collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: McDonald's ponies releasing order.  (Read 16735 times)

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: McDonald's ponies releasing order.
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Wondering if anyone in Canada has had any difficulty finding rbd and cherilee.... so far both the Ottawa bronies and bronies of canada groups are reporting inability to find... wondering ifhere is the same
Betcha you'll find them no problem this week...

I've snagged a few... but most of the McDonald's I hit this week... were on AJ and Lily. Which would mean that RD and Cheerilee will be this week...

I'll be headed out tomorrow maybe... to see if I can get them :D

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:48 PM »
I swapped out a Twilight Sparkle for a Fluttershy at a McDonalds I went to, so who knows where mine are in the order.  I wish McDonalds had a kids salad.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
They're all over the place around here. Most are on Lillyblossom and Applejack. But I checked one last night that still had Pinkie Pie and Rarity. o_O;  I'm missing Twilight and Fluttershy! ;-;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »
Finally fininshed up my McD pony collection today! I went to 5 different locations over the past week to seek these out! I got lucky today by finding a Twilight Sparkle who I think was the hardest to find.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
i was informed that they will stop selling these on the 30th (29th at night), so got about 9 more days to go until they're gone!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2012, 12:33:34 PM »
Dang it, the one I hit at lunch today still had the Beanie Babies out!  (Bank and Sparks, for you fellow Ottawa people.)  I may feel the need to go McD hopping tomorrow.

I think my co-workers were more disappointed than I was today that there were no Ponies.  :P

Elf

Aw, I loved the old beanies! Does anyone know how many or what they were?

Also, could someone please tell me what "The Customer Appreciation Set" consists of?

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
Dang it, the one I hit at lunch today still had the Beanie Babies out!  (Bank and Sparks, for you fellow Ottawa people.)  I may feel the need to go McD hopping tomorrow.

I think my co-workers were more disappointed than I was today that there were no Ponies.  :P

Elf

Aw, I loved the old beanies! Does anyone know how many or what they were?

Also, could someone please tell me what "The Customer Appreciation Set" consists of?

I think they meant the build a bear toys, since that's what was before ponies.

I think I'll go and see if I can get another pony today. I still only have two..
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
I went to the McDonald's I got my two complete sets from (out of the Customer Satisfaction box) over the weekend and they had Rarity and Pinkie Pie, so I got an extra of each to trade. I'm surprised they had those two, though, since they're number 1 & 2, and that particular McDonald's always releases the toys in order. So it's definitely odd that they would still be on the first two this late in the promotion. Unless there were a few of them left before they moved on to the next ones, and they've now gone through all the others already.

Rococo

« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
I finally got them all, after much toing and froing. Seriously, why had none of the places I went to heard of the customer satisfaction box? It would've saved us gas and time if they had. Probably money too... lol

I had to switch out Rainbow Dash multiple times because the ones I kept getting had hideously applicated eye paint. The one I finally settled on has sort of messed up eye paint still, but she looks a lot less frightening then the others ones I almost got saddled with. A lot of my McDs ponies have sloppy paint in general (like my double exposure-freckled AJ, bless her adorable heart), but you can't expect too much from mass-produced Happy Meal toys I guess. xD

Edit: The pony toys made in Vietnam all seem to have this weird molding "scab" on their front leg while the McDs ponies made in China do not. Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:05:11 PM by Rococo »

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »
Just got Twilight, yay!
I'm actually having fun getting a "surprise" toy.

Edit: The pony toys made in Vietnam all seem to have this weird molding "scab" on their front leg while the McDs ponies made in China do not. Hmm.

My Twilight has this on her leg. It looks awful. The paint on her hair and eyes is a bit chipped too. Eh.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
I noticed that on some of mine, too. I didn't even think to look at the markings (I assumed they were all made in China like everything else) but yeah, all the ones that say Vietnam on them have that weird chunk cut out of the front of their leg.

will2Bfree

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
Mine are terrible quality compared to past McD's releases. Poor Rainbow Dash is the worst off by far. Lily Blossom is so cute I got two of her, but even she's got issues. I might take some pictures tomorrow if I think of it. Even still, they're not that much worse than the $5 brushables.

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
I went to my local McDs hoping to get some possible upgrade ponys and got a 2011 Rainbow Dash, so tonight I'm going back at suppertime to see what other old ponys they got!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
I'm guessing the ponies sold really well if they're selling out of them more than a week early. I'm glad I got mine early. Though, I kind of wish I had picked up two extra sets to trade instead of one, but I didn't really have the money at the time. I'm still holding out on trading the set I have because I don't know what I want to trade it for, but I'm thinking I could try getting Skywishes or Cherry Pie and Diamond Rose for them. Maybe I should just hold out on trading the set until later though.

Obsydian

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »
I got a Cheerilee from the first run today. D: She's cute though I like her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal