collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International Shipping. Do you? Dont you? Why? How?  (Read 4545 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: International Shipping. Do you? Dont you? Why? How?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
From Mexico here.

I've sold a lot of things, national and international.  I usually offer tracking number with the packages I send ($2 US), understanding that not asking for it is a risk buyer is taking.

When I buy international, depends on the price with and without tracking, and the value of the things I'm buying to know what service I'll ask.

As far, only  one item has been "lost" (2008?), but that was a really... weird story I can't really understand still.  Two times I've asked for tracking number from US, but arrived in the same time, and a lot of money to ask for it, the others I haven't asked for tracking number and just be patient with the delivery.

From what I've sent, all have arrived safely, only a little late sometimes, but package being on the country where it should be.

Mexican PS tracking service 'stops updating' when the parcel lets the country, which only takes at most one week to left, but somehow can be tracked asking directly on the buyers country when given the tracking number to ask.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
Im in Australia, and have had parcels ripped apart, and take 4 months to arrive to me, "Because" they were packaged with something that came into contact with either food or animals.
So if your sending something to Australia, make sure the packaging you use is new, or atleast hasnt been on a bench that had crumbs on it or something, or wrap it in something that was once used for food. And dont send in cereal boxes etc! Ive had numerous cereal boxes arrive with the customs rip apart note in, saying how they had to search my parcel as the dogs sniffed there to be a problem. (thats not the correct explanation, but was awhile ago so cant remember what they said exactly but it was along those lines)
I had a parcel had to be burnt, coz it was sent in a box that was used to ship raw meat. WTF. Lucky for me, it was only a horse blanket and the people I Bought it from refunded me, as they were at fault.
But the majority of parcels I have received in a timely manner, and in great shape!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
raw meat??!! Eeeuuww!! wow why on earth would someone send your stuff in a box used for that?!  :crazy: *shudder*  :yikes:  I'm glad they refunded you !  Thanks for the info on shipping to Australia  Saja . I've never had any problems sending items there myself so I didnt realize there was such a potential issue with recycled packaging   visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal