collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you PLAY ponies??  (Read 11039 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you PLAY ponies??
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »
Aww, this thread is so cute!

Does anyone remember Teddy Grahams? I had a box of chocolate ones once and I put them in these strange toy carts that were shaped like flowers- I don't really remember where they came from. I only had two ponies, the ones in my sig, plus a CP, and for some reason I decided that the ponies were responsible for rolling the carts around my room so that they could feed the Teddy Grahams to the evil giant... me.

That was the only thing specific I can remember. I mostly just played with them like Barbie horses, but they did have names. Lovin' Kisses was Magenta and something about Star Glow reminded me of a girl in my class named Shante, so her name was Shante. I always think about Star Glow actually whenever I hear that RuPaul song that goes like "Shante, sa-shay! Shante shante shante!"

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 01:10:09 AM »
I sometimes played with barbies and ponies, but the ponies were always my favorite. I'd get them for birthdays and christmas when I was little. Some would come to my friends house and we'd join our pony forces. I had a gray army blanket I would use as smooze threatening the land. I had a troll doll that would pretend to be the ponies friend, but at night would steal the babies for his evil master. I played with them inside and outside. And most of the time when we'd go anywhere I always had at least one pony coming on adventures with me. I'll also admit that I played with them with my best friend into our teens. And was caught by my uncle at 20 playing with my G3s in my room. I hope when I have kids I have a girl so I can play ponies with her. Though one of these days my boyfriend may catch me playing with them...but he's already told me he'd be cool with it. Haha.

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 04:16:01 AM »
Aww, this thread is so cute!

Does anyone remember Teddy Grahams? I had a box of chocolate ones once and I put them in these strange toy carts that were shaped like flowers- I don't really remember where they came from. I only had two ponies, the ones in my sig, plus a CP, and for some reason I decided that the ponies were responsible for rolling the carts around my room so that they could feed the Teddy Grahams to the evil giant... me.

That was the only thing specific I can remember. I mostly just played with them like Barbie horses, but they did have names. Lovin' Kisses was Magenta and something about Star Glow reminded me of a girl in my class named Shante, so her name was Shante. I always think about Star Glow actually whenever I hear that RuPaul song that goes like "Shante, sa-shay! Shante shante shante!"

That is sooo cute!!  How you had them roll the Teddy Grahams around for you to eat them!!   :lol:   Big evil Giant!  :lol:

It reminded me of one other toy that I had alot of.  There were these little teddy bears, about 3 inches tall, and they came in a hard plastic case and they were all dressed differently.  Like in dresses or tuxes or overalls or baby clothes....  My mom used to buy me one everytime we went grocery shopping at HEB.  I can't remember what they were called though.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:02 AM »
My dad was a stay at home dad for many years, which was fairly untypical in the early 90's - my parents didn't have much money to buy new toys, so he'd take us carbooting every Saturday where we'd always pick up new ponies and other 80's/90's toys.

We used to sit and have a sandwich in the same cafe after a morning's hunt, and the lady who owned the cafe would always ask us which new ponies we'd got. She always makes me smile when I think about her.

Though we got a few ponies new, most of what we acquired was done this way. It was always fun trying to find ponies to add to our family. We made it our mission to save ponies. It didn't matter that I already had 3 Moonstones, I had to adopt them if I found them.

We had all the main playsets except Paradise Estate and Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe (I was convinced they didn't exist until the internet told me otherwise) and it was so much fun setting everything up in our sitting room. I remember before we found a Dream Castle, we made our own one out of egg boxes. I also remember making baby pony beds out of cassette tape boxes and hankies for blankets.

We got into BIIIG trouble one day - I was about 3 at the time, but my older sister who was 6 convinced me to cut up my clothes to make clothes for Bubbles - she had no tail and often complained it was cold. Mother was not amused, especially when we tried to explain why! XD

When my older sister stopped playing ponies, I had a younger sister (3 years younger than me) to infect with pony play! She loved pokemon, so I converted my pony stable into a Pokemon Care Centre for her figures. Chief would act as the ambulace and bring in injured Pokemon to be healed by the ponies. Ash Ketchum would always get a stern telling off for not looking after his Pokemon properly!

I also used to play with: Littlest Pet Shop, Fashion Star Fillies, Care Bears, Barbies, and well, anything else I could get my hands on.
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal