collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: McDonald's ponies releasing order.  (Read 16689 times)

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: McDonald's ponies releasing order.
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »
I just got a full set earlier today!! For the Customer Appreciation Set you need to go to a McDonald's that is either in a mall or a Walmart. They always get shipped those sets. ;)

Oh!!! Thank you so much! I'll hit the walmart McDonald's by my house tomorrow and ask for this set. :D Yay! There is hope. XD

DJ Midli

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »
I just got a full set earlier today!! For the Customer Appreciation Set you need to go to a McDonald's that is either in a mall or a Walmart. They always get shipped those sets. ;)

Oh!!! Thank you so much! I'll hit the walmart McDonald's by my house tomorrow and ask for this set. :D Yay! There is hope. XD

yes thank you! the mcdonalds near my work is in a walmart! I just hope they don't run out of these sets by wed!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
Ok my mom and I had quite the adventure tonight in search of these ponies.

First we stopped at the mc donalds here in town (this is after i bought the first 4 from them earlier today) and they told us they only had pinkie pie available. i asked them about the other 3 and they said "no, we only have pinkie pie available" so my mom asked to buy 2 pinkie pies. we were handed a pinkie pie and a fluttershy. i looked at the guy and said "...does this look like a pinkie pie to you?!" he shrugged and turned away to go about his business. well my mom wasn't happy with that. she wanted a set for me, one for her, and one to sell on ebay. so we drove an hour to go to the next mc donalds. they were RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUDE RUDE RUDE. and I WILL be calling the corporate office to complain. the cashier was an air headed girl. then i asked (after reading in here) for the customer satisfaction box. the girl asked her manager "they want to buy some stuff from the customer satasfaction box" and he wouldn't look at us, he gave her an angry look and said "We don't have one. there is no such thing." i then stepped in front of mom and started to talk. i said "then look in the back" he said "All we have is the first one" i said "that's not true at all and you know it. i didn't drive an hour just for you to lie to me." and i left, VERY angry. he wouldn't look me in the eye either! so we drove a half an hour to the NEXT mc donalds. we're an hour and a half into driving time now. we stopped and i walked in, the manager was at the register. i said "here's what the deal is.... i want a cheeseburger happy meal, with a diet coke. and a pony toy... and please please please tell me you have a customer satisfaction box of ponies. this is the 3rd mc donalds i've stopped at tonight. the last one we went to was very rude to me, and we drove over an hour in search of these ponies. do you have any of the full sets of ponies for sale?" and he said "yeah we haven't even opened that box yet, i'll go check" and he started to go back and look and he stopped and said "you know what, if you come back when the promotion is over, on the 29th, i'll give you the display too" i was wide eyed and i said "OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS TO ME!!!!!" he was VERY kind. he sold us 3 sets, mom paid $56 on ponies, $30 on gas, and our happy meal intake for the night was 4. XD we're both sick to our stomachs and have huge headaches. but he sold us the sets of ponies, i get the display box, and we went home. total drive time was 2 hours. but it was worth it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
So I went to the McD I mentioned earlier in this thread and asked which ponies they had out.  So the guy says we have all of them and asked if I was a collector, so I told him yes.  So he grabs a Mcd to go bag, goes to the back of the store for like 2 min, and then returns.  Now while I was waiting, I pull out a $20 thinking its going to cost me $16.  But when he returns he hands me the bag, and I ask if all 8 are in there--he says yes--and then tells me to take the bag--and I'm like "I don't need to pay?" and he said no.  I was like what?!  So I got all 8 for free!  Crazy!  This store is defintely my fav McDonalds.  LOL.

How awesome!  :)

I just got Pinkie today. . .  and she cost me $2 which was more than I was expecting but I wasn't in the mood to question it.

I should've looked at this thread earlier; I had no idea about the customer appreciation sets.  They sound awesome.  I don't know if I want a whole set (i tend to usually only want a couple of the McD ponies) but it's a great idea.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »
Varkolak - What a fun story! That sounds like something my mom and I would do (well, without wanting a set for herself).. She's gone hunting for toys at McDonalds for/with me before. :)
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 06:10:42 AM »
Went to McDonalds yesterday and all they had was the first two :P It stinks because I'm going back to school on Sunday which means I have to stalk the two McDonalds up in my college town to get the whole set lol!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
Success! I got two complete sets in just one trip. Surprisingly, it was at the same McDonald's where a manager told me last year that he had no idea what I was talking about, and a customer satisfaction box wasn't a real thing.

I went in around 7:30PM, so I was the only customer. I told the girl at the register that I wanted to buy a few complete sets of the ponies, so she got the manager. I then told him I was interested in buying a few complete sets of ponies, and asked if I could buy them from the customer satisfaction box. He right away says "sure, no problem." and goes in the back for a few minutes. When he came back, he was carrying a big box, which he sat on the counter and opened. He told me even if I was buying food, he could only discount 2 of the 16 I was buying, but I figured it was worth it since then I wouldn't have to keep coming back to look for all the different ponies. So the cashier and I dug out two of each of the ponies and I was on my way.

If someone manages to successfully remove those plastic tumors from the ponies' heads, please post pics as well as instructions on how to do it. Making them clip-ons was a bad idea.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:56:53 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »
Got the full set today! I went with two other friends, and we each asked if we could purchase the set. The cashier was friendly and went to check in the back. But the manager wasn't nice at all! She was complaining about how she wasn't allowed to sell sets, but the awesome cashier told her to just get the toys. I apologized for the trouble, but she just laughed and said it was no big deal. The employee that brought out the toys only brought one set, and was not happy about having to fish around for two more. All the while, the manager was ranting about how ridiculous it was. I got 7 ponies because one came with the Happy Meal, and the employee who brought them was complaining about having to fish out the one I already had from the bag! But the cashier came to the rescue and knew which I had already. At the end of the day, all three of us got the full set, but boy was it interesting! They charged about $16 for them, and I don't think the manager was feeling too generous lol. But hey, what a great cashier!
Then we all watched the episode together! I had a great pony day!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »
Wow, so many of you are getting complete sets. I'm afraid to ask mine about the customer appreciation box. I could only find Pinkie and Rarity. I may check a different McDonalds on the way home. I want to make sure I get them all.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
Question for anyone who got Applejack, did you notice anything odd about her tail? Out of the three people in my pony hunting group, two of our Applejacks look like the tail hole almost melted into itself a bit. I can see the tail plug inside her body, and her butt looks sunken in a bit. Just my luck, or has anyone else noticed this?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

emera_lazzaly

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »
Got the last four!

Offline Ainadae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
Just got my set! I stopped at the McD's in the local Walmart and asked if it would be possible to purchase the full set, and the manager sold me all eight for $10. They were so nice, even though they were a little busy. They even went the extra mile for me by running over to the store room for a new box to pick out a Cheerilee to complete my set!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 05:40:07 PM »
Hit another McD today and they also still had the SW promotion still going.  I'm starting to think I'm living in a wormhole or something and it's last week.  :P  But thanks to Ms Twilight's tip, I'm going to try and hit a Walmart tomorrow and try the Customer Appreciation tip.

Elf

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »
I just got Rarity. I figured I'd get her but I wanted to go! I was hungry lol.
Oh well, I'll go back in a few days and see if I can get something different.

On a side note, I wish happy meals didn't come in boxes. It's slightly embarrassing walking home with one and passing a group of good looking men as I try to conceal it in my arms.  :P
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »
Well, like I said, the McDs here are random. Friday on my way to work I stopped at one and picked up a Happy Meal and I asked which color ponies they had -  the guy was like "uhhhh, I don't know" - so I asked well, can I get the White one? (figuring that based on the release schedule it should be Rarity).

So I get to work and open up my box and who do I get?

Lilly Blossom... #6 :P  - not that I'm complaining, since I really only wanted to get her and Applejack

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal