collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SPOILER! John DeLancie (aka. Q, and Discord) had something to say...  (Read 9724 times)

Offline fluttersquidTopic starter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
I was at Toronto Comicon this weekend and my best friend was freaking out over the multiple Star Trek actors. The night before John DeLancie's panel, she told me he was Discord's voice actor (I hadn't a clue before hand).
I went up to him to get a picture of Discord signed by him, and he started to laugh, talking about the lack of females approaching him. I was the only one to mention MLP to him and it must have amused him, because he told me a little spoiler~!
Guess who will be returning to MLP:FiM~~??

(He also told me that despite voicing Discord, he never even watched the episode, and that he would watch it when he was done at the convention.)

adjusted thread title slightly ;) OL1
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:19:42 AM by Oneleo1 »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • DA Gallery
Re: John DeLancie (aka. Q, and Discord) had something to say...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »
=o So Discord will be returning? That's so awesome. I would've been another female to approach him if I'd been there. I love Q and my mom does as well so he does have more female fans than he thinks he does.^^
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Many thanks to ThatFameMonster for my sig image and to HoneyPaws for my avatar :art:

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
haha cool news :D thanks for sharing this, seeing Discord again would be awesome <3 I wonder if Hasbro would make him into a toy in the same fashion as the 2012 TRU exclusives, since he'll be making more than one appearance..... I hope so!! Lucky you getting an autograph ^^
Mothra Stewart at the MH Arena (that's where you'll usually find me!)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:47 PM »
Oh.  My.  GOSH!  I'm so excited now!  Oh, please be Discord again, please be Discord again... (Highly unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?)  :lol:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+144)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Official Winger Nut
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Second time I've posted shuffling Discord today!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!!

My wish list for Little Swap:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
You know, he actually didn't even know he had done a voice for mlp originally. There's a video of him at a sci fi con where he talks about getting a flood of fan mail from bronies the day after the episode aired.

Edit: Here it is. very funny You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:18:54 PM by Okiedokieloki »
FC: 1907-9891-2738

Online Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
You know, he actually didn't even know he had done a voice for mlp originally. There's a video of him at a sci fi con where he talks about getting a flood of fan mail from bronies the day after the episode aired.

Edit: Here it is. very funny You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Really? I wonder what they told him he was doing. XD

I would love to see Discord return. He is just so much fun.
I'm surprised not more people asked him about MLP though. XD
 !Wanted: Funrise princess plushes!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
John, I can't believe it. You shot a scene in Star Trek stark naked on the bridge of the Enterprise and you don't get women approaching you at sci fi cons!? XD You poor man! What's wrong with them!?

He had a good body in the 90's. >.> I was quite a fan when I was a teenage girl. X3
"The Great And Power TRIXIE....!! --needs some peanut butter crackers."

Online hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I Love Sexy Kiwi's!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

Dont you just love the world of voice actors! Its fascinating how little time and how little information support actors sometimes get!

I'll second Malicieuse...you must think he would wonder what he was voicing!!!

Thank you kissthethunder for my lovely Baby Fifi avi :hug: and mlp4me for my super hot signature :heart:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Archer

• *MLP Convention Staff*
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
I hope Discord does return :D He was an awesome character :D And i would LOVE a toy of him :D
[IMG]
Art Commissions are currently OPEN including anime art ^_^ PM me for details ^_^

Offline Lon-san

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • RD & DH Doll Hair Color Reference @ Flickr
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
I hope nobody got too creepy in there e-mails ^_^;; Tell him how you loved his performances but try not to get weird. It's no good if these people end up totally creeped out and much harder to get them to visit cons.
He's a little off with his numbers though. There are more women in the fandom than he thinks and a whole chunk are younger than 25.
 ~Clover Patch~

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
I hope nobody got too creepy in there e-mails ^_^;; Tell him how you loved his performances but try not to get weird. It's no good if these people end up totally creeped out and much harder to get them to visit cons.
He's a little off with his numbers though. There are more women in the fandom than he thinks and a whole chunk are younger than 25.

Yeah, I've seen that video before and I'll say the same thing in the other thread that I did here - just because he only hears from guys doesn't mean only guys are watching the show lol. It wouldn't make much sense for young girls to be emailing an adult guy voice actor of a show they like, so of course he's not going to be exposed to that demographic. He's only seeing a portion of the fans because those are the ones contacting him.
"The Great And Power TRIXIE....!! --needs some peanut butter crackers."

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
How could he not know which show he was voicing a character from? cute comment re: female pony fans lol
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Signature and Avatar by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ♥You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login♥You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • MOC Mimic
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
Use SPOILERS, people, OMG.  *facepalm*  I thought this was going to be about him saying “hi, pony fans!” or that someone had recorded him saying “20% cooler” or something.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Visit my Tumblr, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
Yeah... don't creep him out too much if you contact him... no fangirling!  This poor actor has had video footage of him rinsing off at a beach shower spread all over the internet at one point.  :)  He's just a person like the rest of us... okay, a person with a wickedly cool job, but STILL!
Ava:Vanilla Virus