collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 "Prototype" Markings?  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
G4 "Prototype" Markings?
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
Since I don't own any, I'm curious.

On the G4 prototypes, from places like taobao, all sizes (baby, styling and regular) what kind of markings do they have on their feet (if any)? How do they compare to the stock/released G4 ponies? Does anyone have photographs?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:49:48 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Markings on "Prototype" G4s
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
I am not sure what ponies your talking about.  Do you mean the unreleased ponies people are getting from the Chinese Taobao site?

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Markings on "Prototype" G4s
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »
Yes, I mean the ponies from tao bao like the white celestia in your avatar. :-)
~Foxtale~

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: G4 "Prototype" Markings?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's the prototype version of Diamond Rose who has her cutie mark on the opposite side of the officially released one. She has normal numbers and everything. :)
The prototype on the right only has the normal markings without the numbers.
The only thing I've noticed that these have that my normal G4s don't have is "Hasbro SA" on their front bottom hoof.

...Actually some of my G4s do have it, but not all of them. My G4 mane 6 with bangs don't have that at all, though. Huh..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:33:03 PM by Flitter »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »
The "prototype ponies" are the same as the regular ponies.  Some do have a number on their hoof, and others don't. The only difference is that a higher proportion of the prototype ponies do not have a number on their foot than with the regular releases of the other ponies.

Also, their hooves look exactly the same as the regular ponies.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »
The unipeg Flutterheart has a number on the bottom of one of her front hooves, but I don't remember a "Hasbro." or date. It is a black printed number. I don't have photographs, since she is back home right now and I am not. XD Sorry!!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
I will compare my girl (actually she is 'Princess Rarity' not Celestia) ;) to my styling Fluttershy when I get home later.    The markings looked pretty normal to me, but I will do a comparison to be sure!

Offline Bunny-san

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »
Um. Regarding thesse "prototype ponies" from Taobao...Has there been any word from Hasbro regarding their legitimacy? Also, assuming that they're legitimate, that means thta they're from Hasbro's factories. Which means that people are taking them from the factories without permission from Hasbro, since obviously Hasbro doesn't make it a habit of releasing their prototypes to the public...SO, following this reasoning, does this mean that the Taobao ponies are technically stolen property from Hasbro factories? :(  This is one reason I've never bought them because I've always wondered WHERE people were getting these "prototypes" from..

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Um. Regarding thesse "prototype ponies" from Taobao...Has there been any word from Hasbro regarding their legitimacy? Also, assuming that they're legitimate, that means thta they're from Hasbro's factories. Which means that people are taking them from the factories without permission from Hasbro, since obviously Hasbro doesn't make it a habit of releasing their prototypes to the public...

I wonder the same thing too. That is part of the reason I want know what the markings on their hooves are. I want to know if they are coming from an fakie factory or if they are indeed from the Hasbro factory,. If the symbols and copy right information were blocked out that might also help give us clues. But seeing as most people are saying that the markings are the same it seems likely they were samples or tests that were created and just being sold on the secondary market.

They are most likely not supposed to be taken from factories... but direct fakies are not supposed to be created of ponies either. >.<
~Foxtale~

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »
I have Fashion Style earthie Rainbow Dash. The bottom of her hooves are as follows:

Right front: a peg hole and the letters "C-029A" (also the numbers "12101" in tiny black ink)
Left front: the G4 MLP logo
Right back: (c) 2010 Hasbro
Left back: "Made in China" and the number "12"
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
I will compare my girl (actually she is 'Princess Rarity' not Celestia) ;) to my styling Fluttershy when I get home later.    The markings looked pretty normal to me, but I will do a comparison to be sure!

I checked my Fluttershy and 'Princess Rarity' and they have the exact same hoof markings.  Aside from the printed number on one hoof (they have different printed numbers) the molded hoof markings are identical.  <3

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Um. Regarding thesse "prototype ponies" from Taobao...Has there been any word from Hasbro regarding their legitimacy? Also, assuming that they're legitimate, that means thta they're from Hasbro's factories. Which means that people are taking them from the factories without permission from Hasbro, since obviously Hasbro doesn't make it a habit of releasing their prototypes to the public...

I wonder the same thing too. That is part of the reason I want know what the markings on their hooves are. I want to know if they are coming from an fakie factory or if they are indeed from the Hasbro factory,. If the symbols and copy right information were blocked out that might also help give us clues. But seeing as most people are saying that the markings are the same it seems likely they were samples or tests that were created and just being sold on the secondary market.

They are most likely not supposed to be taken from factories... but direct fakies are not supposed to be created of ponies either. >.<

Foxtale and others, I think most of the pony parts are genuine.

Bodies and Heads: I have no doubts in my mind that the ponys' heads and bodies are genuine, Hasbro pony parts. I can see no visible differences between the bodies of these "prototype ponies" and the official ones, so my bet is that they were created from Hasbro's molds.

Eyes and Cutie Marks: Again, these are identical to existing ponies and are likely genuine.

Hair:  I am not convinced all of the hair is genuine from the factory hair, especially some of the tails. They use some colours that I have not seen on G4's yet, although they might be colours on future ponies. So, the jury is out on that feature.

Overall, I believe that some of these are genuine reject ponies, or ponies from test runs that weren't meant for release. Some of the ponies I think, were created from spare parts, but outside the factory. It's possible someone got ahold of a few boxes of tails, bodies, heads and hair, and decided to be creative and make a few bucks from assembling the spare parts.

So yeah, my verdict is ... mostly real, although a few probably had their final assembly outside of the factory.

I would be interested if Hasbro has anything to say about them, though. They are intriguing.

Offline StarDragon

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
I don't think they are real ponies. To me, real ponies are the ones found in the stores, and marketed towards the public. I'm sure that's what Hasbro would say... but I would be interested what they think about them- if they are OK with their factory producing these "fake" ponies or not. ((Sorry for being off topic!))

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Thanks for the help and insight every one. You have satisfied my curiosity. It will be helpful if I ever run into one in person ill know. :-)
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal