collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping Overcharger eBay User aaa41583  (Read 6990 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
After her initial response, I asked if she could explain how the money was spent. She hasn't said anything. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Ebay does allow sellers to charge a handling fee, however, it has to be reasonable. Even for local pick ups, there may be a handling fee involved. This however should be reasonable, and not ridiculous.

I do hope that the seller tries to do the right thing for you!

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
Just wanted to update and say that it has now been 5 days with no reply from the seller so I've escalated the case for a final decision from eBay. I know I probably won't get anything but I figured it was worth a shot.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Shady Behavior from eBay Seller (Escalated)
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 09:43:04 AM »
Good Luck babystarz and I do hope they side in your favor. 
I am just curious though when you opened the case, where you able to open a case for the excessive shipping charges? Or did you have to file an item not as described case?   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
I had to file an "item not as described" case. Since the shipping price was not as described, that seemed like the closest option. I will definitely look into filing a report for excessive shipping costs too. I can't believe the seller has stopped responding again, what a nightmare to deal with. You would think she'd care more about defending herself now that eBay is involved, to say nothing of her reputation being on the line.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:48:04 PM by babystarz »

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
Good luck, babystarz! :lovey:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »
http://reviews.ebay.com/Report-excessive-shipping-step-by-step-guide?ugid=10000000001894527

Here is a link to the step by step to report excessive shipping. Seems outdated though (even though it says it was updated this month).

I tried to poke around to get at a menu that was similar. And this is what it says in the customer support for the search 'excessive shipping' :

"Also, keep in mind that sellers aren't allowed to charge a separate fee for things like insurance, mileage, time spent at a shipping carrier, employee wages, or eBay and PayPal fees. See the shipping and handling costs section of our selling practices policy for more information. [/size][/color]
If a seller is breaking the rules,
report it to us."
[/font]
[/color][/size][/color][/size]report it to us, is a link, that sends it to a form to email them. What happens beyond that....... who knows. [/color]

I am curious to know if a not as described case would work in your favor . Mostly because not as described is not your issue. (And it never seems like they believe in partial refunds, only full refunds with returns).

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:24:08 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 07:06:07 AM »

I tried to poke around to get at a menu that was similar. And this is what it says in the customer support for the search 'excessive shipping' :

"Also, keep in mind that sellers aren't allowed to charge a separate fee for things like insurance, mileage, time spent at a shipping carrier, employee wages, or eBay and PayPal fees. See the shipping and handling costs section of our selling practices policy for more information. [/size][/color]
If a seller is breaking the rules,
report it to us."
[/font]
[/color][/size][/color][/size]report it to us, is a link, that sends it to a form to email them. What happens beyond that....... who knows. [/color]

Thank you!  A good link to have on hand.  :)  My biggest complaint with ebay recently though is that we sellers are not allowed to charge for insurance.  It's either included in the shipping cost, or it's not.  I wish it was an option - I understand why they've changed that (to protect the buyer), but honestly it's very off-putting to a lot of bidders seeing that the shipping cost is nearly $2 more to cover insurance.  I liked it better when it was an option.

I mean, I ensure packages $50 and over, but I'm not going to spend $2 extra on insurance when the pony I sold was $4, and shipping itself was $2.  :drunk:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
ARGH!   I'm so fed up with sellers overcharging for shipping. This seems to be a growing trend.  Sellers claim that by offering you a combined shipping total, they can give you a few bucks back and expect you to be happy about it.  I've had two major cases recently and have posted here about them.

ajbgames - I bought a BUNCH of single auctions after getting confirmation she combined shipping.   In the end, I paid $60+ for about $30 worth in shipping.  Old boxes were used and the only packing materials were the zip lock baggies the ponies were in.

klicic1986 - International seller. I bought a handful of single pony items and was given a discounted combined shipping rate of 20GBP. I figured the high cost was for it being sent insured or registered, but no.  The items arrived dirty, loose in in one of those thin plastic mailer baggies with a postage stamp of 6.50GBP. 

Both sellers defended their overcharging and were extremely difficult to work out a solution.

Leaving a low rating and reporting excessive shipping charges to ebay sounds good, but I have a hard time doing that before letting the seller know I have an issue with them.  But it's been my experience, no matter how nice you are about it, they will probably get defensive. Just a warning.

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »
So eBay decided in the seller's favor, no surprise there. I'm still hesitant to leave feedback because she hasn't left my second feedback. I will file a report on the shipping overcharge though.

I'm going to update the thread title to include her username as well so people are aware from a glance who I'm talking about.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Overcharger eBay User aaa41583
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
Sellers cant leave buyers negative feedback, so you're fine.

What irks me as a seller is that follow the rules and yet I'm charged fees on shipping! and the wakos get away with profiting from it. I usually charge $3.00 for an adult and $2.50 for a baby, yet someone actually left me a 1 star for shipping costs so I'm just switching all my auctions over to free shipping.

My best advice is leave negative feedback and ding her stars. When she finds out she cant sell anymore because of low ratings, maybe she'll get it.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
I would leave honest feedback at this point.  :huh:   

Also she can not leave a false positive on your account, ebay will remove it at your request if she does.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 04:21:33 AM »
Sorry they didnt find in your favor *sigh* :(  its not fair that she got away with this. Thanks for updating the title of the thread as well :bigups:

My best advice is leave negative feedback and ding her stars. When she finds out she cant sell anymore because of low ratings, maybe she'll get it.

This is what I would advise too. ^^

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and leave the negative feedback, but I'm trying to figure out how to fit everything I want to say in the space allotted. It's difficult! Edit: I just complained about the shipping overcharge and not the poor communication, I figured the star rating I left would say enough about that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:20:30 AM by babystarz »

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
I'm glad you stuck to your guns babystars. As a collector, with the overcharge she should seriously know better to use (some of) the excess money to pad your ponies. over $160 worth- it makes me cringe! If I was paying that invoice, I would have assumed they had protection in that box. I'm glad to see you're reporting the overcharge.

ashlyne, I have found the opposite since the stars were introduced. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada and before us international peoples tended to get overcharged more before? I know some places that additional fees not seen on the postal sticker are applied to that shipping purchase. (mailing within Canada there is tax applied after).

Anyway, before I had complained a couple times about shipping. If it's a few dollars I didn't care. I did care if there was no padding, or otherwise packed in a way that should have caused damage. when it was $20 and I was charged $40 (and sometimes on top of it they counted that $40 towards the customs declaration so I was paying 15% on that converted too). I would complain. and get nothing from it.

Now a few times I had had an issue with being overcharged, so I'd write and ask what's up. something like "Hi, I getting ready to leave you some feedback and I notice I was charged $15 on my invoice for shipping, the label on the package said $7.88 I did notice you used a sturdy box, and packing materials inside. I don't mind the additional to cover that, and didn't want to leave any ratings yet if this wasn't intentional, or there were additional charges from the post office the label doesn't reflect. Other then that, everything was perfect. Awaiting your response. :)" and normally, before a response I'd get a partial. and then a response with something like it's easier for them to overcharge and refund after, which they forgot to do before hand for me, then make an error that favors the buyer and eat the difference in shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal