collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: needing some info  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: needing some info
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 04:47:06 AM »
my husband moved over here from england, and I would have never gotten it all done on the first try if not for this site: http://visajourney.com/

the forums are amazingly helpful.  you will find a bunch of jerks - so keep a thick skin, and don't let someone run you off the forums.  the people who aren't jerks are beyond helpful!  there is a ton of reference links and whatnot.  that site became my visa bible.

good luck!

Post Merge: March 03, 2012, 04:50:07 AM

3. Get married as a tourist and apply for adjustment of status.

that can be iffy.  the government doesn't like it when people pull that stunt.  you don't usually meet and marry someone in 6 months.  it can happen, but you have to have HARD evidence that you didn't lie to customs about your original intent.  they won't hesitate to kick your butt out and either ban you from the states or make you apply for a spousal visa.

you'd be better off trying a long stay with your girl - however long work will late you take off - see how you guys mesh - do a lot of skyping - and maybe apply for a K-1/fiance visa.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:00:53 AM by Buddafly »
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Zero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: needing some info
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 05:13:42 AM »
well we already do skype and I was out there to see her just a couple weeks a go. We looked into that kind of visa but the SSI said if she was to get married then she would loose her dissabilty benifts
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Dizzie
Even after the darkest of nights, morning always comes
Zero Ref
Trotting Icon and Pic made my Ellis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal