collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My first slow payer  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
My first slow payer
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
At the end of today, I have an auction that will become eligible to open up an unpaid item dispute. I have sent two invoice4s to the buyer, the second one asking him to please let me know if he needed more time.. and have heard nothing.

4 days is when you can file.. But do you normally wait longer than that? I haven't had to do this before.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: My first slow payer
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
It depends on what was stated in your sales page.

Yes, 4 days is when you can start to open a non payer dispute... but many ebay sellers allow a longer time. I once won an auction when I was on vacation, but my seller had allowed 10 days for payment.

I think communication is key. If it wasn't mentioned your detailed rules on the contract, then I would email them another notice that you expect payment within so many days, otherwise you'll open up the non bidder dispute.

I personally think a week is fair , if no time line was given previously. :3 It's frustrating to not receive communication. But you should give him fair warning too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »
A week is what I used to wait, but then I changed it to four days.  The automatic unpaid item assistant is awesome.  You can set it up to automatically file unpaid item disputes and close them if no response is received.  That's one of the very few things eBay got right.  Just be sure to mention in your descriptions that you use the assistant and what the timeframe is.  If no timeframe is stated, I agree with banditpony that one week is fair.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:13:08 AM »
I give my buyers 7 days unless they contact me and make other arrangements.  In which I do not mind waiting.  But in any event I do email them giving them a chance to respond within a day or two and if not I open the dispute. 

I would send them an email and ask if they need more time rather than write it on your invoice.  I have noticed people do always tend to read what is written on invoices.  And if they do not respond in a timely manner then open the dispute.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
I give my buyers several days.  Then I send them a message giving them a time limit on a response.  I open a case if I don't hear back from them.  As for a time frame, it is up to you as a seller.  Also, like ponylady said, I would always send a separate message.  Even I forget to read invoice messages.

Lastly, hate to say it this way, but you're going to have to get used to non-paying-buyers/bidders.  I see at least 2 each week.  Ebay doesn't care, and neither do they.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:59:54 AM »
If I don't pay in 2 days, I usually contact the seller to let them know what's up as sometimes they may have other auctions going I'm interested in. Unless of course it's stated payment is due such a day, I pay before then. Communication is needed by the buyer.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »
Thanks guys :) they did pay today. I need to remember to add those details into the auction notes.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
It happens quite often unfortunately , so its always best to state in your auction when you expect payment by. I normally allow 5-7 days :awake:   I'm happy to hear that they finally paid you without you having to open a case this time :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 07:58:18 AM »
That's great that the sent payment! And definitely a good idea to add your payment due requirements to your auction.

I give my buyers 3 days to pay and open a NPB dispute on the 4th. I send an invoice out the first day and then again on the morning of the 3rd day and if I don't get any response then the dispute is opened on the 4th day. That still gives them 4 days to make payment before the dispute is closed but then I don't have to wait as long if they don't end up paying.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal