collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Significant other and ponies  (Read 9732 times)

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
Re: Significant other and ponies
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
My husband is wonderfully supportive. When we started dating I was into collecting G3 ponies, and he used to keep an eye out for them in his area. Any gift-giving occasion was an excuse for him to find more ponies. When Sweetsong and Cupcake were miserably hard to find he scoured several stores in his area until he found them, and they were my Christmas present that year. ♥ He's never minded me having my collection of ponies on display, never chided me for buying ponies, and is always willing to help track down a pony that's evading me. We watch the show and the DVDs together; he likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic but isn't even opposed to Twinkle Wish Adventure--which is really lacking in quality. At stores, he's just as good at spotting ponies as I am. Sometimes he's called my attention to ponies not in the pony aisle and we've found things I would have otherwise overlooked. He'll pay for ponies on a whim (usually we individually fund our own hobbies) and surprise me right at the checkout; this happened just the other day. ♥ He's also always willing to go find a basket if we hit a pony jackpot that wasn't expected and there are too many to carry easily. He even has a few ponies of his own--Minty is his favourite, so he has a few Minty ponies and a few figures of Minty. He keeps asking me about the G4 Minty and whether or not she's been released. I really have so much fun being able to share my hobby with him. ♥ He's really great.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »
My husband goes with me when I buy ponies. Though to him a pony is just a pony. He has his anime collection and video games. So I think he knows how addicting collecting can be.Though he has to put up with me talking about ponies. I find him semi supportive.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »
My Guy is great with it.
He collects transformers himself and it was actually him encourageing me to bring my ponies out of the closet and display them proudly!

Since I was a child I always wished for ponies on every holiday and birthday but never got any, until I met George who even without knowing my love for them, gave me a G3 royal ribbon as a first gift ( because of an inside joke about me loving to put ribbons on things. )

So we both happily collect our hasbro toys and play together. It's pretty great  :lovey:

Post Merge: March 04, 2012, 09:05:50 AM

My mom thinks it is nosence or a phase that goes by. She tried to make me sell my ponies when I told her I got some expencive ponies in my collection. She also wanted to sell my Godzilla babies (aI said no and without asking she sold one anyway for 1€ (worth 40€)). I mad.

Aww no! That hurt my heart >_<
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:05:50 AM by Sukeile »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 09:08:24 AM »
My husband claims not to like them at all, but then whenever we go to Target or Walmart (and even TRU), he goes straight for the aisle they are on. 

Ooh!  Last night, we were at Walmart actually, and I didn't say anything about even wanting to go down that aisle, I wasn't even planning on it, and he just headed there himself.  I thought it was funny.  But I also collected long before we even met so the first time he came over he saw mountains of them :)

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
Seems to be an even divide between "likes the ponies" and "indifferent to".

I told my bf today that if he ever wanted to get me a gift but didn't know what to get me (I don't "want" for anything while he needs to be told what to buy!) I suggested he should buy me ponies. . . he said no chance, though I think that was him playing mean :P

He hates my ponies so much he cleared off a shelf of his bookcase in the study so that they had somewhere to live :P

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
My Boyfriend was kind of weirded out at first, but now he thinks my pony love is adorable. He's even trained himself to look for ponies for me. And later today he's taking me pony hunting! Very best boyfriend I've ever had!

Offline Aret-dragonrider

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
My boyfriend actually made a Warhammer army list for my ponies. He spent many breaks at work looking up the history of MLP for the codex, so now he knows a lot more than he likes to admit. He can already correctly name some of them, knows which generations are which, and which are males...having so many of them stare at him sometimes terrifies him, but I think deep down he likes them!

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
My fiance loves FiM as much as me so we go pony hunting together ^^ my mom likes looking through thrift stores for them, but that's about it.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
I think my husband resents them to some degree, but he respects the fact that I collect them and knows that if he ruins them, he dies. LOL

He knows who the "mane 6" are from the current show, and can name some of my other ponies, but it's only because I talk about them so much.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:57 AM »
here is my hubby being a dork with my sparkleworks plushie:

jojodeen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
These have been interesting to read! :)

My boyfriend accepts my ponies and is happy about me being so into something. He doesn't quite understand why I like collecting them because they all look the same apart from being coloured differently but also knows it's not his place to judge what I like and is still happy to go pony hunting with me (even when it rains.) Haha. :D He also watched the FiM season 1 with me and found it fun. (: So a positive attitude towards my pony hobby.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal