collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, I'm curious  (Read 3562 times)

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
So, I'm curious
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
I honestly haven't paid much attention to the G4 toys, but over the course of reading some threads/ect - I started to wonder something.

In the G4 line, how many are "cross-overs" from the G3 line (as in, same name same symbol, colors etc) ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
Re: So, I'm curious
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
I don't think we've had a lot of direct G1 crossovers yet, but there are a lot of "inspired by G1" ponies.

Offline sweetstuff

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
I don't think we've had a lot of direct G1 crossovers yet, but there are a lot of "inspired by G1" ponies.

I know that some of the G3 ponies were inspired by G1. I just wondered if any of the names/symbols from the G3 line carried over to the G4s.

Offline littlexflitter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
I know that some of the G3 ponies were inspired by G1. I just wondered if any of the names/symbols from the G3 line carried over to the G4s.

Haha, there goes my reading comprehension! XD I can't speak for Blind Bag ponies because I don't keep up with them, and my commentary isn't comprehensive.

G4 Blossomforth is somewhat similar to G3 Blossomforth, in that they both have white bodies, pink hair, and flowers as a theme for their Cutie Marks, but they're not identical. G4 Blossomforth also has green in her hair, not only pink, she's a pegasus, and her symbol is pink and green rather than blue like G3 Blossomforth.

G4 Cheerilee and G3 Cheerilee have a lot of similarities. Same hair colours, body colour, and the symbol is pretty darn close. The Cutie Mark differences are minor, but distinct--G4 Cheerilee's flower has a smiley face and seem somewhat daisy-like in design, while G3 Cheerilee's Cutie Mark was a less-stylized cherry blossom.

G4 Cupcake and G3 Cupcake really only have their name and cupcake-themed symbols in common.

G4 Daisy Dreams is really close to G3 Petal Blossom--same colour scheme and a very similar Cutie Mark. Daisy Dreams' mark shows white daisies, though; Petal Blossom's flowers are pink.

G4 Dewdrop Dazzle and G3 Merriweather have umbrella Cutie Marks in common--that's about it.

G4 Honeybuzz reminds me a lot of G3 Bumblesweet. They have the same hair and body colours and bee-themed Cutie Marks.

G4 Plumsweet reminds me (personally) of G3 Blossomforth, G3 Strawberry Surprise, and basically all the G3s with non-pearly white bodies and bright pink hair. Her Cutie Mark is similar to G3 Lickity-Split.

G4 Rainbow Flash and G3 Rainbow Flash are very similar. Their body and hair colours aren't exactly spot-on for shades, and the G4 is a unicorn while the G3 was a super long hair. The Cutie Mark is almost identical.

G4 Skywishes looks nearly identical to G3 Skywishes except the G4 is a pegasus. I haven't seen a G4 Skywishes in person to make the comparison.

G4 Star Swirl and G3 Star Swirl share names and Cutie Marks. They have different body and hair colours.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:15:36 AM by littlexflitter »

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Pinkie Pie's pretty much the same, isn't she? Same cutie mark, colors, pony species (breed?). The only difference I can think of is that G4 Pinkie has darker hair than the G3 version.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
Blind Bags have more near to full crossovers. Coconut Creme, Beachberry, Daisy Dreams/Daisyjo, Fizzypop, Gardenia Glow, Minty, Peachy Pie, Rainbow Flash, Rose Luck/Desert Rose, Skywishes, Starswirl, Snowcatcher/Snowflake, Sweet Song, Tea Love.

Don't forget Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, even though they grew down in age. I even consider Fluttershy to be a partial crossover, she's not a new character, just a new color.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
I don't think there's much room to change Pinkie Pie. Her name is Pinkie Pie. She's not going to be blue.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline littlexflitter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
Yes, I didn't really mention most of the show characters other than Cheerilee.

G4 Pinkie Pie and G3 Pinkie Pie are very close, but have swapped hair/body light/darknesses. G3 Pinkie Pie had lighter hair and a darker body of varying shades during all of her re-releases, while G4 Pinkie Pie has darker hair and a lighter body.

G4 Fluttershy and G3 Fluttershy share names and butterfly themes, but not much else. G4 Fluttershy's colours are similar to G3 Toodleloo, but the G4 Fluttershy toys often have much darker pink hair. G4 is also a pegasus.

G4 Applejack and G3 Butterscotch have similar mane and body colours.

G4 Rainbow Dash and G3 Rainbow Dash are both blue ponies with rainbow hair, but not the same shades in the rainbow, different shades of blue for the body, and G4 is a pegasus.

G4 Rarity and G3 Rarity really only have names and being unicorns in common. G4 Rarity's colours are closer to G3 Cloud Climber and actually G3/G3.5 Sweetie Belle, who had darker hair closer to the shades used for G4 Rarity.

G4 Twilight Sparkle makes me think of G3 Dazzle Surprise, but G3 Dazzle Surprise has a lighter body. I think her colour scheme (as the toy) is also reminiscent of G3 Twinkle Hope without G3 Twinkle Hope's lighter stripe.

G4 Apple Bloom reminds me of G3 Candy Apple for body and hair colours.

G4 Scootaloo and G3 Scootaloo have name crossover and similar body/mane colours, but G4 Scootaloo is slightly closer to G3 Sparkleworks since she doesn't have purple in her hair, only pink.

G4 Sweetie Belle and G3 Sweetie Belle have similarities, but G3 Sweetie Belle had darker hair. G4 Sweetie Belle's hair makes me think of G3 Lovey Dovey.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:01:06 PM by littlexflitter »

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
Pinkie Pie's pretty much the same, isn't she? Same cutie mark, colors, pony species (breed?). The only difference I can think of is that G4 Pinkie has darker hair than the G3 version.

Good catch, I hadn't even thought of that one! She's probably the most exact cross-over there is, actually

G4 Honeybuzz reminds me a lot of G3 Bumblesweet. They have the same hair and body colours and bee-themed Cutie Marks.

Wow, that's an awesome and fairly thorough list! I don't think Bumblesweet's hair has any pink though? Neither of the versions I have of her do at least. Still, I do consider Honeybuzz to be the FiM Bumblesweet :)

Which one's can I add....The Lickety Split cross over involved some gender bending, but the cutie mark is similar to G3 Lickety Split; Cherries Jubilee- the cutie mark was simplified, and her eyes are green and hair in the red/pink range, so there are some similarities there, the body colour is much different. That's all I can think of at the moment :P
ETA: Whoops! Just realized this is in reference to the toys only ;^^ my mistake xD
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:24:53 PM by Whellu »

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »

And instead of the balloons all together they are spread out.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »
Wow!! There is crossover!

Offline sweetstuff

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
I didn't really know about the BB  crossovers at TRU, that's good to know!

I saw the G4 Honeybuzz (which is what got me thinking about this). I almost picked her up because she reminded me of Bumblesweet.

Offline SaraMari

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
Bumblesweet is also a blind bag!

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal