collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sad about :muffin: Pony being removed.  (Read 7653 times)

Offline MrPony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Sad about :muffin: Pony being removed.
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
I really love :muffin: Pony. I love that she is different and this makes me feel really bad. If you have not seen it :muffin: Pony`s eyes have been changed to be just like every other ponies, her voice changed and name removed all together on Itunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaS6Dv6TJIw

And the voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZvrs6lp3o

You might not like her but i thought it was great that she was different, I guess she is going back to being a background pony.
This sends a horrible message that if your different you can just change it and make it go away. 

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Sad about :muffin: Pony being removed.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:13:18 PM »
This is gonna get locked fyi. Every topic about :muffin: Pony's changes/:muffin: Pony possibly being offensive is being locked since topics about :muffin: Pony got locked before.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
sad to hear they changed :muffin: Pony:(
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
I'm absolutely thrilled they changed it. And she's not 'gone', they just changed her voice to be less incredibly offensive to people with disabilities, and no longer have her being called an insult.

They changed it because it was really, really hurtful and upsetting to a lot of people. I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with something hurtful being changed to be less so.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline MrPony

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
I'm absolutely thrilled they changed it. And she's not 'gone', they just changed her voice to be less incredibly offensive to people with disabilities, and no longer have her being called an insult.

They changed it because it was really, really hurtful and upsetting to a lot of people. I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with something hurtful being changed to be less so.

Wile we are at it lets change Glee so everyone is exactly the same. And they can change FIM so every pony is green, as all other colors offend me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:37:23 PM by MrPony »

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
I don't mind her voice being changed, but I am a little sad they un-derped her eyes. Oh, well - no point in sitting around and being sad about it, regardless of how :muffin: Pony looks/sounds, we all still like My Little Pony, things will move on, and eventually everyone'll settle down. ^^
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
You know, I'm surprised they changed her eyes...no one asked for that to be changed.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
I makes me mad they changed her....there are far worse thing on tv, and people get butt hurt wayyyy to easy.

Keiri

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
I'm disappointed in Hasbro for changing :muffin: Pony.  :|
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:53:42 PM by Keiri »

Obsydian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »
I  like the new voice but I wish they had at least kept the name and eyes.  Really?!??!!??!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
I found :muffin: Pony cute, but, totally understand why someone would be offended, if they just left it as a "mistake" instead of grabbing it, running with it and making the pony "disabled" as a joke, it wouldn't have been so offensive to those that find it offensive.

I personally don't care either way, but can see why people would be offended. Its a childs show too, not intended for adults, we need to remember that as well.

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
I think Hasbro kinda missed the point here. :muffin: Pony herself wasn't the problem here, is was the way Rainbow treated her. :muffin: Pony is a cute clumsy pony with who's special in her own unique way, and everyone loves her for it~! "Fixing" her was not the right solution. She didn't need to be "fixed", there was nothing wrong with her. It's RD's attitude that should have been changed.

I do understand them changing her voice since that was an actual a mistake, even if it is kinda forced sounding and a little too saccharine.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »
... i love :muffin: Pony ... as she was ... not everyone is perfect ... so why does every pony have to be perfect?

i have autism and i am not offended, my cousin is disabled and absolutely adores :muffin: Pony because he had a pony he could relate to ... i think this is a set back ... and how was her character "bad" anyways ... a lot of people use "derp" when they do something silly or stupid, i know it's been among my friends for ages because one of us would stumble on a flat floor and would say "derp" and we'd all laugh after saying "i saw the carpet reach right out and grab ya!" or the other day at work i was carrying a ream of paper and one end came unglued and needless to say lot's of paper went lots of places so i laughed, said "derp" and everyone helped me pick up and some one said "yeah, you really didn't want to carry it to the printer anyways right?" and another said "500 PICK UP!" lol to me it's always just been a thing to say for a regular clutzy moment of supreme silliness lol cause i mean who REALLY expects a ream of paper to puke itself onto the floor while carrying it ten feet to the printer? lol

... and shouldn't they change Hayseed Turniptruck too? ... hayseed is a highly offensive ... and well he's a LOT more offensive characterization in my opinion ...

i guess i'm not really upset or angry ... just really dissappointed and sad ... i thought she was a charming little pony who was amazing in her own right and embraced herself to the utmost, just like every other pony. and it's not like her "real" name of ditzy doo is any better ... where ditzy is derogatory remark towards women ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 05:57:33 PM »
I think Hasbro kinda missed the point here. :muffin: Pony herself wasn't the problem here, is was the way Rainbow treated her. :muffin: Pony is a cute clumsy pony with who's special in her own unique way, and everyone loves her for it~! "Fixing" her was not the right solution. She didn't need to be "fixed", there was nothing wrong with her. It's RD's attitude that should have been changed.

I do understand them changing her voice since that was an actual a mistake, even if it is kinda forced sounding and a little too saccharine.
This...and I don't mind one bit about her name being removed both because I don't like calling her something that implies "stupid" and because they've never used fan-names before. (and I actually do like her new voice, surprisingly)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
I love her new voice :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal