collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you PLAY ponies??  (Read 11066 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: How did you PLAY ponies??
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
Haha my pony stories (I played them mostly with this one girl who also liked them) had violence and pillage and plunder. lol  Murder too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
I actually haven't had a good play with my ponies for about.. ten years?
I had Lady Flutter, Flurry, the first activity club pony, and all the float ponies.. forgot what they are called.
Lady Flutter and Flurry were best friends and they played together. I remember bringing Flurry to school once and I lost one of her wings.. luckily I found it but there wasn't enough time to put it back in.. One thing I remember was bringing the floaty ponies in the pool.
My friend had the Windy Wing ponies set and they with my cousins summer wingers would go on adventures..
Thats all I remember.

Rosebud234

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
The only thing I remember about my old G3 is brushing all of her hair out. After a year she either got given away or lost..I don't know...
But according to my mom, I was very fascinated by her hoof magnet, and sometimes when she walked  by there would be a pony chillin out on the refrigeratier XD

cody_sunday

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »
i used to really hate mixing types of toys when i was little so i'd get really wound up if my friends wanted my ponies to be horses for our barbies or something like that, and i was horrified at friends who put hair bobbles in ponies' hair or painted nail varnish on their hooves/put makeup on them. my ponies were only allowed to be played with properly haha, i can remember getting in fights with friends over that kind of thing as a 6 year old :3

also i remember if i went to someone's house and there was a pony discarded in a toy box that they didn't seem to care about i'd desperately long for them to let me have it, and drop really unsubtle hints about it...

xx

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:17 PM »
i didn't have any real MLP's when i was little but it brings back memories of me playing with my pink and blue magic touch pony. she was magical, all the barbies wanted to steal her from ariel (the little mermaid doll XD) but they couldn't have her. they tried to steal her but she'd run back to ariel and she'd ride off at full speed and they'd be left in the dust. good times. XD

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
Hair was combed, they talked to each other; I had a small social network of 10 females. I'm sure they played with my LLL dolls and hung out on the Moondreamer's ship I used to have...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
also i remember if i went to someone's house and there was a pony discarded in a toy box that they didn't seem to care about i'd desperately long for them to let me have it, and drop really unsubtle hints about it...

I did this, too (though I remember doing it with other toys as well).   In one instance though, the discarded pony I found in a toy box during someone's birthday ended up being my missing Cherries Jubilee! :shocked:   
Thankfully her mom recognized it wasn't one she had bought, and saw how wound up I was, so she let me have her back.   The little girl was not pleased.

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »

I did this, too (though I remember doing it with other toys as well).   In one instance though, the discarded pony I found in a toy box during someone's birthday ended up being my missing Cherries Jubilee! :shocked:   
Thankfully her mom recognized it wasn't one she had bought, and saw how wound up I was, so she let me have her back.   The little girl was not pleased.
had both happen.... won both times!!! unless it was with my sister... Why does the little sister always win in that situation??!!! at least i got the ponies back from her  a couple years ago, but it really hurt me.
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 10:09:07 PM »
My little sister and I would sometimes argue about who owned which toy.  We owned 4 wingers between us and each owned a purple ember.  Those were the ones it was hardest to keep separate.  This ultimatly resulted in some of the ponies having pen scribbled on the bottom of their hooves to keep them separate.  When we got older and I started collecting, she let me have some of her ponies, though she kept her favorites.

I also suspect that a certain little girl stole my Heartthrob.  I remember how agast we were that this particular girl would give her ponies mohawks.  We *never* cut our ponies hair.

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 10:14:51 PM »
Oh What a Cute Idea for a Thread!!

nixxi....  I used to do the same thing with my ponies!  I used to pair them up with make believe daddy's and babies.  SS Hippity Hop was a mommy, SS Northstar was the dad, and BBE baby Lofty was their baby.  Glitter Sparkler was a mom, SS Shady was a dad (sometimes), and Baby Glory was Sparkler's baby.  I wasn't really sure about Shady and Sparkler being a couple because Shady was an earth pony and Sparler was a Unicorn.  So sometimes I played that Sparkler was a single mom and Shady & Sparkler liked each other and went out on dates.  I know, Shady's pink,... but I thought her pose looked like a boy's so I thought she could be a boy.  (Apparently Hasbro thought that pose looked boyish too since they made the UK family's with daddies in that mold!  :P )  I was also lucky enough to get the Sweet Celebrations family set for one of my birthdays so they were an obvious family.  I probably had separate names for all of them too but I don't remember any of them.

Ponies were my #1 thing I played with most.  I don't even remember much about playing with my other toys.  I only had 9 ponies.  I wanted way more but I had the small barn carrier and once I had stuffed it full my mom didn't think I needed any more ponies.   :(   I would put the babies sideways in front of the adults.  And I had a few accessories too.  I used to get my 2 boy cousins to play ponies with me too!!   :lol:   I only saw them about once a year but we always played at least once.  The older of the 2 always had dibbs on playing with Daddy Sweet Celebrations.  And Brandon played with Shady!   :lol:   They are not proud when they think about it today but they will admit to it!  Ah, the good ol' days! 

Post Merge: February 25, 2012, 10:20:43 PM

I remember that after I got the Lullaby Nursery that I loved setting them up into little scenes in the Nursery and then closing the Nursery and peeking into the windows with a flashlight and pretending that they were going about their business in their own little house.  I also remember having some fun bath times with seaponies and baby seaponies.
Too Cute!!  I never had a playset.  But that sounds like something I would have done!

Oh, yeah I almost forgot about the baby seaponies I had!  I had baby Surfy and baby Sea Breeze and their floats too.  I had fun playing with them in the bath too!  :D  I even took some of the other ponies to the tub and had them stand on the side and pretended that they would fall in the water and the sea ponies would save them like in the show!  :lol:   I also remember playing with all the ponies at the sink and the sink was a pond were the sea ponies lived.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:27:22 PM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 01:52:47 PM »
When I was a little girl I remember that my ponies were always on the move trying to find new homes or sheltering from storms !

Thinking back on it I blame the Animals of Farthing Wood Cartoon.

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 03:20:31 PM »
I love theese threads!

My sister was very into barbie and I was always into ponies so we used to make seperate lands at the ends of our bedroom and then go visiting to each tohers "houses" I tell you sitting ponies on thoose tiny chairs never worked and I used to get told off for my ponies knocking everything over :(
I always took mine in the bath.. and squeezed them underwater. ><
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

nixxi

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE everyone's stories!  Well except the couple that included a pony thief:(  I'm so glad I started this thread- reading everyone's stories brings back even more memories!!!  Keep 'em comin!!

Post Merge: February 26, 2012, 09:54:54 PM

I only had four ponies too. I was born in '88 so by the time I was old enough to express that I wanted ponies, production was winding down. I only ever got one brand new pony I think. The rest were from thrift stores. However, my best friend had a sister who was 6 years older than us and she had about 50 ponies. My friend's mom ran a daycare that I went to every day, and every afternoon once nap time was over, we'd go to the basement and take turns picking out which ponies we would play with. We each had our favorites and the only pony I remember us getting into arguments over was Princess Primrose, but we were pretty good at taking turns. Otherwise, I always chose Mommy Bright Bouquet and Sundance, and usually Applejack. I just liked that pose for some reason I guess. I picked Daddy Sweet Celebrations a lot too. Once we sorted out the ponies, we would do their hair and make them pretty (she had this huge jewelry box filled with her grandma's costume jewelry to decorate ponies with - the best part was the box only contained clip-on earrings, which made perfect pony barettes), then we'd set up our scene and just... play :P Sometimes we'd be having such a good time that we'd leave the ponies in their spots until the next day and pick up where we left off instead of re-sorting the ponies and starting over ^^
We did this for at least 3 years so we varied our plots a lot, but pony weddings and galas were always popular! And for some reason we always had the baby ponies run away. I think we were unduly influenced by Baby Lickety Split running away in the movie and just decided the goal of all of the babies was to run away as soon as no one was looking XD
We were also kind of obsessed with the idea of birth for a few months once we found out about the birds and the bees (although we were hazy on the details), so we used this little unicorn statue to be the "newborn" and the "pregnant" pony would go away to the hospital and all the other ponies would wait anxiously until the mommy screamed bloody murder a few times and gave birth. It was highly dramatic :P  Also, we were totally incorrect about where babies come out and I blame those Surprise Birth stuffed animals, you know the ones with velcro-sealed pouches in their tummies where a few babies were stored? Totally confused us with the anatomical weirdness of that. We both had them so we thought babies must come out of belly buttons lol!

It's fun to find out how everyone else played with their ponies. Kids are so imaginative, I wish I had the imagination I did when I was little!

I think all kids think that about babies coming out of tummy's lol.  My daughter (2.5) thinks the belly button is for sure how a baby exits a mommy's tummy.  And that's funny too because I remember ALL of my friends and I being obsessed with birth and pregnancy.  I think it was because it was so unknown for us and we only had little bits and pieces of it figured out.  So naturally we liked to play and imagine what we did know (or think we knew lol) to try to fill in the missing pieces.  I guess anyway. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:54:54 PM by nixxi »

fluttersquid

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
I only had one pony (a mini little fakie) and a GC horse, but I used to take them out into my very large yard, and run around the outside, going on "trips" with my imaginary friend Sally. I used to rename them both everyday too.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
let's just say i got a hearty spanking for drawing them a "rainbow" on the wall with crayon. i will never live it down -_-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal