collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Look what I saw in TrU! Plus a little brag.  (Read 4877 times)

Offline GingerbreadTopic starter

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
Look what I saw in TrU! Plus a little brag.
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »
I was determined to get some ponies I wanted today, including Pinkies train, blind bags and the elusive Fashion Style AJ, PP and Rarity.

My OH and I scoured every supermarket for 45 miles, and not a jot apart from the G4 puzzle I had been waiting for my local Stresscos to re-stock. We did go to TRU though and the display was tiny - I actually walked past it! However up high near the ceiling was a very cool endpost display -

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I ended up buying shine brights RD, PP and Rarity, the train, and AJ with her truck. All of which I could have got near home without spending a fortune in petrol! I did find a pretty awesome umbrella though :D No blindbags and no FS ponies, but the hunt will continue! I did also get a plush RD and G3.5 Cheerilee and Pinkie from a charity shop so I'm still happy with my haul :)  (Please excuse my dogs butt in the background!)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:26:21 PM by Pinkamena »

Formerly know as Pinkamena
Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket!

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Re: Look what I saw in TrU! Plus a little brag.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
Oh wow cool!  I'll have to start checking my TRU.  I'd love to see ponies having a more prominent display.  Nice find!  =)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • What exactly does this machine do?
    • My Flickr
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
 :frolic: Wedding displays already! Maybe we'll see the new toys this spring instead of autumn after all!
Nice haul!

Offline MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • Arkolina's Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »
Ooooh exciting! I'll be checking my local one then :D
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Just because
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
Argos seem to have an endless supply of fashion style ponies  and they are £12.99 :) I have reserved 3 to pick up tomorrow ... The only thing is you don't know which ones you'll get.. Just like the  blind bags hehe :biggrin:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline GingerbreadTopic starter

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:frolic: Wedding displays already! Maybe we'll see the new toys this spring instead of autumn after all!

I reallyreallyreally hope so! I couldn't work out any other reason for TrU having the wedding display up already *contorts self so that everything is crossed*

Argos seem to have an endless supply of fashion style ponies  and they are £12.99 :) I have reserved 3 to pick up tomorrow ... The only thing is you don't know which ones you'll get.. Just like the  blind bags hehe :biggrin:
My local Argos has a seemingly never-ending supply of Rainbow Dash lol! I've been going in every so often and making them drag them out the stores so I can see which ones they have! As a side note Argos do currently have the train carriages at two for £15 at the moment, I'm getting those tomorrow.

Formerly know as Pinkamena
Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket!

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
Woo! They should be out for my B-day!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »
Wow, that is a cool display, Pinkamena!  That makes me so excited about the wedding ponies that are coming out soon.  I love Toys R Us!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
*dies*
I am so excited for this set!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Connect with me! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Instagram=oatcouturepony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
Its an end display - Hasbro will have purchased this for around 2 to 3 months at a time depending on the retailer. It does show that they are investing a little more in the marketing of this brand than they have in the last year if they are paying for aisle ends...fingers crossed for a more ready supply of ponies!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THEY MUST BE RELEASING THEM SOON!!!!! *SQUEAL*

Offline cesprins

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
oh my gosh!!! that display!! So exciting! I can't wait for the wedding sets!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Just because
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
Omg I NEED wedding ponies! :dribble:

Pinkamena if my Argos have any pp or rarity I can trade you if you want :) 
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
That endcap display is awesome, but I wouldn't automatically expect that to mean the ponies are coming out soon. It's not uncommon for advertising to happen months in advance.

Edit: Also, don't forget that the episode involving the wedding is also happening soon. This could also be a reason why this sort of display is showing up right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:58:45 PM by Okiedokieloki »
FC: 1907-9891-2738

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »
Got to love that display! : D