collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair Stylin'!  (Read 773 times)

Offline lilgryphon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldlydogs.com
Hair Stylin'!
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »
So I am a tom boy. Hair straight or pony tail only, thank you. So aside from very simple tastes I am at a loss on how to style ponies. I actually prefer them that way, but it'd be nice to see if I could do something 'more' with some ponies. Any tips or hints you guys could share with me would be awesome! I'm particularly interested in more 'up' styles with pins/clips.

Thanks!
www.worldlydogs.com ~ Deviant Art~Short Stories
There comes a time when a man must stand for what he believes in, consequence be damned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Hair Stylin'!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »
Curly! Wet the pony hair, wash and then dab with a towel, take small straws cut to lengths and take sections and one at a time wrap the hair around the straws, pin each in place with bobby pins, do the same with tails (This does take a lot of practise) and when dry release and there should be beautiful curls! Sometimes it goes perfectly and sometimes it doesn't work, it just takes practise :D xxx

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »
I tend to curl their hair with straws :) That is about all I know how to do when it comes to styling ponies!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »
I just curl the mane around the neck/leg and the tail around the back leg. For G4s, I may style some of their mane on one side, the rest on another, but I never cut, and rarely style in another way. I'm too paranoid. D:
Well, that's a lie, a style a custom G4 Firefly with a cut, and am trying to style a custom G4 OC with Scootaloo's mane. The back is easy, the front...not so much.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal