collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Accessory Swap II -** ALL DONE!! :) **  (Read 24336 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Accessory Swap II -** ALL DONE!! :) **
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »

!! Welcome to the Accessory Swap 2012 !!

partypony566 and I had such a blast running this before that we thought another accessory focused swap was due! My first note is that partypony and I are running this together so please feel free to message one or the other of us about anything as we go!

So whether you are a die hard accessory fan or fancy just increasing your collection you can join in...

The Swap…
As the name suggests this swap is all about those little bits and pieces which “complete” your pony or playset…ACCESSORIES.
Pony accessories, playset accessories, backcards, merchandise and pony wear are all included in the mix – and they can of course be from any generation. The only thing missing on this swap? No ponies or at least only ponies as "extras"!
Its a simple 1 budget swap everyone needs to agree to a budget of $35.00 – this is to include everything in the parcel minus shipping of course.
We are allowing for a long shopping period on this simply due to the downright trickiness of finding some accessories – 6 weeks from end of sign up to domestic shipping deadline.
Accessories can be tricky to identify – if you are stuck – I recommend www.greatponies.com and Ivy’s wonderful www.ponylandtours.com for G1 accessory guidance [if anyone has equally good G1, G2, G3 or G4 pages as reference please post them here]. In addition if you are ever looking just for a bit of advise partypony566 and I are here to help...

So how do I join up?
If you want to take part, just pm partypony566 or I with the below personal details form…
Your full name
Your email address
Your postal/shipping address
A link to your feedback here or at the TP or other relevant pony site [we want pony community feedback only please, no ebay]

Feel free to include info on any items which you have to trade – that way we may be able to try and match up as close as we can [no promises but it may help you when fulfilling your partners swap]. As well as which generations accessories you prefer to collect.

The Rules…
You must provide a wantlist – as long as you wish – with at least 30 different accessories and pm it to partypony566 or myself before sign ups are complete.
Your wantlist can include, as mentioned above, pony wear, individual pony accessories, playset accessories, backcards and mechandise. Feel free to include loose descriptions of items as well if you are not strict on everything your receive – i.e. some of you may specifically be looking for “Powder’s crescent moon comb” while others may wish to include “any baby rattle” as part of their wants.
In order to participate in this swap you have to have been a member on the Arena for at least 9 months, have at least 500 posts and be able to provide partypony566 and I a link to positive selling/trading feedback [you really will require at least 10 positive feedbacks as a seller or trader not as a buyer]. We may consider exceptions if you fulfil most of these requirements and are perhaps only short in number or posts or duration of membership - you can always ask!
As per the Arena rules we would recommend you are not directly involved in any other swaps [i.e you are passed the shipping stage] at the moment or only one other at the most. Don’t disappoint anyone else who is taking the time to take part – it sounds strict but please only sign up if you have the time, patience and money to do so. If you have any problems please, please, please let partypony566 or I know about it straight away as we would rather know and deal with it than worry!
Obviously as per the type of swap your want list is focused on accessories – however these can be individual pony accessories, pony wear, backcards, pony playset accessories or even pony merchandise. Likewise we aren’t limiting to generation of course and as long as you clearly state which generation you are looking for please include anything from any year in your want list. However your partner may wish to include the odd pony as an "extra" so there is no harm in adding a selection of easier ponies to your wantlist...
Some people are really only looking for the very very hard to find and we would say that this swap is going to work best for you if you have a want list that covers the whole spectrum – please don’t make it completely impossible for your partner to track down anything from your list! However, you never know what someone may be willing to swap out of their own collection or be able to track down if they are in a different part of the world from you so please include even the more awkward items from your want list. Just don’t include anything which will not fall within the $35 limit – i.e no Sweet Scoops charm!
Each swap package must contain items from your partners want list – some accessories are hard to find and can be expensive – don’t be afraid to fulfil your partners swap with one major purchase if they have said on their want list that this could make their day [year!] if you can do so inside budget or simply lots of wonderful, and less expensive, accessory joy!
Your swap package should contain some extra special pressies – we are going to ask people to provide some basic info on likes and dislikes in this post [thanks to previous swap organisers for that brill idea] – so keep an eye out for your partners post and don’t be afraid to share or ask questions [just don’t ask questions directly to your parner…kinda gives the game away!]. We would suggest the spending limit on extras be around $5-$8 of the $35 total – the rest of the budget? ACCESSORIES of course!
As mentioned post and pack is not included in the budget. Please, please, please make sure to pack your items safely – accessories can be delicate and easily lost! Think pretty wrapping paper and how much more exciting the package is going to be if it is opened by your partner to a vision of tantalisingly wrapped parcels of pony goodness. Partypony566 and I need you to also ensure postage is as safe as possible and that you get proof of postage from which every postage method you use.
Shhhh...this is a secret swap – although you will know who your partner is please don’t contact them direct in regards the swap…why ruin a wonderful surprise. If you have any concerns please let partypony566 or me know!
You need to be willing to ship internationally [or at least within your continent].

The Schedule…
29th Feb to 8th Mar: Pm to sign up to partypony566 or hathorcat – want lists also need to be with us by the end of this period.
9th Mar to 11th Mar: You will get a message with the id of your partner and a list of the questions we need you to answer in order to make shopping for you a little easier for your partner – start keeping an eye out in this post for your partners answers to the personal questions [please note when posting the answers to your own questions feel free to include as much info as possible].
12th Mar to 8th Apr: Shopping [much excitement]
9th Apr: Worldwide shipping deadline [you can of course post out at any time prior to this]
13th Apr: Continental and domestic shipping deadline

1. partypony566 - shipped - received 
2. hathorcat1320 - shipped - received
3. FlyingPonyMonster - shipped - received  
4. ChipsteRJ - shipped - received 
5. ponylady - shipped - received
6. LadySatine - shipped
7. sparkleset80 - shipped - received
8. mercynova - shipped - received
9 Jemofirongate - shipped - received 
10. Wysteria  - shipped - received
11. Ivy - shipped - received

We will possibly add more places if there is enough interest.

Lets get to know one another - if you are signed up for the swap please complete these or add more details in this post!!!!!

Personal Questions

- Do you have any allergies?

- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes?

- What are your hobbies? Do you have pets? Do you collect anything else?

- What are your favourite colours?

- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you…

- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories

- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories?

Please add your own questions as we go...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:18:05 AM by partypony566 »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Accessory Swap II - Open to Sign Ups
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »
Sign me up!

Personal Questions

- Do you have any allergies? Latex (balloons)

- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes? Gummy candies and fruit snacks are my favorite (Refreshers, Laffytaffy, skittles, Twizzlers) etc...

- What are your hobbies?
Pony collecting (DUH!)

Do you have pets?
3 cats, 3 snails, 1 gold fish & 2 gerbils

Do you collect anything else?
Build A Bear, LLL, Lego, Star Wars

Green, Orange

- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories
I am quite picky, please no yellowing, chew marks, I like some elasticity to remain, but I do understand stretching, and bit I don't mind...

- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories?

Either one is fine, but mine are pretty HTF, so I DON'T expect much...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:43:41 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »
Cool! I'll sign up when I have a little bit more time :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »
Yay I'm signed up!!! Will submit all info next week upon my return from meeting Cuteybina3 :cheer: I am definitely interested and so very excited!!!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »
Just sent my form in. :)

I'm going to update this post with my answers all the way through the swap because then my partner can find them easily  :P

Personal Questions

-Do you have any allergies?
No, but I do not eat cheese, ever.

- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes?
Not a huge smelly stuff fan really. As far as sweets go, no chocolate and nothing sour. I love Haribo - at the moment they sell the eggs from Starmix individually and I am addicted - and as I state in every swap - Daffy Loves Mints.

- What are your hobbies? Do you have pets? Do you collect anything else?
I customise, so Dolly Hair Nylon is always welcome. I have two cats, Smudge and Archie. They get toy mice in every swap and it is becoming a must have. ;) I also have the Daffy (in my avatar) and as mentioned previously, he loves mints. 1st March is also his 20th birthday so you know, any excuse.

I also love books, so I can go into detail on that if my partner would like me to. Most of them can be picked up on Amazon cheaply; I don't mind second hand as long as they are readable.

I'm never quite sure so I always say the jewel tones. Dark purples, pinks, reds, greens and blues. Think expensive looking :p

- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you…
I do have a Pandora type bracelet. It's a cheapo one, but I would just love to get charms for it because nobody has bought me one yet despite dropping all kinds of hints at Christmas/my birthday. Don't have to be expensive - or even real silver because I don't wear it often - but I do want silver tone, no gold. Happy with any colours beyond that.   

Not picky at all. If it's a piece of ponywear, I don't mind some stitching or gluing but I'd like all pieces to be there so that I can fix them. Like my D&P earrings, some of those have broken so I just stuck the two halves back together with superglue.

I think that my list will mean quite a few little ones. I haven't written it yet. :p
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:58:42 PM by DaffyDilly »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
Thats a great idea DaffyDilly! If we edit out posts with answers when new ones are asked as the thread goes on...
Loa is my love god!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
We should not be on the 2nd page ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
Nope we should not!

I need to get my own info typed up!
Loa is my love god!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »
What are the best sites to use when creating an accessory want list?

I have an (why on earth is this itallic?!) idea of some of what I want, but it would be great to be able to browse somewhere too.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
I always think greatponies.com is dangerously addictive....if you scroll through just a few of the pages for princesses and brothers you will find so many wonderful things that you suddenly "need"!!!!

Loa is my love god!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
WOOT WOOT!!! Accesory addicts unite! haha :P

I am just literally falling asleep at the pc so I will type up my form tomorrow  :cool:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »
- Do you have any allergies? No

- What are your fragrance and candy/sweeties likes and dislikes? I like fruity scents and gummy candies. Fave candy is pb m&ms.

- What are your hobbies? Do you have pets? Do you collect anything else? I like to paint and customize. I also make purses. I have two cats, a dog and a guinea pig. I collect Harry Potter merch, owls and Fairytail birds.

- What are your favourite colours? Purple!

- Or anything else which you think will help your partner pick out some extras for you… I have a 9 month old baby boy. :)

- And of course can you clarify what flaws are acceptable to you? And not acceptable? [broken teeth on combs, missing paint on a Big Brother hat, fraying on a ribbon, chews etc??] Please specify how picky you are and if you prefer mintier than mint accessories.
I am not really picky with my accessories. Just no ribbon frays and nothing dirty, like stained pony wear.

- Would you be happy to have one or two expensive accessories or lots of little accessories? That is really up to my partner! If you want to go on the ultimate search to find my htfs, go for it! If not, I think I have included some fairly easy accessories for you to find. ;)

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »
Oh me! Oh me!  :cheer: I sent my PM to partypony566. I post the personal questions tomorrow!

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »
Arghhh! This so SO tempting to join as I love accessories but I really have too much on my plate at the moment and I don't think I should get into a swap which could require a lot of hunting. I really look forwards to seeing brags from this though to see what everyone gets!
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »
Spent 4 hours visiting EVERY page on Lady T's site and composing my want list (I should have been looking through my galleries to save my photos)... It is like a mile long (I also pasted it into my want list in my siggy- if you want a sneak peak)

No idea what a good site for foreign accessories is- I need so many Non- US things it is crazy!

We still have to wait another week? How will i ever manage the wait?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal