collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Factory Defects?  (Read 17032 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G4 Factory Defects?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
It very disappointing. That minty is probably one of the best examples of how rushed the production teams are getting.

toralei

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
My Rainbow Dash has like... factory glue on her back and wing? It doesn't bother me too much, though. I just tell myself that it could be from crashing- which apparently Read it and Weep made canon  :lol:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
I'm glad my only quality faults are miscolored heads and bodies, and they aren't that bad.

But I have noticed when you take of the head and plug, some ponies are slashed in the leg on the inside.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:54 PM »
I've had factory flaws on almost every single pony I've unboxed from the G4 line.  Most are just extra paint, or dents in the plastic, but 2 of my playset ponies have hair cuts from where the plastic attached their manes to their legs.  After having bought so many, it's really discouraged me from taking them out of their boxes, but it's too much to store them all like that.

I also got the train set, and I was disappointed that the train isn't strong enough to pull both cars.  It keeps getting stuck.  Did they not test this?!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »
I just threw in my G4 towel. I won't buy anymore of their merchandise and look forward to the end of the line due to what you describe. Sad really. The only thing I will buy is blind bags.  Thats sad about the train..but it doesn't surprise me.  Perhaps the prototype the tested was lighter in weight than the product itself. :huh:

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Rosebud234

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »
ugh. my twilight sparkles' head is bluer than her body, and half of my plumsweets' tail is shorter than the other half. it's frustrating!
EDIT: I forgot, but my BB firecracker burst has derp-eyes. :(

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
Yes there are lots! With G4s I mostly like to buy them in person, simply so that I can check them over for flaws :(

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
I've been pretty lucky... The worst G4 issue I've encountered is uneven eyes. I sometimes have trouble even looking at their eyes, because I look for defects so much that I start to see them when they're not there.

Though, I did have a strange issue with my Rainbow Dash... She had a piece of hair stuck inside the plastic on her leg! It was really weird.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
Is it worth trying to contact them or they don't really care about the quality control?

I cannot love my :muffin: Pony eyed BB minty.

Oohh that is bad >< I thought my derp-eyed bb lyra was bad but you win
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Rococo

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
lol That :muffin: Pony Minty looks kinda cool imo. Almost like she has on some sort of edgy makeup.

So far, my only defect is my Cherry Pie's mane having a few abnormally short tufts of hair and some plugs that were cross rooted. I snapped the strands before I realized what was going on and now I have to style her hair a certain way to hide the messy side. Thankfully, she looks fantastic with her hair curled around her poised leg.

I also haven't seen too many defects in stores either. No crazy, wall-eyed ponies yet. However, I really dislike how you can't inspect the ones that come with the mini-DVDs properly. I would personally hate to get a jacked up cutie mark. :(

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
Well some errors are going to be worth money later in life like blank flanks.  But thinks like this there are just so many of this kind of flaw.  People always scold me for opening blind bags when you can tell which is which but I don't want to sell or give away a pony with glaring factory errors.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
Actually it was not uncommon for G3's to have mis matched bodies and there are some G1's that have it too.  Getting die to match on different parts or from one lot to the next can be a big problem.

G4 wise we are not buying the toys expect the fun Blind Bags and we just got a transparent glitter Rainbowdash with a huge thumb print under the display side eye.  Not a big issue though as she was an extra gotten to strip.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

toralei

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
Well some errors are going to be worth money later in life like blank flanks.  But thinks like this there are just so many of this kind of flaw.  People always scold me for opening blind bags when you can tell which is which but I don't want to sell or give away a pony with glaring factory errors.

Not to mention that they  may have mis-bagged a pony 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:23:41 PM by toralei »

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »
I'm lucky enough that the worst I've run into is a Rainbow Dash having really, really dry hair. I bought her for bait anyway, though, so it was okay xP

But I hate hearing all these stories about awful-quality ponies. D:

I'm glad my only quality faults are miscolored heads and bodies, and they aren't that bad.

But I have noticed when you take of the head and plug, some ponies are slashed in the leg on the inside.

Those were from the factory? 0_o I've always thought it was from my exacto knife trying to cut the plug out... if it's from the factory, though, then almost every pony I've ever baited has that D:

Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

cesprins

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
I was wondering, who here has gotten pink diamond? I picked her up, but her cutie mark seems rather low on her flank, where is it supposed to be?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal