collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Soft Newborn Rainbow Dash G4?! EDIT: PC on G4 Fashion Style?  (Read 10434 times)

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
Re: So Soft Newborn Rainbow Dash G4?! EDIT: PC on G4 Fashion Style?
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:56 AM »
We saw her at TRU recently, and initially I liked her, but then I heard her voice and just gagged on the overly sweetness of it.
Man, I've gotta hear this for myself. I always wished for a sweeter, gentler G4 RD :P
Oh don't get me wrong, I've longed for a less shall we say obnoxious RD myself. But there's less obnoxious and then there's diabeetus inducing. Baby RD is Diabeetus inducing, and if you're looking at the toy as being "where the show RD" came from, I don't see RD EVER being that sweet, even as an infant. She was probably an obnoxious tomcolt from birth :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
But there's less obnoxious and then there's diabeetus inducing. Baby RD is Diabeetus inducing

If it is diabeetus inducing, I must hear this

Offline Bunny-san

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »
Oh lord, make sure you take your insulin.

Moonstorm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »
I looked up the prices in Belgium:
Regular size ponies: 12 dollar
Fashion style ponies: 25 dollar

so I get them about the same price if I buy them here than if I buy them online XD.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »
Gosh it's annoying how the RRP just gets flung out the window, I just know I'm gonna end up buying some then seeing them cheaper in the very next store lol
Some of the people in the thread are quoting American RRP ;)  Here it's a bit pricier

Even here it varies a lot though! Kmart has the cheapest prices, but it's because of demographic reasons. Kmarts tend to be located in low-income areas so people shopping at them simply don't have the same amount of expendable income that people in other areas have; Targets are more likely to be located in higher income areas and the suburbs, so they charge more for the same ponies. Of course there's some crossover, but they admit they are catering to different income brackets. The U.S. has a lot of class variation, more so than a lot of other countries because we do not have the same social safety nets that other developed countries have, like universal healthcare. And our minimum wage is nowhere near the minimum wage of countries I've visited in Europe, even adjusting for cost of living expenses.

Offline Bunny-san

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
WOW. Um, maybe that holds true for the rest of the USA, but here in the NOVA are, Kmart is actually one of the WORST places to buy ponies because they just don't stock them o.O At one point, G3 ponies were like, 7 or 8 bucks there. And I'm talking the singles. Nothing crazy special. Kmart here is just as upper income as every other store because everyone here is "upper income" (And I'm NOT trying to sound stuck up or anything, its just that incomes here are insane in comparison to the rest of the country :( ) You can make 80K and struggle to live in a 2 BR apartment. No joke. Also, since Sears and Kmart became one company, they're REALLY trying to "boost their image" to try and look more up-scale. Which is kind of funny, because (at least around here) the Sears which used to LOOK upscale now are looking downscaled o.O; ANYWAY. And oddly G4's are the same here. More expensive than even Target. Target is pretty reasonable. And a nicer place to shop too. ^^; But I digress. I think like everything else in this area, the difference is just...a little weird fluke of weird caused by THIS WEIRD AREA....Anyone who lives around here knows what I mean ._.;

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
I have a sweet tooth problem :P

As for the G4FS, I recall they're somewhat expensive here in Malaysia- around RM54 or so.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
I actually saw the Rainbow Dash so-soft at Big W today! I'm in Brisbane - if you're after it, I saw it at Garden City (Mt Gravatt). I was on the hunt for new ponies (I keep hoping wave 4 will magically appear lol no) and the RD so-soft was about the only new thing around. Oh, they also had the train! Hadn't seen that before, it was cute!

OMG thank you thank you thank you!!! I just got back from Big W where I snatched up the last So Soft RD! Literally, last so soft even on the shelf, I couldn't help but squealing! I'm so happy, thanks for the tip on where to find her! :D

Also, this was the first my little pony product I've ever bought in store and being 19 (female at least) it was a weird feeling but I couldn't stop smiling! I only started collecting ponies a few months ago and I've already got at least a hundred, I dare not count them (I'm a fan of Lanard fakies tho so there's a lot of them too), it horrifies my family lol!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:52:45 PM by T.L.Squiggle »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »
I actually saw the Rainbow Dash so-soft at Big W today! I'm in Brisbane - if you're after it, I saw it at Garden City (Mt Gravatt). I was on the hunt for new ponies (I keep hoping wave 4 will magically appear lol no) and the RD so-soft was about the only new thing around. Oh, they also had the train! Hadn't seen that before, it was cute!

OMG thank you thank you thank you!!! I just got back from Big W where I snatched up the last So Soft RD! Literally, last so soft even on the shelf, I couldn't help but squealing! I'm so happy, thanks for the tip on where to find her! :D

Also, this was the first my little pony product I've ever bought in store and being 19 (female at least) it was a weird feeling but I couldn't stop smiling! I only started collecting ponies a few months ago and I've already got at least a hundred, I dare not count them (I'm a fan of Lanard fakies tho so there's a lot of them too), it horrifies my family lol!

I used to find it weird to purchase toys, would often buy other random crap to make out I wasn't just buying toys, now, I happily march up to the counters with armsfull of toys. You get used to it :P I ignore any strange looks, as far as they know, its some kid's birthday. I normally happily tell people they are for me if they ask, just depends on if I can be stuffed explaining "yes they are for me, yes I collect, yes its strange, and no I really don't care what you, a random stranger thinks about my personal habbits"

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:27 AM »

I used to find it weird to purchase toys, would often buy other random crap to make out I wasn't just buying toys, now, I happily march up to the counters with armsfull of toys. You get used to it :P I ignore any strange looks, as far as they know, its some kid's birthday. I normally happily tell people they are for me if they ask, just depends on if I can be stuffed explaining "yes they are for me, yes I collect, yes its strange, and no I really don't care what you, a random stranger thinks about my personal habbits"

Congrats on finding RD!

And in regards to buying ponies, I usually have my little sister with me so it isn't too bad, it also helps that I look young :P

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 06:02:12 AM »
I just meticulously deboxed, removed batteries, then reboxed RD... lol I know crazy, but I don't know if I'll want to display her in or out so I removed her batteries as a precaution as I don't want them eroding or leaking in the future, plus the whole dog murdering anything that makes a sound thing.

Yeah, stick a pony in my arms and I look a bit younger but I still can't pull it off lol. Worse is I actually had my mum with me, I was grinning like a loon and she was acting like she didn't know me... and being the kind daughter that I am I offered to carry her heavy items and thus she was left with the pony, rofl!
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

ijemanja

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »

Oh yay, I'm glad you found it!

Haha, I never care when I buy pony toys, to be honest. Although I'm old enough that people just assume I'm buying for a daughter or something. Once I was buying a bunch of blind bags, and the nice, elderly lady serving me said, "Oh, some lucky girl is going to be happy to get these."

And I smiled and said, "Yep, she definitely will be." And I was. :D

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »
LOL! ... on another note, blind bags? Are G4 blind bags released in Australia? If so, I really need to find a better source of information about releases :P
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

ijemanja

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
LOL! ... on another note, blind bags? Are G4 blind bags released in Australia? If so, I really need to find a better source of information about releases :P

We got wave 1 last year - and they sold out quickly. They turned up in TRU and David Jones, not sure if they were ever sold anywhere else; they were the only places I saw them. No idea when or if we will be getting wave 2.

I've had all my info on which products are available down here just by keeping an eye on the arena since I signed up. People tend to post when they spot something new.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:41 PM »

We got wave 1 last year - and they sold out quickly. They turned up in TRU and David Jones, not sure if they were ever sold anywhere else; they were the only places I saw them. No idea when or if we will be getting wave 2.

I've had all my info on which products are available down here just by keeping an eye on the arena since I signed up. People tend to post when they spot something new.

I only saw them in TRU and David Jones as well, but I can't find them anymore :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal