collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Significant other and ponies  (Read 9750 times)

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Significant other and ponies
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:12:50 AM »
Hello :D

What do your partners think about ponies? Do they ever say anything that surprises you?

My boyfriend is terrified of my ponies and if forced to handle them does so as if they were toxic! XD

But he does things sometimes that surprise me, such as when we went to a thrift store to look for ponies and he says, "There is a pony here but it isn't the generation you collect" (gen 1). I was so surprised that he took that much notice =P

And then this morning when my breakfast was ready he said, "Up, Dash." to me. I was confused and at which point he smiled and pointed at my t-shirt and said "Dash".
I then realised I was wearing my RainbowDash shirt XD

Anyone else have fun stories? :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Significant other and ponies
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »
My mum refuses to let me pay out lots for them, but helps me hunt at car boots :D xxx

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:34 AM »
My boyfriend is indifferent to my ponies. At first he was a little confused but he just let's me get on with it.
He doesn't like the G3's though "They have scary eyes" :p
Good job I'm selling them on then.

I made him a pony to go with my ponysona and he hugged it like a small child and stole him from my collection. He sits on his pc desk now. The seeds have been sown, he will be a pony fan soon!
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »
My hubby is really supportive, he even went to the Ponycon with me a couple of years ago (which was excellent btw, but I couldn't go last year as baby was due). He has even bought me stuff or encouraged me to buy stuff on more than one occasion.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:24:37 AM »
Mine is very supportive!  If he is at a thrift store, he always checks for MLP.  :)  He tolerates that they have taken over most rooms in the house,and  puts up with them when dozens fill the bathroom and shower at a time.  He sort of understands the restoration and cleaning which fascinate him.  He even has a few ponies by proxy - I said he needed to claim a few so my collection wasn't as big.  ;)  So he "owns" a couple now too. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
My husband is a brony who got me into ponies in the first place.  He really doesn't like the toys very much but he has claimed a blind bag Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle for his desk.  He's expressed that he's just jealous that I have such a fun and easy thing to collect ;)

emera_lazzaly

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
My husband is supportive as long as I'm not going crazy and spending large amounts of money at a time. He bought me Cheerilee and Dewdrop Dazzle for Valentine's day. He is always willing to go with me to the flea markets or stores to look for ponies. When I bought Rainbow Dash he said, "why are you getting that one, I thought you didn't like her" and I was floored that he remembered her name!

ZettaMomo

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »
My boyfriend is pretty supportive. He likes to watch FiM with me and will help me take care of my collection if I need some help. He has bought a few ponies for my collection. He also helps me out when I go shopping to the second hand stores to look for some good ponies. He usually doesn't care if I buy myself a few ponies here and there, but sometimes he will say something if he thinks I might be spending a little too much. XD
He has a small collection of a few customs I have made him and an extra McDonald's Rainbow Dash I had. :P

aerie_star

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 08:43:55 AM »
My bf likes FiM, and deals with my collection. He has yet to complain about the G1s that are living in the kitchen right now. He'll also buy them for me on occasion. ^^ But I don't have any special stories.

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
Teehee. I met my boyfriend cause he liked my pony art. When he came over from the UK he bought me tons of bates so I would teach him to make a vinyl scratch custom. Heck I had to drag him out of hot topic so he wouldn't spend all his money on pony shirts and whatnot!

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »
My husband claims that he "hates" them, and sighs when he walks in the room and sees ponies EVERYWHERE. Like "Look at this display! Look at it!" But it's in good humor.

He teases me about it.  Then I chase him with ponies. :D It's pretty funny! :D

Generally, he's supportive of it, as long as I don't do anything too silly.

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
My boyfriend is the one who got me into watching FiM about a year ago. In the Fall, when I finally broke down and started buying the G4 toys, he was the one who bought me a good portion of them as birthday/Christmas gifts. He lives in Michigan and I'm home in Canada right now in the middle of nowhere, so I don't have a way to just go out and buy the ponies that I want for my collection. My boyfriend asks me which ones I'm looking for and keeps an eye out for them whenever he goes out (though he won't send them to me, he says "Nope, you're not getting them until you come back with me.")

He makes fun of the fact that I turned into a pony toy fanatic practically overnight, and while he has no problem with me collecting them, he'll let me know if he thinks I'm spending too much.

My younger brother (who is 20) will come into my room to play my Xbox 360 and comment how the ponies are watching him

This shelf sits about a foot from the ceiling and goes around two walls of my room. The ponies are always looking down at everything  XD

He also says I have "pony fever" whenever I talk about wanting to buy one
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:04:56 AM by Okiedokieloki »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »
My husband is very supportive of me collecting G4s and comes with me to go pony hunting. He will often remember which ones I am looking for. I'm kind of surprised at how much he absorbs about my hobbies. I'm not nearly as good at remembering the finer points of his.
I did ask his opinion on some older gen ponies before as I was considering maybe getting a few and he said he didn't like the way they look.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
My mom thinks ponies are ridiculous and never understood why I liked them, until I explained how great I feel after I restore a pony that been doomed with the label of "poor condition" or "bait". They can always be restored and made beautiful again!!
My boyfriend finds G1s creepy but doesn't mind me collecting. He thinks the G4s are cute, but look nothing like the show. Though for some reason he really seems to like Dewdrop Dazzle and my G3 Port-o-Bella. :) He even took us on a 2 hour spree around town going to every single CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens to look for a fashion style AJ and thought it was cute when I found a Rite Aid that was selling G3s! Got myself a Sunny Daze 25th anniversary and a Dress me up Toola Roola and squeaked and flailed like a little kid. I think he just likes that ponies make me smile, so that's why he doesn't mind them drowning the room. :lovey:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
Well, my boyfriend doesn't really care about ponies at all, but he understands that I love them and want to collect them. He just doesn't want me spending ridiculous amounts of money in them, but he's okay otherwise. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal