collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sea Pony Curiosity?  (Read 3847 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Pony Curiosity?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
How can anyone call upon the sea ponies at that price? ;.;

Baby sea ponies are much more reasonable, in the $5-$25 dollar range depending on if they have their floats (loose).  Also, like it's been said, the year 2 adult sea ponies run about $15-$25 with their shells (loose).  Its just the year 3 sea ponies that really get spendy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 05:10:39 PM »
Call upon the sea ponies!! ....for the new low price, 3 easy payments of $39.99!!

But wait, there's more!

...no there's not, I just wanted to say that.  :lookround:

I don't really know anything about sea ponies, I've never even seen an MIB one! I'll take the dinky $5 ones, thanks. xD
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Everytime I go to evilbay for a seapony, I am blown away at the prices and get so disheartened! Maybe when I stop thinking $20 for a pony is too expensive I'll actually have some lol

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
It's only the year 3s and Italians that are pricy when loose ;) The sea sparkle ones can break the $20 mark if they have their floats, but usually just barely. Year 2 shells are abour $10-15, but can be found for cheaper :awake:

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
well I was told that quackers is going to run me.... well let's just say, from what I've heard... $600ish.... so if I've got to drop that on white cap too, I'm in $1200 on two ponies?! CRAP!

speaking of... I now have... 2 baity white caps.... lol one day I'll find one with minimal cancer, but better to have two baity, then none at all right?!

MOC TE Quackers...???  I don't think that price is right.  The MOC TE's run anywhere from $50-$125 (Locket, Bright Eyes) with the exception of Mimic who's way up there.  I don't think you should expect to pay more than $100 for a MOC Quackers honestly.

Anyway, as the year 3 Sea Ponies can easily run $125-$300 *loose* with the shells, I would definitely say this girl on ebay will soar past her current price.

I got the info from a MOC collector who informed me that she's more rare then mimic MOC... so I don't know, if one ever comes up, I'll pay whatever it costs to own her... I'll get STUPID lol to have her MOC. Quackers that is... we'll see about Whitecap :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 02:58:16 AM »
Recently I think I have seen more Mimics than Quackers on card lol....but the difference is going to be "sought after"....just because a pony is seen more doesnt mean its cheaper or the opposite just because a pony isnt up for sale all that often doesnt mean its going to be very very expensive in comparison to others that crop up with more regularity.

Yes Mimic is very hard to find but you see more Mimics on ebay than pearly babies, than mail order Sprinkles, even than TE Bright Eyes....but Mimic always goes for more - its simply because she is "more sought after" than a lot of other ponies [lol my grammar here is terrible but I know what I mean!] not that she is rarer than every other G1.

Quackers is always going to be the 2nd or 3rd most popular pony in that Set yes so she will be expensive but she isnt "worth" more than Mimic...although "worth" is always going to be what someone is willing to pay rather than an actual value. Yes, she will be high but she wont be 600$ high...she could easily get to $150 though or even $200 at a push but thats only if a couple of people are super keen I would think!

Once you get the chance to get her you pay what you want though definitely and dont be put off by what other people think - you want her? you get her! [hopefully!!!!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
I would never be able own a MOC. I would rip that thing open without even thinking twice!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
I bought a white cap MIB, BIN on ebay. It was over $600. I bought most of my other MIB's (84 Sea's) for far less. But they were less sought after then. Hope this helps.

The first set of seaponies are worth far less and are fairly common MIB ($50-$100). :)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
Geez and I was planning on bidding on her too... Sounds like it's gonna be some stiff competition.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »
So first set of seaponies it is :-) I would be happy to own just one ;-) I'm still over the moon with my MOC baby sea pony Sealight, she's gorgeous
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Novavelle

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:12 PM »
Recently I think I have seen more Mimics than Quackers on card lol....but the difference is going to be "sought after"....just because a pony is seen more doesnt mean its cheaper or the opposite just because a pony isnt up for sale all that often doesnt mean its going to be very very expensive in comparison to others that crop up with more regularity.

Yes Mimic is very hard to find but you see more Mimics on ebay than pearly babies, than mail order Sprinkles, even than TE Bright Eyes....but Mimic always goes for more - its simply because she is "more sought after" than a lot of other ponies [lol my grammar here is terrible but I know what I mean!] not that she is rarer than every other G1.

Quackers is always going to be the 2nd or 3rd most popular pony in that Set yes so she will be expensive but she isnt "worth" more than Mimic...although "worth" is always going to be what someone is willing to pay rather than an actual value. Yes, she will be high but she wont be 600$ high...she could easily get to $150 though or even $200 at a push but thats only if a couple of people are super keen I would think!

Once you get the chance to get her you pay what you want though definitely and dont be put off by what other people think - you want her? you get her! [hopefully!!!!]

if one ever comes up for sale, I will pay whatever it takes to get here, whether it be $150 or $600 so it doesn't matter :) but I was going off of the advice of someone who own's one... so we'll see.

Either way... I'll get her.... one day :P

on another note, I knew what you were saying as well, bad grammar or not :P

spike84

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Id love to own a MOC locket does anyone know how much she would go for or if anyone is selling one she is my favorite  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal