collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I vent for a moment please?  (Read 12378 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I vent for a moment please?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »
I just prefer to stick to the arena..
People here tell you what's honestly wrong with it rather than overpaying for something that LOOKS mint, only to find out it has mold spots covered by the mane in the images..Or internal ickies.
Not to mention the prices here are much more ...Normal. XD
Only time I use eBay is when I absolutely cannot find it anywhere on here.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »
I just prefer to stick to the arena..
People here tell you what's honestly wrong with it rather than overpaying for something that LOOKS mint, only to find out it has mold spots covered by the mane in the images..Or internal ickies.
Not to mention the prices here are much more ...Normal. XD
Only time I use eBay is when I absolutely cannot find it anywhere on here.

I completely agree!! Everyone on here is friendly, fast and fare-priced. I'm proud to be here! E-bay is insane. It's really sad considering in my old Sailormoon collecting days, you would be able to get a fair deal, but now, I dread going to ebay for ANYTHING.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
My biggest complaint is I can't find what I'm looking for here on the Arena...thus the trip to ebay.  ><  I'm just so put off by the sellers. 

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
Yeah me too Cloud!!  I bought a "mint" pony for my swap partner that is clearly not!  I'm upset because I paid a lot of money for her:(.  It's a pretty crappy time to be a winger collector too...what is up with $30 for Lady Flutter?!  Insane!  I'd be really upset too about your fair bid rejections.  Some people think their things are priceless!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
My biggest complaint is I can't find what I'm looking for here on the Arena...thus the trip to ebay.  ><  I'm just so put off by the sellers. 
I am sorry you feel this way but not all sellers are bad.  There are just as many if not more bad buyers.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
I am sorry you feel this way but not all sellers are bad.  There are just as many if not more bad buyers.
Totally true!  I've bought ponies from you on eBay, and you are amazing!!!  Unfortunately, some non-collectors are not as friendly or honest as Arena sellers.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
I have a few good sellers on Ebay that I go back to but I find that I can never get what I really want and when I do ask about an item I get a response back, bid, win, only to find that the item was incorrectly looked over!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
Not only are pony prices sky high, so are MH. I saw a single doll, which wasn't super uncommon, to be priced at over $120. I also saw a regular Ghoulia priced at $40 - I got mine for less than $20 in real life. Ebay is now my last-resort, I don't use it unless I can't find the item I'm looking for ANYWHERE.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
I think this is also because some international collectors dont really have much choice, I know with several of my ponies I have not been able to find a seller with cheaper pricing who is willing to ship outside the USA and have had to pay the over inflated prices on ebay and really pricey shipping.

I just take it as a given now :P

This. It's depressing. :(
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »

No, it's not all sellers, I should have clarified.  I'm sorry.  I've dealt with plenty of wonderful sellers, both here and on ebay.  I sell on ebay as well (and my goodness I've had some bad buyers!).  But there are many sellers on ebay are out to make a quick buck and have little regard for the collecting community, honesty, and integrity.  I feel like a lot of pony flippers on ebay are taking advantage of true collectors and mark their ponies sky high, don't have accurate descriptions, and are unwilling to work with buyers on shipping and other concerns.   :cloud:

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »
Yes I definitely agree with this thread! <3

~Sigh~ Also the flakiness of some sellers can get me down, too. The one time I get awesome prices on some ponies, and win them, I get zero responses from the seller concerning my questions!

Kind of which is the lesser of two evils on ebay: overpay by insane amounts, or find an awesome deal and deal with crappy sellers! ;3;
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »
I think this is also because some international collectors dont really have much choice, I know with several of my ponies I have not been able to find a seller with cheaper pricing who is willing to ship outside the USA and have had to pay the over inflated prices on ebay and really pricey shipping.

Yes, this is very true... a lot of sellers in the US just refuse to ship internationally unless it's Priority now. It doesn't help that postage here is becoming ridiculous too... watching some auctions here and it's at least $4-6 to send one pony  :(

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:18 AM »

Yes, this is very true... a lot of sellers in the US just refuse to ship internationally unless it's Priority now. It doesn't help that postage here is becoming ridiculous too... watching some auctions here and it's at least $4-6 to send one pony  :(

That's such a bummer!  I ship internationally and try to do it the cheapest way, unless the pony has a higher value.  However, with all the problems with the MIB Venezuelan ponies and customs ripping them apart, I understand why some would be leery to send overseas.  :sad:

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 06:20:11 AM »
I'm mostly sticking with the arena for now- I trust people here. With eBay... it wouldn't be a problem if people weren't actually paying those ridiculous prices. As long as buyers are willing to shell out $30 for Peachy, I can't blame sellers for trying. Sucks for us, though. And when I factor in shipping to or within Canada... not even worth it.

Are we getting classifieds back? Those were awesome.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
Ok, so I've been getting kind of exasperated trying to win auctions from this one particular seller. The same bidder snipes every single auction this seller has run that I have bid on over the past two weeks or so. I just went back and looked at the final price of some of the ponies:

$39 for Glory
$33 for Lickety Split
$83 for Tales Melody
$51 for TAF Merriweather
$87 for TAF Buttons (I got into a bidding war over this one lol, I couldn't believe the final price)

I think this person is either Mariah Carey or about to flip out when she realizes how much she overpaid for these ponies. The ponies were M-NM but still, this is craziness.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal