collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sad about :muffin: Pony being removed.  (Read 7659 times)

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sad about :muffin: Pony being removed.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
I'm absolutely thrilled they changed it. And she's not 'gone', they just changed her voice to be less incredibly offensive to people with disabilities, and no longer have her being called an insult.

They changed it because it was really, really hurtful and upsetting to a lot of people. I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with something hurtful being changed to be less so.

Wile we are at it lets change Glee so everyone is exactly the same. And they can change FIM so every pony is green, as all other colors offend me.

The problem wasn't that she was different. Everyone loved having someone a bit different in the show. The problem was the she was treated and protrayed as a caricature of people with disabilities, called a name that is used to insult disabled people, voiced with a very typical mockery of a 'disabled' voice and treated awfully by Raindow Dash. But thank you for mocking and belittling other people's hurt because it didn't bother *you*.
The problem was never with her eyes, and I'm disappointed they changed that, too. But I'm glad they changed everything else.

If you weren't offended or hurt by it, fine - but other people and other *children* were.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:07:11 PM by Pythia »
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »
It doesn't bother me. The change nor how she was. My enjoyment of FiM isn't based on a bit character that the fanbase has latched onto. The show's still intact, so, I don't care.

Though, her new voice does feel rushed. Not sure if we'll see a third iteration of her voice, but I'd like to hear it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
But people are offended by a lot of stuff. I mean you can only please half the people half of the time at best....Im tired of everytime someone get offended about something it has to be changed. I stopped walking on eggshells for people long ago. Because if you give them an inch they will take a mile....now what else will they deem "offensive"

Edit- oh and her voice actor thought she was male the first tiime >.<

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
I started a thread on this yesterday but I think it got deleted, because I can't find it anywhere.
I'm not upset over this but I'm not happy either, and I think now there's gonna be a giant brony riot over this because of how popular :muffin: Pony is in the brony community. But as far as I know this only happened on iTunes, because one of my friends said that the unedited version is still played on tv (but I might need some confirmation on this!). But I like :muffin: Ponies new voice so much better!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
No one thought her eyes were the problem, and no one was asking for "a mile"...changing her eyes was all Hasbro, not those of us who complained.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
But people are offended by a lot of stuff. I mean you can only please half the people half of the time at best....Im tired of everytime someone get offended about something it has to be changed. I stopped walking on eggshells for people long ago. Because if you give them an inch they will take a mile....now what else will they deem "offensive"

So we should just let offensive and hurtful names and actions slide, in a *kids* tv show? If they start swearing and calling people homophobic or racial slurs, should we just get over that, too, because we're just 'deeming' it offensive? People seem to be forgetting that this is a show for children, not adults, and that they should be the top priority. If even one or two kids were hurt by the portrayal of ':muffin: Pony', then I'm happy it was changed. I couldn't care less how many bronies or adults are upset that their beloved pony got changed, because they're adults. They can deal with it.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
I think a lot of people are just understandably upset about what happened and looking for someone to blame. I'd appreciate not being blamed, but I do understand why they're upset, even though I don't like being misunderstood/misrepresented.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
I have seen enough melodramatic :muffin: Pony art to last a lifetime...
Honestly, i'm neutral about it all.
:muffin: Pony never was a great name. As an internet meme, yes. As a well written character, no.
The only thing that bothers me is that the animation/voice acting looks a bit off when Dash talks.
As for the voice. The old voice was "okay". But is her being voiced now by someone who didn't think she was a guy really that terrible?
The only bothersome thing is that they changed the eyes. Since that really is a part of her.
But at the same time i can understand why Hasbro did this.

People loved the fact that the christmas themed episode didn't mention christmas because that would be more "neutral".  Now Hasbro did the same thing to :muffin: Pony. Made her neutral in case someone out there gets offended. Didn't Faust even say she had trouble getting the word "egghead" into the show? Honestly, while the intentions of Studio B were good. I think putting :muffin: Pony in there like they did wasn't a smart move for several reasons.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »
I started a thread on this yesterday but I think it got deleted, because I can't find it anywhere.

I did too, because I didn't realize you did. Haha oops. Mine also got locked/deleted.

I will say my opinion again, though. I'm really glad about the voice change, I think she sounds much better now. ^_^

I also really like that they changed Rainbow Dash's lines to sound less furious. She sounds just annoyed now, which is how she acts to most people when things don't go her way lol. Her reaction to :muffin: Pony in the original is what really bothered me, so I'm glad they toned that down a bit.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »
I'm glad they changed it. but I wish it had never happened in the first place. I hate that now that episode is like a dark stain that will always cause mountains of drama whenever it's brought up in the future.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »
People seem to be forgetting that this is a show for children, not adults, and that they should be the top priority. If even one or two kids were hurt by the portrayal of ':muffin: Pony', then I'm happy it was changed. I couldn't care less how many bronies or adults are upset that their beloved pony got changed, because they're adults. They can deal with it.

I really like this. Good point! ^^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »
Well, in all fairness, there are some people...kids presumably too... who feel hurt and slighted by what they see as censorship of differences... I really do wish Hasbro/Studio B would have been a little...a lot more careful with this character. She could have been "different" but still not offensive...that really should not have been hard.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
I agree with the voice change, and the cutting of some lines of RD's. Though I didn't think it necessary the eyes be changed, that was just the studio and/or Hasbro missing the point of complaints.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »
locking as this topic has been discussed before and locked ;)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal