collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: anyone like the shows as well as the toys?  (Read 11479 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: anyone like the shows as well as the toys?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »
Yep.  I used to watch the TV series as a kid.  I remember watching MLP The Movie on TV and later MLP Tales and also MLP and Friends.  I watch FIM sometimes, because it reminds me of the early days when MLP was on TV.  I have two G4's, fashion style Rarity who I bought at the hasbro toy shop at the end of the MLP Fair in RI last year and Pinkie Pie who I got randomly as a goodie bag from hasbro or the fair staff, not sure who provided those.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
I don't think I watched MLP and Friends as a kid though I was definitely the target age range (I was a big Jem fan.)  I love 80's cartoons for the nostalgia factor alone, though and I d enjoy the tv show - Sonambula and the movie are some of my favorites.  I love the characters, especially Wind Whistler and Shady.  :)

I have never been able to get into MLP tales.  I've tried to watch a few episodes but, for whatever reason, they just don't hold my interest.

The g3 cartoons are okay and I like to watch A Very Minty Christmas every December.  I don't enjoy them as much as the g1 cartoons but that could be just because there's no nostalgia there for me.  I did miss the inclusion of real villains in the g3 cartoons though (and I missed there being boys and adults.)

I do enjoy the g4/FiM cartoons a little more than the toys, I think.  I like the story lines; I think the cartoons are well-written and there's good character development.  I have no opinion on the animation being used.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »
I like the shows as much as i like the ponies, I have ALL the mlp episodes/movies, from 1984-2010 on dvd:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
I love the original cartoon. I like the ponies, and I like Megan. (Hell, my favourite pony overall is a G1: Rosedust) I love Friendship is Magic too. I haven't properly watched the other stuff (nor do I have any of the toys), but Tales looks fun and G3 seems okay if super-sappy. G3.5 looks... off, visually. Something about the overall aesthetic bugs me, part of it's how they look more like the ants from A Bug's Life to me (so I wouldn't want the toys either). Storywise it also doesn't sound like much.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »
I love Rescue at Midnight Castle.  I'm afraid that I didn't get to watch the series as much as a child because we didn't have the correct channel.  I caught an episode once or twice at my grandparent's house and I'm absolutly certain I would have loved it if I had had the oppurtunity to watch it more.  I bought almost all the dvd's of the episodes when they were released but I find some parts cringe worthy as an adult without the glow of nostalgia to soften it.

I'm not a huge fan of "Tales."  I actually like my ponies to be more horse like and less "human."

From the G3 releases, I do like Minty's Christmas mostly because around my family I am known as the Christmas child.

I do really like FiM but like you I will probably never consider myself a "brony."  I have been a collector for a great many years and I actually still consider all the G3 stuff "new."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:38:12 PM by Sunset »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 06:31:04 AM »
"Woe is me" is my fav. G1 episode... Can honestly say I've not watched any other version...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 07:14:34 AM »
It's good to hear from you all, and to know I'm not alone. Even though I'm surrounded by a sea of Bronys at my university, when most of them find out that I'm a fan of th 'old cartoons' and not just FiM, I get a lot of flak for it. (I won't even mention what the girls say. ><)

As I said when I signed up here- when I first saw the show, I loved Firefly and her tomboyish attitude, I loved Wind Whistler and her spock-like logic, I loved Gusty and her bravery, and North Star and her whole 'explorer' thing. At age nine, I always envied Danny for getting to go to an enchanted land with talking ponies and a cool pet dragon, and help fight monsters like Tirek and the Lava Demon king Levan. The show was amazing, but I couldn't get anybody else to see that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
I also liked the show, not just the toys~ In fact, as a child I watched My Little Pony: the Movie far more than I actually played with the toys. (I had two ponies.) For the most part I missed out on the original 80s television series; it was off the air before I was old enough to really watch television. I watched the G3 cartoons when I started collecting G3, and I enjoyed them even though they were pretty bad. ♥ I'll watch all of those now, too--although I've never actually seen the G2 cartoon. I think they're all pretty cute~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal