collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's pony flaw annoys you the most?  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: What's pony flaw annoys you the most?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
The mismatched bodies and heads of the G4s. Holy crap that is annoying. I have many mismatched ponies. Hasbros quality control is so awful.

Argh! This is my pet peeve for G4's just about all of mine have a head mismatched body it drives me nuts.
THIS THIS! It wouldn't be so bad if it was only on a few but it's on ALL of them. Some are worse than others, but they still ALL mismatch. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »
Mane cuts :banghead:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
I'm a no pony left behind person, although plastic breakdown annoys me. I can't wait for some of my sticky ponies to turn rock solid. Head and body mismatch on a G1 is annoying too. The biggest things that make me not want to pay for a pony are if somebody rehaired them or if somebody glued the head back on once they got it apart. Why would you do that?!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
Hmmmm... if I want the pony badly enough, I'll accept it with any flaws. 

Oh if I find a pony at the markets or thrift store and it's a G1 I'll take it no matter what.

If it's a thrift store g1 find, I'll always take it - it's so hard to find g1 ponies at the thrift store  :)

Otherwise, my biggest pet peeves are: missing limbs, chew marks and major marks/sharpie, especially on the symbol.  Cancer makes me sad because it seems to often show up on ponies that would be so perfectly mint without it.  I can deal with mold and discoloration.  Haircuts and smaller marks and tail rust don't bother me as much.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »
... Wait you're telling me cancer and mold is contagious with ponies???

Mold is, as it's living.

I don't think that cancer is contagious, though. There are mixed opinions on it.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »
Cancer and permanent stains are mine. Mold... you can do things to kill it and prevent it's spread at least.  All other problems can usually be fixed.

I have this pony with such great paint on her face. Her symbol is rubbed but easy to repaint. But her body is stained. I tried to sunfade it out, and her purple body started growing blue splotches. Probably from plastics being melted and combined to create the new pony. Beyond that she has chartreuse hair bleeding around her tailhole and hairline. She's just begging me not to bait her, to rehair her and give her love, but... IDK what to do. ;_; XD  Maybe I'll mix up some matching paint and airbrush her body once I get one.

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Misprinted eyes are my biggest pet peeve. I can't look ponies with misprinted eyes in the face! XD

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »
Cancer, permanent ink stains, and regrind. things that are incurable. Since I live in a place that doesn't get a lot of sun its hard to sun-fade inks stains out. :/

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »
I dislike:
Bent legs on G1s, so bent and twisted, they can't stand right. I can't fix it well either, amd I have soooo many ponies with this. It's so annoying. D:
Frizzy hair, mostly cause I'm too impatient to deal with fixing it. I have so many G1s with frizzy tail tips that I just curl around their legs while styling to hope they don't look bad.
G4s with hair problems. My Fun at the Fair Apple Bloom has a shorter than average tail, it's not too bothersome, but considering the school pals AB has a bent leg and darker hair, when I get her, I can't just replace my old one, or even just the tail. I got her online, so I couldn't check. (My short, I mean, it barely goes past her leg when Sweetie Belle's from the same set, is nearly twice as long.)

Edit:

I'm a no pony left behind person, although plastic breakdown annoys me. I can't wait for some of my sticky ponies to turn rock solid. Head and body mismatch on a G1 is annoying too. The biggest things that make me not want to pay for a pony are if somebody rehaired them or if somebody glued the head back on once they got it apart. Why would you do that?!
This too. I have a Tuneful who's plastic broke down (it was like that before I bought her) so much, that she turned rock solid, her blue is darker than average and has a weird pattern to it that looks like soap. Her hair is kinda frizzy, but not bad. I can't complain too much though, she was very cheap, and her ebay photo was small and blurry. :P That, and I still like her. My Pretty beat is almost rock solid and 'soapy' too. Must be a problem with Rockin' beats ponies. I kinda want the other 2 all solid and soapy too now. Heheheh.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:02:07 AM by Starly »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:03 AM »

This poor girl has it all pindot - fading and discoloration... Hate it all!

And of course Regrind...

Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal