collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cat toy identifiaction  (Read 4264 times)

Shetani

• Trade Count: (0)
Cat toy identifiaction
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:15 AM »
First: I don't have the slightest clue as to where I should post this so feel free to toss it into the right place c:.
:Thanks for moving c::

But to the point. I recently bought these cute MLP style plastic cat toys. I had two of these when I was an kid, so I couldn't resist buying these. and I would like to know more about them as to where they came from, are there more than the six of them, and what accessories the orange one had. The seller said that wedding dress and panties belong to the brown one. the bathrobe belongs to the grey one alongside the pyjamas she's wearing. There's no Copyrights anywhere.

Here's some pictures c:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Girls with their accessories and original three ribbons. the bathrobe in the following picture belongs to this grey girl, and the wedding dress is for the brown.

Boys with the accessories of the two girls above.

The whole gang.

And their combs. the two girls came with these, and the seller said that one of the combs is extra.

and one hairless boy :c

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:08:30 AM by Shetani »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Cat toy identifiaction
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:02:33 AM »
As they are non mlp toys I will move this over to Off Topic for you :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Valkohai

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »
I can't stop stearing at your games.. Legend of Kartia? Hnnng
Also.. PS2 games filled with horror... and Naruto? :'D

Winland? as in Finland or Denmark?

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
I have never seen them before. They are very cute and weird.  :| Their faces look a bit old fashioned, like on '60s toys. Are they in fact older toys? Or newly produced? (as in the '80s or later)
-

Valkohai

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:37:16 AM »
I remember seeing one as a kid. Though my memory is very shady but I'm sure I seen one. I've bron 1987.. I think it was a bit old when I saw it too.. I was only child at the time from my whole inside family so I think last pla aged people would be my mom and aunt. my mom had me when she was 19 so I would say the toy could be 70's or 60's.

I sorta want them.. they are darn cute..
you selling them?

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »
Those are strange!

**stares**

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
Those are neat! I've never seen them before! Good luck figuring out what they are!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Shetani

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
I have never seen them before. They are very cute and weird.  Their faces look a bit old fashioned, like on '60s toys. Are they in fact older toys? Or newly produced? (as in the '80s or later)
Well I can't be sure of when these were made or sold, as I was born in 1990. and the two I previously had were bought from a flea-market when I was about 6. But the seller said that they were made in the 80's but they haven't confirmed it either.

I can't stop stearing at your games.. Legend of Kartia? Hnnng
Also.. PS2 games filled with horror... and Naruto? :'D

Winland? as in Finland or Denmark?

I remember seeing one as a kid. Though my memory is very shady but I'm sure I seen one. I've bron 1987.. I think it was a bit old when I saw it too.. I was only child at the time from my whole inside family so I think last pla aged people would be my mom and aunt. my mom had me when she was 19 so I would say the toy could be 70's or 60's.

I sorta want them.. they are darn cute..
you selling them?

hahaa, yes I have quite a variety there, being a nerd and all :b.
And as in Finland ;). It's just an inside joke :b

Indeed, as I stated previously that it's not confirmed when these were made or sold, so they could easily be older.

I'm not that sure about selling them. maybe when I find out what these are I'm going to part with few c:

Valkohai

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
my aunt identified one of the cats as her toy what she got when she was a kid. so I'm staying behind my statment.
She said that they bought the cat from a cemical store (lol).

But she also said something about a dog that had a long white snout. I don't know if it is same series but there.

I asked her more but she hasn't yet replied to me.

Also, yeah Winland, its a  lil internet joke as well when people found out about Finlandia vodka they started to call Finland as Winland.

If you sell let me know. I suddenly got this burning want because I used to play with those too as a kid. And I dunno.. maybe aunt is interested too, lol.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
They look a lot like Kitty Care by Hornby, 1985. I found these browsing Ghost of the Doll a few months ago and fell in love with some of the Puppy Cares.

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_PuppyCare_Kitty.htm

Valkohai

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »
they look same series yeah.
but I think it is not complete list.. I think?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:00:20 PM by Valkohai »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
they look same series yeah.
but I think it is not complete list.. I think?

Hmm... I wonder...

I was not born in 1985, so I don't remember these at all. I'm curious to learn more about them though! I've been keeping a mildly interested eye out during my thrift store travels.

Valkohai

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
I googled it and not much was found. the trade mark document was found as well as few e-bay sells of the brand.. but mainly dogs. Internationa e-bay had a one Puppy care dog and lot of small bears for a small price but in EUR e-bay I found one seller that described them "rare" and sold them for 18€ a piece. Cats I did not see.

Hmm... I wonder...

I was not born in 1985, so I don't remember these at all. I'm curious to learn more about them though! I've been keeping a mildly interested eye out during my thrift store travels.

I've born 1987 and I remember these. My aunt is only slightly younger than my mom who was 19 when she got me.

I think they were not too popuar in their time?

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »
They look a lot like Kitty Care by Hornby, 1985. I found these browsing Ghost of the Doll a few months ago and fell in love with some of the Puppy Cares.

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_PuppyCare_Kitty.htm

That must be them. Although they look much cuter in those pamphlet pictures. The combs are different too... But prototype pictures are not to trust, very often the actually produced toys look different.
-

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 02:38:44 PM »

I've born 1987 and I remember these. My aunt is only slightly younger than my mom who was 19 when she got me.

I think they were not too popuar in their time?

I was born in 1989, so if they were not popular in their time, then it's unlikely that I would have ever come across them when I was old enough to remember toys. That's really cool that your aunt was able to get you one! They are very cute and they remind me of another little known toy line from the late '90s called Puppy Dog Tails. They were also MLP-like in that they had brushable tails. I had quite a few of them but I have no idea what happened to them.

http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=644.0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal