collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show of hands  (Read 10661 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Show of hands
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

1) Items in other peoples baskets are off limits.
2) If I can grab it before they do, it's mine.  And I'm danged fast when it comes to ponies.
3) If I see a pony/item I want in the cart, stalking from a distance is okay. If the item is laid down somewhere, it's MINE! If the item is thrown out of the cart by a child,  the kid clearly didn't want it and it's mine.
4) If someone dares to take something from my basket, I will get it back, along with anything else in their basket that I like.

Yes! I try not to even look in other people's carts, but if something is just too good to pass up I'll ask them. A lot of the people who frequent the thrift stores know me and will just give me ponies if they have any in their cart  :)

I have definitely stalked people through the store to see if they put things down, and often they do! Children especially have a habit of carrying stuff around for a while and then just throwing it down somewhere, or being forced by their mums to put it back. I also stalked one lady who grabbed a giant bag full of ponies, but she wouldn't give them up :( Another was a lady with a gallon bag full of LPS *sigh* she didn't put them back either.

I've only had to get something back once, after an employee accidentally put the items in my cart back on the shelf, and I was darn quick to rescue my seapony and fairytale bird!

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
I have once, though it wasn't at a thrift store. I was at a Walmart while I was hunting for fashion style G4s, and this particular one only had Rainbow Dash. I already had her so I moved on to looking at some other toys, when I eyed a shopping cart at the end of the aisle that had FS Fluttershy in it. I hoped it would be just someone restocking, but it was a guy with his little girl. I kind of followed him around the toy department to see if he would put it back  :lol:

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
Well I did have an incident where I thought there was an abandoned cart/stocking cart that I didn't think was somebody's because it was piled high with stuff... and I saw ponies there so I grabbed them, but then a lady said "ooh those are mine!" So embarrassing! I apologized and gave them back to her and continued on my way.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
This kind of thing happens a lot at the outlet down here.  Things get separated.  So you might have the roof to one house and another person has the actual set.  Or you find baby accessories and then notice someone down the way has the actual pony.  It's pretty common to swap and offer to keep sets intact here.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
I havent actually had this happen (thankfully! )  - I'm normally too quick! (plus I always have someone with me hunting too )  :lol:   I will admit that in this situation I prolly would be hanging about discreetly keeping an eye open incase the pony got put back though :ninja:  :p  :silly:

I can't do that. I'm 6'4", weigh about 260 pounds, and I shave my head. If someone like me is creeping you, you'll notice.

ROFL!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
I don't stalk, but if I want it, its either in my basket which is in my hand, or in my hand, I do not set stuff down ever, I have seen too many fights over the years over this sort of thing, if I set it down and walk away but still want it, I ask whoever is with me at the time to watch it / hold it for me. I did this at a garage sale yesterday, there were a few things I wanted but my wallet fell out of my pocket in the car & I forgot to pick it back up, so I set the stuff that I wanted down & made my mum stand there and guard it for me lol.

I have been dissapointed to see someone else get something just before me at times, it happens, but once they pick it up its theirs, if they set it back down, its fair game.

I am guilty of not picking up every pony item I see tho, cause often thrift stores here in Oz overcharge, and if its covered in ink, has major haircuts ect. I am not paying like $5 - $6 for a bag of cheap nasty fakies with like one real G3 in really poor shape in it. I do believe in the "no pony gets left behind" rule if it's not overpriced, if there is a child that is eyeing off what I have, if its something that I simply picked up so it "wasn't left behind" I will give it to the child. I prefer them to have it and get some enjoyment over it than me, if its a G1 tho, sorry kiddo! However, if there is anything else in the bag, I am happy to purchase it, pull the pony(s) that I want out and give the rest to said kid.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
the only time I've every 'stalked' someone is I went to pick up a nerf gun I wanted and a kid rushed in and grabbed it right out under my nose. His mother was half screaming at him that they were NOT going to be buying the gun so I waiting while looking at other things and as soon as he put it down I went and did what he did to me and went right to checkout and bought it for myself. I suppose I could've just approached the mother and ask for it but eh ... I hate walking up to strangers.  *hides
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
Can't say I've ever had the opportunity to pony-stalk someone, but I would! Happily I have quick pony snagging abilities, so I'm more likely to end up as a stalkee XD
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:33:29 PM by Crowpriest »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
I wouldn't say "stalked",.... but I've "kept an eye" on someone else's cart before.  Only once did they end up putting the item back and I was able to grab it.

Although I'm the collector, my wife has really good pony sense at thrift stores!  She spotted Moonstone and Windy(?) on the shelf and grabbed them real quick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal