collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Tell People About Your MLP Collecting Or Do You Hide It?  (Read 11386 times)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Tell People About Your MLP Collecting Or Do You Hide It?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 04:56:07 AM »
i tell anyone who gives me an opening to lol. at toys r us i grabbed the blind bag box and ran to the register to ask if they had more in the back and the lady goes "oh do you have a birthday party you're doing?" i said "no i'm a collector" and she goes "oh..." and went silent. but the other lady at the other register when i went to check out, she said "all of them?" and i said "yes, and i want the box too please" and i kept going on about how i've been waiting for them for so long and that i had to have them all and i planned on opening them all XD and she said "well that's good, because that means we sold them" they surely couldn't of been there for too long!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »
LOL I so pulled that maneuver the other day at Walmart when I grabbed the last 4 blind bags they had. The cashier didn't even realize they still sold MLP at all. She got all nostalgic about when her daughters played with them and seemed pretty excited for me that I got my ponies I was after.  :biggrin:
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »
I tend to keep my love for ponies to myself. I'll talk about my collection with other pony lovers, or if the subject of ponies gets brought up in a conversation.  I display my ponies in the living room right bellow my boyfriends Star Wars action figures. I also have my anime figures displayed in the next shelf.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
No one ever asks, so I have no reason to bring it up. I've had younger cashiers at Walmart be like "Oh cute! I love [insert pony here]! She was great in the new episode." etc etc.
That's about it. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Loud and proud here!  I don't go around getting all up in stranger's faces shouting, "OMG I COLLECT PONEHS!! WHY DON'T YOU?!" :D  If they subject comes up, I'll mention it, and usually pull out one of my business cards I made for my customs and hand it over to them. :)  I do have pony shirts that I love to wear, and a MLP charm bracelet that I'm hardly ever without. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »
LOL, I was at my boyfriends parents for a birthday party and his siter used to have a few. Not sure how the topic of childhood toys came up but as soon as I heard the words My Little Pony I was tuned in and jabbering about my past and now present obsession with them lol. My boyfriend was silently shaking his head :)

Violet777

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
Another loud and proud here!

I never felt embarrassed about my collection. I don't go around telling every single person but I also don't wait till a pony/toy related subject comes up. Like if I'm excited for some reason about a new pony release, or about finding something for a swap partner, I'll mention it the same way I'd mention other things I'm happy about in conversation.

There's very few people that are ready to make fun of it, but I was always very assertive and always acted very naturally about the subject. If someone wants to make weird faces or unpleasant comments because I have a hobby they're clearly the ones with problems, not me.

But most people think it's a fun unusual thing to like and most of the time people get me ponies or let me know when they find new pony stuff, so it ends up being a positive thing to let others know.

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:15 AM »
I am pony Proud (but my ponies are out of sight right now due to there room being cluttered).

jojodeen

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 01:32:31 AM »
If someone asks about my hobbies I'm happy to tell them I collect ponies. :)
People's hobbies are what make them interesting and I'm personally always really curious about other people's more exotic hobbies so I'm pretty sure there are others who'd love to hear about mine. I collect other toys and figures as well so I usually just say I'm a toy collector in conversation and if someone wants to know more, I'll tell in greater detail and that's when ponies come up as well.

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:47 AM »
My brother is a brony, so I can talk to him about the G4 show ponies, and I've got one friend who has a lot of the old G1 ponies and likes to talk about them, and one more friend who buys them for her daughter... but I feel like I'm the only one interested in the new ponies for their own sake.

Um, I tend not to be too vocal about it... I even get funny looks from my friends who LIKE mlp, because I know all the names, and the generations, and because I have a table full of every single G4 release that's been in my area.  :( 

When I finally scored on a full box of blind bags and went to the register with my 10 desired bags in hand, the sweet old lady at the register asked me if they were for easter baskets, and when I said no, I'm a collector, she looked at me like I was some kind of freak... I hastily ammended that I thought it was an excellent idea for easter baskets and that I would get more for that purpose.

Oh, and they ALL think I'm a psycho for ripping off my extra Lily Blossom's head (for customizing).

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 06:02:23 AM »
It's not a topic that comes up in conversation often, so no I don't tend to tell people about it. I don't try to hide it but I don't see why cashiers etc would care why I'm buying ponies? If one asked I would probably say, but It's not happend yet.

Of course I speak to friends and family about it and my collection is on display in the front room so I wouldn't say I'm in the closet.

Actually I've been on the lookout for some neat pins or accessories to wear to discreetly show my pony-ness, but I haven't really come across much that appeals to me. Might just order my own buttons from one of those online places.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal