collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interesting ways you've gotten ponies?  (Read 2786 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Interesting ways you've gotten ponies?
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »
Have you gotten ponies in ways other than having them given to you or buying them?

I have some FurReal Friends toys that I don't play with any more, and my friend really wants them. She works at a local thrift store, so I'm giving her the FurReal Friends and in exchange she's going to buy ponies that show up at work and give them to me! :D

I'd love to hear if anyone else got ponies through weird things like this xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting ways you've gotten ponies?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
the weirdest way i ever got a pony was had to be this one day, where i was in school and my guidance councelor called me down to her office over the loudspeaker. when i got there she gave me a completely mint except for an eye rub Baby Dibbles (or Nibbles? i dont know which one but it was a newborn twin pegasus. the pink one) because she knew i liked ponies o.o it was random but hey i got something out of it!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
the weirdest way i ever got a pony was had to be this one day, where i was in school and my guidance councelor called me down to her office over the loudspeaker. when i got there she gave me a completely mint except for an eye rub Baby Dibbles (or Nibbles? i dont know which one but it was a newborn twin pegasus. the pink one) because she knew i liked ponies o.o it was random but hey i got something out of it!

That's a really cool way to get a pony! It reminds me of my 7th grade science teacher giving me a sample of Spongebob wrapping paper from his son's birthday, because he knew that I collected Spongebob at the time!

I don't really have any cool stories about ponies coming to me, but I did find a C.U.T.I.E. at the park once when I was a kid.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
My cousin found a SS pony at the tip when we were little, it was in great condition too.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
My Dad found a baby seapony (Baby Wavy) just lying in a Target parking lot when I was a little girl!

That's about it here!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
When I was maybe like 14 I was playing in the yard of a girl down the street, she was younger than me by a couple years I remember, like maybe 11. She had a G1 Sky Flyer in her play bucket and we were talking, I was telling her all about my ponies at home and she handed me Sky Flyer and said I could have her! lol. It was so sweet.

Now that I think about it I probably shouldn't have taken a toy from a younger kid. XD But hey, it was cute and nice!

Sky Flyer was covered in dirt from being an 'outside toy' but she cleaned up very nicely with a wash!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
i don't know if this counts but i just want to be a part of this so i'll post it XD

my boyfriend and i were broken up at the time and were arguing constantly and we decided to "take a break" from the arguing of our real problems and just talk for a while to calm down. we were talking about how our day went and stuff (we had an odd relationship at that point XD)
and i told him i was watching an auction for an applejack sweet apple barn and he already knew how much i wanted it. and since he didn't know which auction it was, and couldn't be at his computer to look it up, he wired me $16 to buy it XD so i bought it and he paid me back for it. LOL!!! but it was the awesomest christmas present EVER. he even sent me like $40 to help with bills that week! O_O i felt bad for him sending me so much money when we were broken up. i didn't even ask him for it. but i felt bad.
we're back together now though, and i get to spoil him by sending him presents to his base (air force) so its all good!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:28:38 AM »
The target one is awesome! ^__^ 
a mall kiosk which was selling gardening supplies to raise money for a homeless shelter.... I KNOW there are others.... hrm... I did get Blueberry Baskets from a fried from school a long time ago... she saw i had a pony on  my notebook ^__^  OOo just the other day i bought a small bag of vintage plastic hair clips at a thrift and megans shoe was in it! unfortunately it was only one shoe, but still! I know there are many other ways but i cant remember at the moment... ^_^
When i was little i was always finding things.... I found a 20$ bill under a parked car when i was 4... dad had me put it in the collection plate at church. I also found a cubic zirconium tennis bracelet in a park, and no one claimed it so i got to keep it! 
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
My cousin is collecting all the ponies that go through recycling for me!  I've gotten well over 20 from her already!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:43 AM »
My cousin is collecting all the ponies that go through recycling for me!  I've gotten well over 20 from her already!
DOOOD!!! now i wanna raid recycling bins as well as trash bins! ^__^ 
(I find great stuff especially at the end of the semesters!)
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Arokiss

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
Well, not weird, but sweet  :biggrin:
A flatmate of mine, when I was in college, gave me a French Bowtie after she saw a couple of ponies I had brought with me from home. So sweet. That is one pony that will never leave my collection!

*JM*

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
At work (Special school) one day, I was supervising the littlies in the playround. Amongst the toys strewn about the yard, there was a table with a castle and a load of MLP, mainly fakies and G2s and McDonalds, but also a CP Applejack and a few other G1s. Since I knew they belonged to the Nursery Nurse, whilst the ponies were being thrown about, spat on, chewed, danced on, etc, I said to her "Do you know what your little darlings are mutilating there?!"  She let me rescue a Baby Squirmy to take home so I felt better! The kids still had a baby Squirmy there, but it was tailless! The children loved those ponies, and played with them at least once a week, so I got my own CP Applejack a few years later and don't like to think of the fate of the other one!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
When I was about 3, one of my friends collected ponies too and she knew I adored them, she didn't actually collect them, she just like them to play with, we went downstairs for me to go home and she gave me Shady. I think about it now, and my friend was Italian, I wonder what other beauties she had ! I would never ask her for them, but the other day I saw her family at a carboot and she saw me with some ponies (about 2 months back) and her mum said if my old friend still had some, they would drop them to my house, sadly the ponies never came, but that's fine  :)  It was nice to see an old friend.
I found tonnes of ponies at car boots when I was little, I remember a girl younger than me picking up one G1 and buying it, so I ran over and bought all the rest  :lol:  haha!
Well, that's it, not amazing like the Target story of Kittybethy, but still cute  :biggrin:

mimitchi33

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
I've gotten a McDonalds 1997 My Little Pony from a teacher once, and I have 2 Petite Ponies, an MLP cousin and a Twinkle Eye Whizzer (the one with hats as her symbol) from another teacher!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »
I loaned some kinect games to a co worker for his kids to play with and when they were returned they came with a Pinkie Pie! Apparently his daughter heard I liked ponies and wanted me to have one of hers! *socute* Pinkie now lives on my desk.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal