collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Factory Defects?  (Read 17021 times)

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 Factory Defects?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
I was wondering, who here has gotten pink diamond? I picked her up, but her cutie mark seems rather low on her flank, where is it supposed to be?

I picked her up yesterday and noticed that as well. At first, I thought it was a printing defect but now I think that's just where her cutie mark is located: low on her flank. I checked pictures of other people's Diamond Roses online and theirs seemed placed similarly low on the flank as well.

cesprins

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
I was wondering, who here has gotten pink diamond? I picked her up, but her cutie mark seems rather low on her flank, where is it supposed to be?

I picked her up yesterday and noticed that as well. At first, I thought it was a printing defect but now I think that's just where her cutie mark is located: low on her flank. I checked pictures of other people's Diamond Roses online and theirs seemed placed similarly low on the flank as well.

I think so too. It just looks kinda off to me. Ah well, I'm still really happy with pink diamond. She looks like the younger sister of plumsweet.

Rococo

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
Yeah, it looks off to me as well, which is exactly why I spent half an hour examining other owners' pictures of her just to be sure I hadn't gotten a defective one. xD

Other than her strangely low cutie mark, I love her. She is so darling.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
I think the low cutie mark is because of the wings (I hope I am thinking of the right pony) Rainbowdash's is low too

ZettaMomo

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »
I'm glad my only quality faults are miscolored heads and bodies, and they aren't that bad.

But I have noticed when you take of the head and plug, some ponies are slashed in the leg on the inside.

Those were from the factory? 0_o I've always thought it was from my exacto knife trying to cut the plug out... if it's from the factory, though, then almost every pony I've ever baited has that D:

I was actually thinking it was something I did too when I first saw this on the inside of my ponies, but my X-acto was nowhere near long enough to leave a stab like this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

will2Bfree

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
This isn't so much a defect as just part of the style of the G4 toys, but, speaking of things that are too low, does anyone else think their tails are WAY too low? It looks like they're coming out their... poop-shoots, for lack of a more polite word. The tails are placed normally in the tv show, so why so low in the toys? It doesn't seem like there's anything that would hinder putting the hole up higher.

Thoughts?

Rococo

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »
This isn't so much a defect as just part of the style of the G4 toys, but, speaking of things that are too low, does anyone else think their tails are WAY too low? It looks like they're coming out their... poop-shoots, for lack of a more polite word. The tails are placed normally in the tv show, so why so low in the toys? It doesn't seem like there's anything that would hinder putting the hole up higher.

Thoughts?

Why, oh why, did you have to say this? Now it's all I can see! lol

will2Bfree

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »
Sorry. lol I've noticed it since the very first time I saw them. It's probably the thing that bugs me most about their design.

cesprins

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »

Thoughts?

I've thought that too a couple times as well, but I've gotten used it.

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »

Thoughts?

I have no idea... I wish the tales were placed higher as well. 

keikokukien

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
I'm glad my only quality faults are miscolored heads and bodies, and they aren't that bad.

But I have noticed when you take of the head and plug, some ponies are slashed in the leg on the inside.

Those were from the factory? 0_o I've always thought it was from my exacto knife trying to cut the plug out... if it's from the factory, though, then almost every pony I've ever baited has that D:

I was actually thinking it was something I did too when I first saw this on the inside of my ponies, but my X-acto was nowhere near long enough to leave a stab like this

OMG!! That's what I thought I did! I messed up with my exacto on the very tip top of her neck and when I opened her (a Feather May) I thought I was the one that poked a hole just like that in the inside of her leg...but again, mine isn't that long either. Well...kinda relieved it wasn't me that did -that-, but still a bit depressed with my first slip up. ^ ^;

That's just aweful...poor ponies have premature arthritis!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »

OMG!! That's what I thought I did! I messed up with my exacto on the very tip top of her neck and when I opened her (a Feather May) I thought I was the one that poked a hole just like that in the inside of her leg...but again, mine isn't that long either. Well...kinda relieved it wasn't me that did -that-, but still a bit depressed with my first slip up. ^ ^;

That's just aweful...poor ponies have premature arthritis!

Yes I thought it was my own fault at first , and I was terrified that I almost slashed my pony. But then I used a much smaller Scalpel that isn't even that long, so it must be factory faults.... Is yours always in the right leg too?

Adoptable made by me

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 09:00:45 AM »

I have had LOTS of ponies like that. LOTS.

i'm actually after a certain factory error though. i saw someone posted a topic about a "derp eyed fluttershy" and she was so cute! i kind of want one!

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »

I have had LOTS of ponies like that. LOTS.

i'm actually after a certain factory error though. i saw someone posted a topic about a "derp eyed fluttershy" and she was so cute! i kind of want one!
Oh, - that!
I have one but not as bad.

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »

Thoughts?

This annoyed me for some time, because it just looked so ... weird. They place the tails normally on fashion style ponies though for some reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal