collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind bag variety = only core 6 FiM brushables?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Blind bag variety = only core 6 FiM brushables?
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:21 AM »
I'm worried that all these dozens of blind bag characters is Hasbros way of giving us non core 6 characters.  and that we'll only get  brushables of core 6 from here on out.  :(

are these fears unfounded?
has anyone heard of new character brushables coming out?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Blind bag variety = only core 6 FiM brushables?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:20 AM »
Yes, I agree. I mentioned it in the blind bag thread...I am getting a teeny tiny little bit frustrated about all the effort in different colours and characters in the blind bags in comparison to the brushables.

I know with manufacture and price point the odds are always that we will get more little ponies than big ones...but the ratio of blind bag volume of characters to brushables is getting odd...

I believe the new brushables are the ones seen at the Toy Fair - Heartstrings [Lyra], Trixie, Rays, Cherry Berry and some others...didnt they confirm about 20 odd brushables this year? Although how many of the 20 turn out to be releases of the main 6 is anyones guess. After all they promised 24 last year and we only got [if we are counting US releases which is what they will have refering to] 14 brushables plus 2 from playsets plus Luna...which were not main 6.

However....if I compare this line to G1...its easy to forget that in the first year of MLP all we got was 6 ponies total!!! And towards the end of G3 all we got was 7 ponies in total! So maybe we are just expecting too much.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
There's a bunch of new brushables upcoming, shown by Hasbro at the toy fair, including Heartstrings, Lemon Tart (maybe?), Zecora, DJ PON3, three new fillies in flower girl dresses, Flower Wishes, and more!

I haven't seen any info on waves after that one, but I think it's safe to say Hasbro will be continuing to give us knew characters as brushables.

They know people won't just buy the same charas over and over, that's what killed the G3 and G3.5 lines at the end of it all, I'm sure of it.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:16 AM »
Yes, I agree. I mentioned it in the blind bag thread...I am getting a teeny tiny little bit frustrated about all the effort in different colours and characters in the blind bags in comparison to the brushables.

I know with manufacture and price point the odds are always that we will get more little ponies than big ones...but the ratio of blind bag volume of characters to brushables is getting odd...

I believe the new brushables are the ones seen at the Toy Fair - Heartstrings [Lyra], Trixie, Rays, Cherry Berry and some others...didnt they confirm about 20 odd brushables this year? Although how many of the 20 turn out to be releases of the main 6 is anyones guess. After all they promised 24 last year and we only got [if we are counting US releases which is what they will have refering to] 14 brushables plus 2 from playsets plus Luna...which were not main 6.

However....if I compare this line to G1...its easy to forget that in the first year of MLP all we got was 6 ponies total!!! And towards the end of G3 all we got was 7 ponies in total! So maybe we are just expecting too much.

A good point that I hadn't considered before, Hathorcat- The first year only had 6 ponies :O we got a lot more for the first year of G4 (even if it was 1 less than promised). If we're supposed to get 20 new brushables this year, and 6 of those are mane 6 re-releases, that leaves us with 14. Then, minus Diamond Rose, Cherry Pie, Lyra, Trixie, Rays, Cherry Berry we're at 8.... if that remaining 8 also includes the TRU exclusives (Night Mare Moon, DJ Pon3, pink pony with the daisy, Lemon Hearts look-alike, and Zecora), Princess Cadence + Shining armor and the 3 fillies, that actually comes to a total of 22 :|  So maybe those TRU exclusives aren't included in the 'new brushables' category? I'm not sure ;^^ but I was hoping for one or two unexpected/unseen brushables this year ;P but with the exclusives were getting, I'll be a happy camper either way with this years releases :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:13 AM »
i think we might be seeing more different ponies as the year continues, we're only into spring right now and they have the huge wedding set, and wave of wedding themed ponies to be released, then we have tall the new ones like zecora and DJ-pon3, so i think once these get out, we'll be seeing more. they're probably using the mane 6 as fillers to keep us giving them money, until they can get all the good stuff out. i must admit though, i don't like having 8 pinkie pies, 4 fluttershy's, and 4 sweetie belle's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:25 AM »
all good points , i exclude the store exclusives in my counts (I don't have a target or TRU nearby).

my favs have been all non core ponies so far, Flitterheart!  so I hope they keep making non core brushables.

but as I stared at that huge list of BB waves I thought "oh no, these are the non core chars!"

is lemon hearts, for example, included in the "fan set" from TRU? or is she non exclusive ?

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »
all good points , i exclude the store exclusives in my counts (I don't have a target or TRU nearby).

my favs have been all non core ponies so far, Flitterheart!  so I hope they keep making non core brushables.

but as I stared at that huge list of BB waves I thought "oh no, these are the non core chars!"

is lemon hearts, for example, included in the "fan set" from TRU? or is she non exclusive ?

I love Flitterheart too!

Looking at last year's Toy Fair many of the non-core brushables that appeared later in the year were not even mentioned or introduced at the Toy Fair.

Lemon Hearts wasn't in the TRU "exclusives" and I use exclusives loosely judging by the yellow wave that has been leaked.

The TRU exclusives
Sky Wishes
Gardenia Glow
SweetSong
Peachy Pie
Coconut Cream
Beachberry
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »

I love Flitterheart too!

Looking at last year's Toy Fair many of the non-core brushables that appeared later in the year were not even mentioned or introduced at the Toy Fair.

Lemon Hearts wasn't in the TRU "exclusives" and I use exclusives loosely judging by the yellow wave that has been leaked.

The TRU exclusives
Sky Wishes
Gardenia Glow
SweetSong
Peachy Pie
Coconut Cream
Beachberry

oh!, So sorry!  I mean the Lemon Hearts brushable shown with Zecora, DJPon3 and brushable Trixie.  Sorry to confuse, but I was wondering if SHE was TRU exclusive.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »

oh!, So sorry!  I mean the Lemon Hearts brushable shown with Zecora, DJPon3 and brushable Trixie.  Sorry to confuse, but I was wondering if SHE was TRU exclusive.

Haha! Those exclusives. Well, I'm blocking them out of my mind because I want them so bad and they aren't out yet. XD

Anyway, as they are grouped together in the Toy Fair pics/displays, I would hazard a guess at yes, although Trixie is in 2 places. May be I shouldn't guess.....
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal