collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: McDonald's ponies releasing order.  (Read 16669 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: McDonald's ponies releasing order.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
Ugh, I was hoping Lily Blossom would be first, so I didn't have to stalk all the McD's in the area til she came out. Still going tomorrow, though.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
I wonder how many McDs stick to the schedule though. When the very first G3  McD  ponies came out, I was able to buy the whole set, but when they had the anniversary ones  - they  wouldn't let me but the whole set (and I tried 3 different store).

The McDs at our local walmart seems like they just dump a  bunch into a bin  - so it's really random what you get.  With this last release of Hot Wheels, it was a pain to track down all the different cars for my sons!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 08:02:25 AM »
Last time ponies were at Mcd in 2011, I went to about 7 or 8 in my area on the same day and they all had different ponies out--usually two at a time--but none of the stores had the same two.  Also, one store had all of them you could buy at once--that is the store I am going to today.  So at least in my area, I don't think any Mcd stores stick to the schedule.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:04:08 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
This spoils the "hunting" fun... but you can get them all at once if you say "Customer Appreciation set".  Evidently corporate Mcdonalds puts out the Customer Appreciation Sets for collectors.  I did that with the last McDs ponies and with these too.  They give you a bag with all 8.  Mine cost $16.  Like I said it's not as "fun". but it's an easy way to get them all if you are worried.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
Thanks for that info gabumon -  that would have been helpful getting those HotWheels :P

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »
Sounds awesome!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
This spoils the "hunting" fun... but you can get them all at once if you say "Customer Appreciation set".  Evidently corporate Mcdonalds puts out the Customer Appreciation Sets for collectors.  I did that with the last McDs ponies and with these too.  They give you a bag with all 8.  Mine cost $16.  Like I said it's not as "fun". but it's an easy way to get them all if you are worried.

lol a secret code word! Sweet! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
When the Hello Kitty toys were last at McDonald's, I asked the store manager about the customer appreciation box so I could just get the whole set at once. He said he has no idea what I'm talking about, that nothing like that exists and I wouldn't be able to buy any more than what they had at a time, which was usually 2 different toys. Obviously, he was lying. But I did see someone on EQD say that if they don't open the customer appreciation box up to sell any of the sets out of it, they can send it back for a refund. I'm guessing this was the case, but the manager could have told me that instead of lying to me. Another time I asked about it, and another manager told me they don't get that until the end of the promotion (I was that was a lie, but by then I'd have them all so no point in trying) but I read on EQD that they get the customer appreciation box before the promotion starts, along with the display case with all the toys.

There are actually two McDonald's near my house, but I usually go to the one a bit farther away because they keep a bunch of the toys in a bin near where they bag up the food, which makes it easy to check which ones they have. The one near my house just puts a bunch in the Happy Meal bags or boxes, so to check, they have to look in each box, which are stacked on top of each other, so it's too much of a pain. Plus, that one tends to be busier since it has a big Play Place in it.

DJ Midli

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

Actually thank you for this. Ill pass this on to the brony community. It also helps me in not getting fat by ordering food e.e; I hope the mcdonalds in the walmart near my work will do this.

Also just came back from mcdonalds, I have 1 fluttershy 2 pinkie pies and a rarity (No twilight ;-;..damnit why does my fav pony elude me)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »

Actually thank you for this. Ill pass this on to the brony community. It also helps me in not getting fat by ordering food e.e; I hope the mcdonalds in the walmart near my work will do this.

Also just came back from mcdonalds, I have 1 fluttershy 2 pinkie pies and a rarity (No twilight ;-;..damnit why does my fav pony elude me)

No prob, actually I thought everypony knew this already, or that enough folks who worked at McDs before knew.  *shrugs*

My understanding is that each store gets a limited number of these complete sets, so don't wait too long or the regular happy meal dispersals will "eat" into the sets.  Although... the one I got mine at yesterday day says they have "20 sets"... which I'm a lil dubious about.  Maybe she misunderstood my question.

Anyway glad to be of help.   I used a chisel to pop that weird keychain knob off of my Lilly Blossom.  Just waiting for the yellow (yes) nail polish to dry! XD

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
Are they out today? I am so going to McDonald's!

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
LOL Back when I worked at a McDs as a teen "Customer Appreciation Gift" was code for a complaining customer. (the ones that make us cry at night) I would hesitate to use it. Many McDs are franchised and may not have such "sets" or even know what you're talking about if mentioned.

Last year I was able to buy all of them, but that was in the last week so I don't know if they followed as schedule or not. (I'll find out today muhahaha) I also paid $1.50/each 'cept the two that came with my meals, but still less expensive then buying the whole meal.

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »
No prob, actually I thought everypony knew this already, or that enough folks who worked at McDs before knew.  *shrugs*

My understanding is that each store gets a limited number of these complete sets, so don't wait too long or the regular happy meal dispersals will "eat" into the sets.  Although... the one I got mine at yesterday day says they have "20 sets"... which I'm a lil dubious about.  Maybe she misunderstood my question.

I dunno... I went to two different McDonald's this morning...

First one... didn't give me any issue getting a full set. The lady taking the drive thru orders, had to go check, but charged me for a full set... no problem! :cheer:

The second... told me that they "aren't allowed" to sell full sets until the promotion was over. So I bought a couple of extras and went on my way.

The third (in a Walmart) was more than happy to help me with a full set, AFTEr lunch time. So I'm headed back there in a bit... to procure another full set! :frolic:

And now... I give you all... PICS!

Everyone together!

Comparison shots.... to last year's set... (tho apparently I don't have a Rarity from last year... EEEK!)

I just ADORE Lily Blossom! She's so cute! :lovey:

But... SIGH! Why did Hasbro/McDonald's have to decide to make them "functional"? I mean honestly... there's no way those ponies will stay on those stupid clasps on a kid's backpack! They'll be lost in an instand. >.< UGH... My set will definately have those things on their heads removed...

Anywho... there are more pics in that webshots album! I'm off to hit that Walmart McDonald's again! WOOT!

EDIT: Also... I was told that the toys were (by themselves) $1.29 if you purchase food... and $1.99 otherwise. And I believe the "set" I managed to purchase was $8.52 or something like that... We'll see what I'm charged at thsi Walmart one... ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:55:15 AM by ladybrooklyn »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
i just got 2 of each of the first 4 to be realeased and it cost me about $15. they charged me $1.80 per pony. so i got half the set already. yaaay. but ouch on the price. :(

prowlsgirl

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
I got Rarity but I just don't like the tail not betting purple like it should.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal