collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions?  (Read 26597 times)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions?
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
The reason why I don't collect most MLP is that I think it is WEIRD to have a horse with blue eyes. The only real horse I've ever seen with a blue eye obviously had a brown eye too! I could buy ponies like Snuzzle and Peachy but then I'd have to paint their eyes brown and I'm worried people will think I'm customising what would be a good condition MLP! Others in my collection might end up wearing brown contact lenses...

Offline McKinley

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »
* I LIKE the Gingerbread pose. I think this is because my first ever pony was in this pose (SS Scrumptious)
* I don't care for Nirvanas. It's neat to see some of the more unique versions of G1 characters, but I can't get past the generally poor quality/condition.
* I think Rapunzel is kinda ugly.
* I don't mind pink, glitter, or tinsel.
* I generally dislike pink ponies with blue hair. I just don't like the color combination much.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
I like tinsel and glitter g3

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
* I don't like Twinkle Eyes. I find them creepy. There are a couple of the TE girls whose designs I like but could do without those spooky eyes. It's not BBE level dislike but I'd still prefer them without

* I am not fond of Mimic. I don't hate her or anything but high prices make me go "What? WHY?"

* I don't like super long hair on 90% of ponies. Sometimes it makes sense with the theme and some people like to leave it long if they are selling it but it feels unfinished sometimes. Particularly on the G4s because the FIM ponies all have styled hair. When I style my non-show G4s, I either slightly trim or try to come up with something that doesn't leave the hair dragging on the floor.

* I don't watch Doctor Who and sometimes it irritates me when people try to constantly cram him in to FIM. Doctor Hooves is cute but why is every pony with that symbol a timelord? Maybe they work at an hourglass factory.

Nothing revolutionary but less popular.

The reason why I don't collect most MLP is that I think it is WEIRD to have a horse with blue eyes. The only real horse I've ever seen with a blue eye obviously had a brown eye too! I could buy ponies like Snuzzle and Peachy but then I'd have to paint their eyes brown and I'm worried people will think I'm customising what would be a good condition MLP! Others in my collection might end up wearing brown contact lenses...
I wonder if you could paint white acrylic over the colored part as a barrier then paint in brown. If you don't seal it, maybe it could be removed by Magic Eraser later if you sell?

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »
I really dislike the Galaxy/Ribbon pose and the North Star/Lofty Pose. To me, those two poses are not elegant at all!

I am not a HUGE fan of BBE babies, but I love their characters. So I have them all, but I wish they were all NBBE.

I'm not a fan of the collector pose either, I think it's weird looking, and the ponies always look so sad!

I also am not a fan of the G3 ponies. Something about them bothers me, I still collected them, but not a huge fan!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
I don't really care for Mimic or pony clothing/accessories.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »
I think flutter ponies are weird, like their necks are too thick or something like that /:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:17 AM »
I think Tootsie is such a pretty pony and is so under rated, I just hate that pose. The colours however <3

I think BBE's are creepy like most others do, but have a soft spot for them, they sort of have an ugly cuteness about them that I just love

I think gingerbread's pose looks like she is a bit tomboyish and bulky, but I think its adorable, if I made a toy of my persona, I would go with a similar stocky mould lol.

I LOVE twinkle eyes, even tho their eyes look odd with the huge lewels protruding from them.

I do like G2's, and I also don't mind G3.5's, although I will admit they are my least favourite gen, followed by G3, but I like G3.5 sweetiebelle, she is adorable, I was given one as well as pinky pie G3.5 as a gift, and couldn't part with either of them

I think the donkey pose is adorable (but we call it something else in my house XD ) and can't quiet understand what's to hate about it, it just looks dopey to me really.

I know she is popular, but I really love mimic's unique colours, the brighter the better I recon :D and green is <3

I like the SHS's, especially the glittery ones

I think some of the flutter ponies looking down at them, look like a frog in the face, a very cute frog, but they do look froggish to me :P

think that'll do me lol <.<

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »
-I love fakies. xD I welcome them into my collection as lovingly as I would for a Hasbro pony.

-I'm not crazy about Mimic either. I like her bird symbol and unicorns, but her green and high price is a turn off to me. If I found her at a thrift store I'd still pick her up though.

-I don't collect accessories. I never played with them as a kid, from any toy, and now I know that they would just clutter if I ever got them these days.

-Here's the biggest irony. I actually don't really like horses that much. I like MLP because I like the bright colors and designs, and I love brushing the doll hair. I appreciate MLP as an art, more than anything, and it's not that I by any means HATE horses, but they really aren't my favorite animal. I always liked sea creatures (hence my love for Sea Ponies) and dogs and cats. Think about it-- how cool would My Little Octopus be!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »
I really don't care about accessories. At all.

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »
-I love fakies. xD I welcome them into my collection as lovingly as I would for a Hasbro pony.

-I'm not crazy about Mimic either. I like her bird symbol and unicorns, but her green and high price is a turn off to me. If I found her at a thrift store I'd still pick her up though.

-I don't collect accessories. I never played with them as a kid, from any toy, and now I know that they would just clutter if I ever got them these days.

-Here's the biggest irony. I actually don't really like horses that much. I like MLP because I like the bright colors and designs, and I love brushing the doll hair. I appreciate MLP as an art, more than anything, and it's not that I by any means HATE horses, but they really aren't my favorite animal. I always liked sea creatures (hence my love for Sea Ponies) and dogs and cats. Think about it-- how cool would My Little Octopus be!

XD Me too! I am not very keen on real horses at all (oh the irony)
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:18 AM »
I like pink!!!! That seems unpopular at the moment!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 03:19:00 AM »
Ooh I love fakies too, I actually own more fakies than I do the real thing, I only collect what I want to tho, I am pretty picky about what comes into my collection & stays, and it doesn't need to be a perfect, minty pony either, just needs to mean something to me. Most of my collection would be considered bait / play only anyhow, but I love them all to pieces and thats all that matters to me :)

I have a thing for hideous fakies, I am not talking about "oh my that is a little unnerving" I mean "OMG! That thing is going to eat your face off whilst you sleep! D:!" I really enjoy them a little too much, and get kicks out of scaring adults with them.

:heart: :heart: :heart:  I actually want this pair to breed, these are one of my most favourite things (this is my own photo, and anyone is more than welcome to use it as you credit me ;) )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I totally agree with the accessory thing too, I do really like some accessories, but I really just see it as clutter & would prefer them to go to someone that is going to appreciate it for what it is.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:59 AM »
oh yes, I forgot. I too like pinklestia, especially the fashion style. The light pink boy and the mint mane with pinks & purples is so beautiful.
i agree, she's a very beautiful pony. i also really like the smaller brushable version. the airbrushing on the tips of her wings is so lovely!

Offline Peach

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 03:23:53 AM »
I don't like G1 baby ponies ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal