collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay user - Heads up for Argie pony buyers, etc.  (Read 738 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
eBay user - Heads up for Argie pony buyers, etc.
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
Hi!
As some of you may have remembered from the Nirvana forum, I posted a message there asking about the hair of a baby Posey and also an international payment question. This also affected our lovely arena user PonyRN since she could not buy something she really wanted from the person.

I was watching several auctions from the seller on eBay "rocio_erik" and ended up winning an auction for one of my ultimate grails - Paseo Argie Heart Throb. Before I won the auction he even agreed to ship her with EMS or DHL if I were able to pay the fee on the argentina post site of an extra ~$20 which I was on board for! You'd want your grail to arrive safe and sound, right?
Everything was rainbows and unicorns until I went to pay. It was late at night so I just paid for her and went to bed. When I woke up the status in my Paypal account to his supposedly registered Paypal account was "Unclaimed". I assumed since he was in another country, perhaps he had to claim it manually and gave it a few days.

After about 4 days or so I messaged him asking why the status was unclaimed and he said he did not know. I cancelled the payment to try again, only to find out Paypal holds your money. (Wish I would've known this before!)
He said to send it to his Paypal account (which I had already done) but I thought maybe there was some sort of error with the eBay checkout, so I sent another payment to test it out. I only sent $1 USD just in case it happened again, and it did. I let him know what was happening and he said he still did not know what was going on. He said he had this issue once in the past and he fixed it. That night I called Paypal to ask and they informed me that there was nothing I could do. It was on his side of the sale and he would have to register his account in order to get paid. I also called eBay and they told me the same thing. They also reassured me that if he tried to file a non-paying buyer dispute that eBay would be able to counter his claim.
I informed what I had found and that he would have issues getting paid for sales he made on eBay due to money not being able to enter an account that is unregistered, but after that he did not reply. I have not heard from him since and have left neutral feedback for him. He has made sales before so this means he for some reason unregistered the account (due to an error or who knows what) but has not fixed it as far as I am aware.

Just wanted to let you know that if he is seen selling ponies, please be careful. I do not know if he has since registered his Paypal account so your payments may not go through and will be trapped in the void that is Paypal for 5 - 10 days after cancelled. :( Also note the only reason I was able to communicate clearly with him is because I also speak Spanish and was able to talk to him without the language barrier. I had at first talked to him in English but he did not seem to be able to speak it very well.
I'm still super bummed out since she was going to be a birthday gift from my mom, but oh well. She'll show up again. :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:07:34 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: eBay user - Heads up for Argie pony buyers, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »
Thanks for the heads up about this seller  :hug:   I'm very sorry to hear that you didnt  get your grail pony after  you went through all that messing about and waiting.   :sad:   I would have thought the language barrier might have been an issue, but since you speak Spanish, he has no excuse for his poor communication :( 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal