collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it look like....  (Read 661 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Does it look like....
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
Coffee beans? They are supposed to be white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate covered coffee beans. What can I do to make them look more like coffee beans. Make little indent on the sides so they are less ovals?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry bad picture.. The dark chocolate does have a even darker line in the center like the other two.

keikokukien

Re: Does it look like....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
Add shadow, but just a bit. And coffee beans have a little bit of shadow on one side of the "line" that you've drawn in the center...I suggest using the same colors you used for each bean only adding a small little bit of a darker color...the last one, you could use a tiny dot of black and mix it with the same color you have on the bean and then draw a second line flush against the first one you've drawn. You could add a little shadow behind them too. That would make it stand out a bit and still let it be the same design. :) Hope that helps a bit. That is such a CUTE cutie mark, btw! XD Love coffee themed ponies~

Offline MyHatBarks

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »
Hmm, to me they look a little like donuts. I think it might help to make them smaller? Being next to the coffee cup throws the scale off like they'd be donuts since they're about the same size as the cup. Maybe you could move the cup to a hoof and have just the beans on the side? Or vice versa? If you want to keep them all together, you could kinda separate the beans down the center. I mean kind of like this:

Does my rambling make sense? Totally cute idea though!! :)

Nora & Ru visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
I think My Hat is right about making the line go all the way through. The cutie mark is adorable :)

Aednatia

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
I will make them smaller, so the lines go all the way to the ends and the shadows.  Since they are chocolate covered they are less detailed but I think I rather they have enough detail to tell what they are.  Here is a picture I had originally used for reference..

MrsDavis

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
I  agree with the other ladies. Mostly, I just wanted to pop in and say cute cutie mark!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal