collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greek Ladybird with the wrong head! ~ resolved!  (Read 5510 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Greek Ladybird with the wrong head! ~ resolved!
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:37:04 AM »
Have you seen this thread in the Nirvana forum?  http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,289104.0.html

Well I'm the idiot who bought her! I didn't see the thread til today and I didn't notice anything wrong with the pony (aside from the marks and symbol-fade which I was ok with) but it's so obvious now that I've seen that thread!

I'm absolutely kicking myself! I only paid yesterday though and the seller hasn't marked her as despatched or provided any tracking info. It's a shop as well so it might not even be open at the weekend so fingers crossed they haven't done anything with her yet.

I've emailed the seller and politely told them what's going on and that I would like my money back.

I just needed to tell someone here, I'm so upset. Joe was going to buy her for me for my birthday, she's my grail, and now I've found this out. I'm gutted. And so stupid!

I know what I need to do, await the seller's response and take it from there re potential claims with paypal, I just needed support in the form of hugs and good luck please if you don't mind. :(

Sarah xx
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:50:20 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Ladybird with the wrong head!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:01:40 AM »
*sigh*  I am sorry. :hug:   Has it been actually confirmed it is the wrong head?

I know nothing about Greek's except I worked for one for 10 years.  :P

I took a peek at his store and feedback and it doesn't look like he deals in ponies much just old toys so he may not have known.  I do hope he gets back to you and you can work it out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
That's what I thought ponylady, that he doesn't know, because he deals with Greek collectables in general rather than ponies.

It's the general concensus in the Nirvana forum that it's the wrong head and it looks pretty obvious now it's been pointed out.

I've calmed down a lot since I posted and will just deal with it one step at a time. I'm still awaiting a response but it hasn't been long since I emailed and as it's a shop they might not even do business today so I shall wait til Monday and act further then if I've had no reply.

Thanks for the hug, much needed! lol xx

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:40:19 AM »
I hope that this works out for you - how terrible that you feel misled about the auction!  :(  I hope that the seller didn't realize that a different head had been put on the pony - if they have already sent it, you could probably argue for a partial refund.  Sadly I think the Greek sellers do far more research than we give them credit for while they are selling "Collectible Toys".  But think positively...  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
Don't feel like an idiot :hug: You are NOT!
To speak for myself, i would have never seen it if it wasn't pointed out. That's not stupid. It wasn't that obvious if you ask me, so it could happen to a lot more people.
Besides, who'd expect a different head on a pony?!

I think a was too quickly with my response in the other thread about this. I'm sure the seller did not known, as he's not specifically into ponies. He might have found it like this at a fleamarket or whatever.

Hope it gets all worked out! And don't judge yourself so harsh ;)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Thank you for the kind words and support. He has already sent her but has said if I'm not happy when she arrives that we will work it out. He's very nice and seems genuine. He says she was this way when he found her with some other ponies and I do believe him. I'll keep you posted but for now I'm just waiting for her to arrive. You never know I might just fall in love with her when I see her but she's my grail... I kinda feel like I won't be happy that the pony I always wanted the most is only half the actual pony!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
I honestly still can't tell the difference, even after having it "pointed out", so you definitely aren't an idiot. xD I sure hope everything gets worked out!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »
*huggles*  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Aww hun! I understand why you are disappointed, but it really doesnt look so bad, and it wasnt that easy to spot either. Thankfully the seller seems willing to work things out with you, and maybe  if you decide you like her when she arrives, you could get a partial refund instead of returning her? :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 02:26:01 AM »
Awww sweetie I'm so sorry! And you are NOT an idiot! I had no idea either! I hope you and the seller can work something out! xxx

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:58 AM »
(also posted in Nirvana)

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions, I love the people here, you're all fab!! :) :hug: :lovey:

I'm so relieved he's willing to work things out with me and I will take a look at her and then decide what to do :)

Thank you again

Love, Sarah xxxxx

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:31 AM »
Aww, Hun!! :hug: What a dilemma! I did happen to see the thread in Nirvana, and I honestly meant what I posted; I'd still have her, personally. I collect Nirvana and had to really look for the differences between the two pictures that were provided by Yum-Yum.  (And other than the head tilt I still don't see any major difference! :P ) So, you certainly shouldn't feel bad about bidding!! :hug:

I'm happy to hear that your seller is going to work with you! Do keep us posted on the situation. Knowing that her head could be swapped, but that she could also be one of those factory-made odd-balls, I'm personally very curious to know more about this pony.

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »
I never though of that Cherry! If her head is glued factory-style that would actually be pretty cool! I will certainly keep you all posted xx

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
Good luck!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
I never though of that Cherry! If her head is glued factory-style that would actually be pretty cool! I will certainly keep you all posted xx

As far as I know, the Greek ponies did not have their heads glued on at the factory(at least none of mine have glued heads although they are original ),  but it is still possible that she is an odd-ball, so dont be disappointed if the head isnt glued  ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 05:12:35 AM »
Well she's definitely had a head-swap! It's blatently obvious now she's here. I've emailed the seller to see if he would accept $150 for her but even then I'm still leaning more towards returning for a full refund. I'll let you know what he comes back with xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal