collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Pokemon Fans/Collectors Able to Help?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Any Pokemon Fans/Collectors Able to Help?
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
So at a local charity shop my brother and I found a binder of Pokemon cards. They are in a binder that says 'Platinum Supreme Victory'. All the cards are from 2007-2009 and it looks like there's one card from 98, there's quite a few doubles and a few shiny cards. As I know next to nothing about Pokemon does anybody know if there's any cards that I should keep an eye out for. And if we (my brother and I) decide to sell these how would we go about it. I can hopefully get some pictures later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Any Pokemon Fans/Collectors Able to Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:36:39 AM »
I think the values depend on which cards you actually have. The shiny ones may be more sought after, I don't know for sure as I'm not an active collector, I just have some cards from childhood. Photos would indeed help, or a list of the names at least. :) Hope you can find someone who knows more than me!

ETA// Maybe this site would help? There are some price guides there.
http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/prices.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:40:52 AM by Griffin »

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 06:43:21 AM »
I think the values depend on which cards you actually have. The shiny ones may be more sought after, I don't know for sure as I'm not an active collector, I just have some cards from childhood. Photos would indeed help, or a list of the names at least. :) Hope you can find someone who knows more than me!

ETA// Maybe this site would help? There are some price guides there.
http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/prices.html
Thanks for the link I'll check it out. I'll sort out photos, I counted the cards and if I counted right there is infact 143 in there. D:

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:10 AM »
That's alot of cards! Good luck pricing them and, if you decide to, selling them!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:20:47 AM »
Selling Pokemon cards can be tricky - certain cards are more harder to find than others and thus more valuable.  But the market's so up and down (as all markets are) I can't keep track of what's worth what. 

Honestly I had about 400-500 cards and sold them on craigslist a year or two ago for $50.  =/

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
I have a very large knowledge of Pokemon cards, so if there's any you can't find significant info on, feel free to send me a PM! I'd be happy to help :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
I'm into Pokemon but not Pokemon cards- though I do know that the holographic ones and the ones marked with a star in a bottom corner are considered "rare" and may be sought after. I don't know what it's like now, but when I was a kid, the Charizard card was kind of like Mimic in that everybody wanted it, so higher demand made it rare. (Even now in my head, I still call Mimic the "Charizard card pony.")

I have some friends who are really into Pokemon cards though and are very knowledgeable about what's what and what's worth what. Which cards did you find? I can ask them for a PC.

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
I don't know what it's like now, but when I was a kid, the Charizard card was kind of like Mimic in that everybody wanted it, so higher demand made it rare. (Even now in my head, I still call Mimic the "Charizard card pony.")
Kinda off topic but - I know how you mean about charizard being rare - pokemon cards actually got banned in my school after somebody stole my shiny one, it still makes me laugh to this day x)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
Dawn, I went to a religious school and Pokemon was seriously banned because when it was new, some pastor somewhere said it was a demonic tool of the devil.

Granted, I'm 23 years old, religious, and I love Pokemon. But still, I've gotta say, LOLWUT?

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
I don't know what it's like now, but when I was a kid, the Charizard card was kind of like Mimic in that everybody wanted it, so higher demand made it rare. (Even now in my head, I still call Mimic the "Charizard card pony.")
Kinda off topic but - I know how you mean about charizard being rare - pokemon cards actually got banned in my school after somebody stole my shiny one, it still makes me laugh to this day x)

They got banned at my school, I got in trouble for ones that weren't even mine. XD

When I was younger a friend of mine in the year above me was playing pokemon with a girl in her class for some reason I decided to follow them around so we ended up hiding in the girl's cloakroom to play when a year six came in, saw us and told the headteacher. Headteacher came in rounded us up and the following happened.
*Points at my friend* 'ARE THESE YOURS!?"
'No, I have cards but they're at home,'
*Skips over girl who actually had the cards and points at me, who is the very embodiment of goodie two shoes*
'ARE THESE YOURS?!!!!!!'
Me: N...n...nooooooo!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
We still have most of ours from when it first came out :)  It would be something id have to ask my brother..if hes still savy about cards and prices :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
Truthfully, I don't think many from '07-'09 would be worth all that much. the older cards might be, though. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal