM

I then also got 2 emails saying she marked the lot as shipped so now I'm very concerned!! But on their site it isnt marked. I havent paid!! I'm debating if she drops the price if I have them mailed to anyone in BC.. then if they could get the ponies and possibly mail them to me? This is a newish ebay account, I honestly dont think it would cost that much to ship that big of a lot! I got a lot of 10 from UK and theyre all adult G1 ponies..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:55:10 PM by hikari_amaya »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT Someone from Canada Please look!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
Canadian shipping isn't cheap.  The *least* you can get a package sent for (like,   a few small items in a bubble envelope) is ~7$, and that's surface mail.  Shipping inside of Canada and then abroad is likely to be even more expensive.

You should always get a shipping rate before bidding, especially if they're coming from a country you aren't familiar with.  :huh:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

hikari_amaya

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
Ill have to talk to her then. Because I still want the ponies, next time I will.

Post Merge: March 18, 2012, 05:44:05 AM

I decided to bite my tounge about the shipping and go for it :) Since I really want the baby ponies in the lot and it was my stupidity on not asking for a quote ahead of time. Then I noticed my bank was $10 short because of a holy grail G2 I had just won yesterday and had already paid for. My bank is weird if the transfer is done on a sunday it takes 2 extra days to transfer the funds bleh :(
Me: Hello :) Ok so I checked my bank and I'm a little short, I'm so used to buying from the UK I honestly didnt think it would cost that much but just transfered money into the account (that paypal is connected to) and it wont clear until tues, since its sunday. I would love to get the ponies but if you dont mind holding them until tues that would be awesome. Just major ouch on shipping, I dont mind if you just stuff them in a small box. I know in cali we have those $8 boxes and you can stuff them and its just $8 :) I know many of them are already damaged. If thats what you worry about. I dont need them to arrive like asap either I'm good with waiting.But its up to you :)

Thanks
Her response:
treasures_collectables : Hi thanks for getting back to me. what happens with canada post is they took away the flat rate boxes and they also go by weight. Anything over 2.2 lbs goes out of small packet and into expedited. It was only slightly over so maybe if I remove one or two ponies the weight might go down a bit. is there any one or two that you could go without? I can try to repack the box. I'm not worried about you paying until we can figure out a rate for the box, I didn't think it would weigh that much so let me know what you would like me to try to do. I could probably get the parcel down to 15 something if we can get the weight down a little.

me: ugh theyre taking over night from us i think :( i could do without some of the adults :) i mainly wanted the babies :)
treasured_collectables - Hi thanks for getting back to me so quick. When I get up in the morning I will take the box apart and do some weighing and see how I can adjust the rate. Then I'll let you know how it turns out and we can figure something out. Thanks for being so understanding and I will get back to you shortly!
So I find out how much I owe tomorrow :(

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:44:05 AM by hikari_amaya »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
Yeah, CanPost is quite pricey unfortunately. I don't remember the exact prices, but playing with the calculator once, it would've cost me more to send a package 3 provinces away, than to send it all the way to California (or anywhere in the USA) - from Ontario. Go figure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
Alas, this is true.  The major reason I haven't tried setting up any sales, the unreasonable cost of Canadian shipping. *sad*  It's only really worth it if you're getting a huge lot or expensive ponies.  Below that, I usually shop state-side.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »
Aww sorry you didn't realise until too late! But yes, Canadian shipping is notoriously expensive, and for that many ponies I'd agree on the quoted price! xxx

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »
Ugg... Canadian shipping makes this Canadian SO SAD. If you can squeeze something into a letter size parcel, you are fine... but anything bigger? (Shudders)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »
I've been stung on Canada post before. Evil I tell you.

That seller sounds absolutely lovely though.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Ummmm that's quite inexpensive!  Just to let you know, that won't be a method with tracking likely.  Most pony packages I mail out in the smallest, lightest envelope they let me, cost around $30-50 apiece, with tracking. Those only have 1-3 ponies in them too!  :( 

I must stop and confess here....   :blush:    so think of me what you will after this, but... 

It really bugs me that I read so many people complaining about shipping, especially when I see how little it costs *them* to ship.  NOW!  Forewarning:  I am fully aware that shipping does not count in trades.  I do not have any negative feelings about anyone I trade/d with regarding the issue, but I am just using it as an example because that is 99% of my pony mail. 

I get packages that say $4.50 - $9.98 on the shipping label... like I said, my packages don't get cheaper than $30 - ever.  Most swaps I join are a once-a-year thing because I don't generally have $100 to ship a reasonably-sized box of goodies to someone.  :(  It just... grates on my nerves what a lot of people consider expensive shipping. 

Okay confession time over...  also yeah, you should probably check the shipping BEFORE bidding.  Not all sellers are as communicative or as flexible as it sounds yours is.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:29:43 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
I agree with what has been said already - the shipping sounds a lot when you compare the costs to what you've paid from other countries , but to be honest it really isnt that much when it comes to shipping from Canada  ;)   Also it is always best to check shipping costs before bidding/buying so that you dont have any nasty surprises later.  I'm happy to hear that you and the seller are working things out though - your seller sounds very helpful , friendly, and reasonable  :bigups: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

hikari_amaya

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »
She really is :) yea it was my bad on not checking, but didn't realize it would cost $21 for shipping. But like I told her it wasn't a biggie if a few had to be cut out. Like I said I've been shipped from everywhere but Canada so ima taking it as a learning experiance :) and we're less than 1000 miles away :(

Post Merge: March 19, 2012, 11:02:28 PM

After much talking, to help on lessening the shipping, we agreed I would get all the baby ponies *What I really wanted only* and none of the adults. Which dropped it to 8 ponies and shipping of $10 :) which is perfectly fine with me :) and she can reauction off the adults. The adults are in better shape than the babies who I'm going to use for bait. So I'm pretty happy with the seller :)

The other reason why I panicked on the shipping was because I'm on a strict budget, and that was $10 over it. But thankfully I made it today at work :) But the agreement was already made so no turning back :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:02:28 PM by hikari_amaya »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal