collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 compared to previous generations  (Read 9399 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 compared to previous generations
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
Yeah! I noticed that too, but I don't give two hoots and holler about it anyway as long as I have it, lol.

I mean I have a Twilight Sparkle that is literary two-tone! The head color doesn't match the body color.......Anyway its not really Hasbro's fault , because you got to keep this in mind who's making the toys, and its no one in the U.S.....Yeah! The Chinese! There doing crappy work on our products and it makes the company look bad!

Maybe they are being produced in China, but then...  why Hasbro isn't keeping an eye on the quality of their products, even if it's on the other side of the world?

That being said...

I think I'm the only one who hasn't even opened a G4 (yet... haven't being tempted into having one in my hands...), but G3s were also a pain to open and take out the plastic thing holding their manes... 

And the paint is horrible!  If not on the pony with eye/symbol rubs there's another detail that it's just not nice for a NEW toy just released from factory...

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
I think I'm the only one who hasn't even opened a G4 (yet... haven't being tempted into having one in my hands...), but G3s were also a pain to open and take out the plastic thing holding their manes... 
Yeah, this is true. I remember I actually cut myself on the plastic when I was ~10 because the plastic was so hard to open and sharp too  >_<

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 06:45:59 AM »
I haven't had any trouble opening G4 ponies, but I think I've been well-prepared by opening G3 ponies! Some of the packaging for those was absolutely ridiculous; I opened so many ponies with dented hooves from the plastic base. I always use a blade (Xacto knife, currently; used to use a box cutter but I prefer something more delicate.) to open pony packaging, rather than scissors. If you slice all the tape first the plastic separates with little effort.

Offline Dee_Kary

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://deekary.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:10 AM »
I didn't have any trouble with my pony hair UNTIL i bought Flitterheart :( her mane was suuuuper dry out of the box and feels so cheap >_< I'm tempted to buy another one and bait this one! I'm guessing it's a matter of luck :( even though that shouldn't even be happening.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and moonflower for the avie!
My deviantart / Commissions: Closed

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 08:11:55 AM »
Most of my G4s have had lovely hair, only 'playful' Fluttershy has horrid, greasy, stringy hair (she's the darker pink version), but they have all needed a good brshing and finger styling and most have needed a little trim to get rid of random straggly bits.

I dislike the sewn-in strips in the hair but they aren't too hard to get out, likewise the sellotape is annoying but manageable. The worst so far has been the CMC set which I sliced my finger open on the jagged plastic tray. It's the first set I've seen with raffia (?) string though, I assume for recycling purposes.

The head/body colour mismatch and the slightly off printing of the eyes are (to me) much worse than the quality of the hair though. Much as I do love G4s the QC issues are really irritating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal