collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Roughly How long does it take for a US package to get to New Zealand? Update pg2  (Read 32164 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Roughly How long does it take for a US package to get to New Zealand?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
  Thanks so much for that information, Binky and Marlin!! That's very helpful!!

I'll pm you her ID if you still want it but this might be my mistake.

Even if you did make a mistake in labeling her package, 13 days is still an absurdly short amount of time to be opening a claim on an International parcel. The paypal limit is 45 days and sometimes even that's not long enough. She jumped the gun with that claim and it just wasn't necessary to do so.

You can email the name to those who have requested or you can feel free to post her name to this thread; fair few individuals here want to deal with anyone who opens a claim in such a small period of time. I most certainly wouldn't want to. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 07:21:54 PM »
I had one take 2 months. Gave me a heart attack. It got stuck in customs.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »

My goodness!! Thanks so much for the help Marlin!! I guess it's weird then that the address on her paypal had the island named to begin with. But now it's not there, so. XD

Thanks Binkyfinder, that makes me feel a lot better!! Sorry you just had your perfect feedback ruined over something like this- UGH! It makes me not want to ship internationally on ebay anymore. I have and still would do it on certain forum marketplaces, but ebay's system is just too unfair.

I sent her a nice message in response to the claim, noting the length international packages may take and how they may vary, and she "gave me one more week". :/ 3 weeks total is still not nearly enough after reading all your helpful posts (thanks again- I appreciate it and it gives me a place to "vent" of sorts lol).

Her ID is: nzsailormooncollector

I don't think she's a pony collector (which is actually why I originally posted this in the off topic board- I wasn't sure where it belongs :blush: :blush: ). But I do know some people here share the same hobby she does, so who knows.

EDIT: Oh- and all these times include weekends. We also had a US holiday but hopefully the package was out of the country by then. XD Sigh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:32:19 PM by Ginger »

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »
Most parcels from the US for me lately have been taking approximately 3 weeks. 13 days is barely enough time to get it out of the USA. I hope it shows up soon hun. The username isn't familar
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Thanks guys. I lost the case and ebay refunded her. After 15 non-holiday business days. Very upsetting.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Urgh. How disappointing :hmm:  Does that mean ebay took your money from paypal and refunded it to her? (sorry, not sure how those processes work). If so, what happens now if the parcel turns up? You'll be out of pocket and that's not very cool.
This all seems rather impatient of the buyer, particularly given you have gone to a lot of effort to try and smooth this out and explain things. If she does get the parcel, I hope she'll do the honourable thing and give you your money back.

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Urgh. How disappointing :hmm:  Does that mean ebay took your money from paypal and refunded it to her? (sorry, not sure how those processes work). If so, what happens now if the parcel turns up? You'll be out of pocket and that's not very cool.
This all seems rather impatient of the buyer, particularly given you have gone to a lot of effort to try and smooth this out and explain things. If she does get the parcel, I hope she'll do the honourable thing and give you your money back.
Yup, about $15 lost out of pocket+the item is gone. >_< I hope it turns up too and that she does what's right and send the money back. I have a pretty strong feeling that it'll arrive. I'm refraining from leaving feedback just in case (plus it's silly, all I can leave anyway is a positive and this certainly has not been a positive experience).

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Wow..I am just curious did you respond to the case with the customs number for proof of shipping? Or fax over your postal receipt?

I personally would phone ebay tomorrow.  It would not hurt to ask a few questions even if you think you may have messed up.  I hardly feel that 15 business days is a long enough period of time for them to open and close a case for international shipping.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
:(  thats not fair of Ebay after such a short time, and after you tried to work things out with your buyer too.   Royal mail will not consider an international item lost until after 25 working days. 
I think I'd go with Ponyladys suggestion - give Ebay  a call and explain the situation - it cant hurt :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Not to mention NZ has had a few holidays in the past few weeks too!

I think I have dealt with this person on Trademe, it rings a bell!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Thank you for the warning... maybe it will keep other pony people safe.  :(  *hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Wow..I am just curious did you respond to the case with the customs number for proof of shipping? Or fax over your postal receipt?

I personally would phone ebay tomorrow.  It would not hurt to ask a few questions even if you think you may have messed up.  I hardly feel that 15 business days is a long enough period of time for them to open and close a case for international shipping.
I did! I also just got into contact with them, thanks for the advice! The customs number is not proof of shipping to her address, so nothing further will be done. I still find silly because she didn't pay for tracking (which would have increased the shipping costs up by a lot!).

Loa, I didn't know New Zealand had a few holidays too. Thanks! That makes it even more crazy lol!!

I'm thinking about moving all my things over to Bonanza (or try another place if I can find one) and forgetting ebay. ._. 1/3 of the winners never pay, I get bombarded with messages, fee'd to death and the buyer is always right. ><

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
*sigh* ebay sucks sometimes  :(   I just hope that this buyer is honest and pays your money back when the item arrives

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal