collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 'The Last Roundup' Re-released With :muffin: Pony Changed  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
'The Last Roundup' Re-released With :muffin: Pony Changed
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
This could easily be a controversial post so let's all keep this conversation polite so we don't get this thread locked or deleted, okay? :)

(In fact, if a similar thread already got made and was deleted, I sincerely apologize.)

iTunes released "The Last Roundup" yesterday and they've changed the opening scene. :muffin: Pony has a different voice, is no longer referred to by any name, and her eyes were changed a bit.

You can see a clip here: http://derpyhoovesnews.com/:muffin: Ponies-new-voice/

I personally like her new voice, as it seems much more cheerful and less mocking than the old one, to me at least. Maybe mocking isn't the right word, but she seemed like a stereotype character before, and now her voice seems like a regular cheerful girl. Rainbow Dash also seems less furious with her, now only mildly annoyed (which is kinda her usual state when things aren't going her way haha).

Again, I apologize if this topic has already been brought up and removed. I only make this post because I just found out myself and wanted to share the information with the rest of the MLP community, I don't intend to inflame anyone on the subject and if this thread has to be locked, I understand. But I hope it doesn't. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: 'The Last Roundup' Re-released With :muffin: Pony Changed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
I was typing up this topic myself. Glad I checked. xD Just gonna copy and paste.

Old voice/scene:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCUT-KHWeec
New voice/scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CRjPO73Dg

For those that don't know what happened:
:muffin: Pony is a VERY beloved fan character of bronies. When she was made canon they rejoiced. However, some people were offended by the portrayal of :muffin: Pony. The most common complaint was that she portrayed disabled people in a bad light. From what I've read the push for the change seems to have come mostly from Apple (as the DVD still has the original version according to what I read). According to comments I've read in the new version :muffin: Pony's eyes were toned down, but I didn't notice. Rabid bronies are now freaking out about :muffin: Pony being "dead", Hasbro being horrible, and the people who wanted the changes being horrible. There's even a petition to "save" :muffin: Pony.

I LOVE the change! I found the original very offensive because she was destroying everything, Dash was pretty mean to her, she has cross eyes, AND her voice sounded like a generic 'retard voice'. I watch things like South Park and have a 'horrible' sense of humor, and there are only two ways to easily offend me (neither of which have ever happened in FiM). I hate the whining about being politically correct and being afraid to offend people. But in my opinion, the combination of everything was just too far without at least a :muffin: Pony-centric episode teaching the message of "its okay to be different" with Dash changing her tune. But :muffin: Pony only appeared for around a minute and only destroyed the town hall and had Dash get angry with her. (And the destroyed town hall was the entire reason so much pressure was put on AJ.)

Her new voice and the toning down of Dash's meanness are wonderful! I love how she actually sounds like a girl and actually seems to just be clumsy now. Even without toning down Dash's behavior and only changing the voice I think it would've been fine (although I do hate S2 Dash being the rude bully of the group all the time).

Honestly I think the rabid bronies need to calm down and realize that they are NOT the target audience of FiM. Young children are. :muffin: Pony can exist however they like in fanon, just like she always has.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
Wow thank you for posting, Taxel! You said everything I was thinking in a much better way than I did! lol. I'm glad I'm not the only person who felt the change has improved the scene. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
I like the change much better as well. I hope this hasn't killed any chance of getting her released as an official toy!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
I like the change better, but, to be honest, I don't care what they do with :muffin: Pony. I will always love her, no matter what her voice sounds like. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
LOCKED per Arena rules of starting a topic that has been locked before.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal