collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you PLAY ponies??  (Read 11064 times)

nixxi

• Trade Count: (0)
How did you PLAY ponies??
« on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
Watching my daughter play with her Ponies (g4's and g4 blindbags) makes me think of being little and playing with mine<3

When I was a little I only had a 4 ponies- Shoreline, Tuneful, Baby Sweetsteps, and the Chuck E Cheese Baby.  I loved them but back then Ponies weren't my biggest interest.  I played with them a lot though.  I had a cardboard barn, stable and fences built for them- that my dad helped me build.  I always pretended that Shoreline was the mommy (her name was Sunny) and Tunefull was the daddy (HIS name was Blocks), and that the other two were their babies of course.  I don't remember what I named the babies.   I sometimes played barbies and ponies together- the ponies were the barbies magical pets of course;).  I remember my mom buying me Baby Sweetsteps at walmart when I was about 3. I also remember picking the Chuck E Cheese baby as a prize at Chuck E Cheese when my family was on vacation at the beach.  I don't remember how I got Shoreline and Tunefull.  And at one point it seems like I might have had more hand me down ponies but I don't have them now or remember who they were- it just seems like I had more when I was a bit older.  It just makes me all mushy when I see my daughter playing with her ponies.  How did you guys play when you were little?  OR how do you play now?  OR how do you little ones play now?  Just thought this would be fun to talk about!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:28:22 PM by nixxi »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you PLAY ponies??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:25 PM »
I remember that after I got the Lullaby Nursery that I loved setting them up into little scenes in the Nursery and then closing the Nursery and peeking into the windows with a flashlight and pretending that they were going about their business in their own little house.  I also remember having some fun bath times with seaponies and baby seaponies.

nixxi

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »
That's really cute- that sounds like something I would do!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Hold on.  I found a pic.  I believe this was the Christmas I got the nursary.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, while this isn't exactly playing with a pony, there was the year I was Glory for Halloween.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
What a nice idea for a thread :)

I mostly remember playing with them in the bath, or in the paddling pool in the garden :) Good times! Making ponies dive in the water was so fun for some reason o_0. I had a simple red plastic boat thing or empty plastic bottle and tubs my mum gave me and I loved putting them on top and watching them float around. And I'd bury them in the sand-pit...(We had a big blue plastic shell thing, water in one side and sand in the other) When I wasn't ruining them with water and sand I'd brush their hair and make 'houses' out of cushions and blankets in my room for them to live in. I think I also liked making them 'jump' from thing-to-thing. Like jump from the floor, to the coffee table, to the sofa.
I was age three to five, but then I lost interest in playing with mlp when I was six and moved on to puppy-in-my-pocket ><.
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline ElleJay

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
I love these sort of threads!

I was little in the G2 era. I had Ivy's parlor and Sunsparkle's Throne. They were all one house in my games, and Sunsparkle was Ivy's evil sister. Cupcake, Crystal and Goldenglow were her friends (Goldenglow always felt like a misfit because she was the only unicorn and Ivy used to style her hair to cover it up and make her feel more at ease lol!)

Ivy was married to one of my McDonald Snoopy's too. Sunsparkle would always try and split them up though! My best friend had the same Ivy as me and she was married to Pink Panther. 

I had other ponies too, but those ones were less frequently in my games.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »
Aww, these sorts of stories make me wish I was into ponies when I was younger. Though being a male of the species I'm not sure how my adventures with them would have gone. They'd probably have involved Z-Bots, Lion King toys, and G.I. Joes. I'm sure there'd have been some epic stuff going down. Ponies in the control room with the G.I. Joes while the Lion King toys were on the front lines, doing battle against the Z-Bots, it'd have been awesome.

I have a blag about ponies.

nixxi

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
Hold on.  I found a pic.  I believe this was the Christmas I got the nursary.

Also, while this isn't exactly playing with a pony, there was the year I was Glory for Halloween.

that is the cutest thing ever. 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
I was too old for ponies when they came out, but all the little kids I babysat had them and I loved playing MLP with them. I really enjoyed reading your post.  I remember how many hours I put into playing with my dolls as a child.  I remember making tables and stuff and sitting my dolls around them.  So I did that with the kids I babysat for.  We had pony parties and spent a lot of time with the sea ponies during bath/pool time.  We never really played with them like horses.  In fact most of the kids I remember treated them more like dolls than horses. 

I was still a kid myself when I babysat, but not young enough to own ponies.  I secretly loved them though and wished I had them along with Strawberry Shortcake which I did break down and own one of those way past the age and loved her so much.  I also bought myself about 3 cabbage patch dolls with my babysitting money..all because of the fun the kids I babysat had with them. 

So ponies were a huge deal too..I remember playets the kids had and us acting those ponies out with those sets.  Now I have like 110 G1's and they are my favorite thing to do with my youngest niece who is a total pony buddy for me LOL. :)   Watching her play with them reminds me of all those 80's kids I kept..so many years ago.  Those were happy times.

I use to take all sorts of vinyl dolls into the tub and I never remember it damaging them other than their eyes and I have a treatment that fixes that..so..water and kids with toys is a huge mix of great fun..toys can be damaged though..but thats what toys are for to play.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:38:15 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

nixxi

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
What a nice idea for a thread :)

I mostly remember playing with them in the bath, or in the paddling pool in the garden :) Good times! Making ponies dive in the water was so fun for some reason o_0. I had a simple red plastic boat thing or empty plastic bottle and tubs my mum gave me and I loved putting them on top and watching them float around. And I'd bury them in the sand-pit...(We had a big blue plastic shell thing, water in one side and sand in the other) When I wasn't ruining them with water and sand I'd brush their hair and make 'houses' out of cushions and blankets in my room for them to live in. I think I also liked making them 'jump' from thing-to-thing. Like jump from the floor, to the coffee table, to the sofa.
I was age three to five, but then I lost interest in playing with mlp when I was six and moved on to puppy-in-my-pocket ><.

That's super cute- you were having fun with them and that's waht really matters!  I wasn't allowed to take my ponies or barbies or stuff like that in the bath tub- at the time I was annoyed but now I'm thankful.  I don't let my daughter take her good toys in the bath either haha.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:42:54 PM by nixxi »

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
Mine went on grand adventures in the backyard and on the beach... but during the winter, we'd get a box of sand from the beach for me to play with on the patio (I lived in Virgina, so no frigid winters. I remember it snowing a half an inch once... ever! lol) They'd play with me in the bathub, on the bunkbed. My few pegasai would fly (jump) from the top bunk to the bottom bunk to rescue my nephew's Thundercats figures, or aid in their escape. :B

Wind Drifter came along with me to the store and flap flap flapped as I followed my parents. Then she lost her wing and I cried combing the floor trying to find it! XD

Magic Message Windy liked to comb trees with me, since she had a tree symbol and all. So she'd hang out with me on the big tree branch I used to climb and sit on! XD

(also click for my sales here. :3)

nixxi

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
I love these sort of threads!

I was little in the G2 era. I had Ivy's parlor and Sunsparkle's Throne. They were all one house in my games, and Sunsparkle was Ivy's evil sister. Cupcake, Crystal and Goldenglow were her friends (Goldenglow always felt like a misfit because she was the only unicorn and Ivy used to style her hair to cover it up and make her feel more at ease lol!)

Ivy was married to one of my McDonald Snoopy's too. Sunsparkle would always try and split them up though! My best friend had the same Ivy as me and she was married to Pink Panther. 

I had other ponies too, but those ones were less frequently in my games.
I like how your ponies married outside of their species;)
haha I LOVE the evil twin plot- that might have showed up in some of my childhood games too. 

Post Merge: February 24, 2012, 03:39:15 PM

Aww, these sorts of stories make me wish I was into ponies when I was younger. Though being a male of the species I'm not sure how my adventures with them would have gone. They'd probably have involved Z-Bots, Lion King toys, and G.I. Joes. I'm sure there'd have been some epic stuff going down. Ponies in the control room with the G.I. Joes while the Lion King toys were on the front lines, doing battle against the Z-Bots, it'd have been awesome.

it really would have been pretty epic maybe you could create a what could have been thing someday!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:42:23 PM by nixxi »

emera_lazzaly

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
I remember always sorting my ponies into families, usually by color! A lot of unicorns ended up being males because I didn't have any male ponies. There was a lot of drama with them lol sometimes I played with Barbies and ponies too. I remember playing in my room, outside, and a LOT in the bath!

Sunset, I love your pictures! Wish I could find some old ones with ponies!

nixxi

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
tulagirl- You would have been a rocking baby sitter!  I so wish my baby sitters would have been so cool.  I remember babysitting when I was 12-17 and playing with kiddos and their toys and secretly wanting to buy some for myself.  I think I actually own a few brats because I wanted them when I was a teen because the little girl I kept had some and I liked them :blush:   And you and your niece sound like me and my daughter.

tehrin-  That's awesome about your sand from the beach.  I really want a sand box now.  I think my daughter and I would have great fun with one.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 04:08:40 PM »
This thread is very fun to read! But it makes me feel I may have not been very active as a kid. My idea of playing mostly consisted of looking at them, holding them and then setting them all up in one long line which I called a "pony parade". I didn't have any placesets or such. I did set up houses, shops, placesets for my barbies and act out stories if I actually had friends over. But overall I'd describe my play time as very quiet haha.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal