collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Roughly How long does it take for a US package to get to New Zealand? Update pg2  (Read 32161 times)

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Hi! I shipped a package to New Zealand for the first time on ebay from the north east US via First Class. It has been 13 days and the buyer is complaining that it has not arrived yet.

In your experience, roughly how long should this take? I have shipped to other places overseas before and two weeks doesn't seem unreasonable to me, especially if the package got caught up in customs?

This is so frustrating!! I sent a message to comfirm that the shipping address was indeed correct, but I don't know what to do other than just wait? It's not insured because it's a $3-$4 item. After fees I made $1.07 from this item and would rather have just donated it. The last thing I want to do is refund $15 shipping. :/

Thanks a bunch in advance lol, I appreciate any reponse!

At first I didn't understand it but now I agree with so many other members here: I'm sooooooooo fed up with ebay. It has been way more trouble than it's worth.

[moving to TS - kaoskat]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:40:48 AM by Ginger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Roughly How long does it take for a US package to get to New Zealand?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:52 AM »
From experience on shipping US to Aus: two weeks really isn't unreasonable, nor is three. I would be only starting to worry at 4 weeks for First Class to be honest. Bit of a pain the buyer is being a bit impatient, but maybe they don't realise this.

ShinePaw

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
I don't know how much it should take to New Zealand, but lately I seem to receive my packages form the US much slower than usual, I just received one after 15 days. I'm in Middle Europe and I usually receive my packages within 10 days.

So I'd suggest to wait a little more, hopefully your package will be fine :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Only 13 days?  It took over 6 months for a parcel to reach me from NZ!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
It is not unusual for packages from US to NZ to take weeks.  And right now things seem to be moving unusually slow.  I know I have a package going to Australia that was mailed January 21st and is still not there  :huh:

Is she a new buyer?  I always like to check that first before I email them back.  If they are new to buying overseas I like to explain to them that shipping overseas is different than shipping within your country and can take weeks if not months sometimes. 

Also you can email her the customs number if she does not already have it.  I would then explain although it does not track it, it does show proof that the item was indeed accepted at your post office and is transit.  Just give her some reassurance that the item will arrive, it usually works to calm them down a bit! 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Thanks so much everyone!! I didn't even THINK to send her the customs number. I'll go do that right now. >_< She is a new buyer, only 7 feedback and has been sending me many messages. She also got upset when I "didn't send her a message after I shipped like I said I would". Lol, I never told her that I would send her another one, and marked the item as shipped and thought that would be enough to let her know. All thank-yous had already been exchanged and I thought it was good.

Lol! Oh well.

I'll keep waiting- thanks! I hope it gets there soooon! I sure hope it doesn't take 6 months likes yours lovesbabysquirmy- WOW!!!!

Post Merge: February 23, 2012, 10:26:17 AM

And she just opened a case.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:26:17 AM by Ginger »

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
I just bought some lovely ponies off a US member here, and they took a week and a half to arrive (she sent them Feb 11 and they arrived on the 21st here in NZ). It was the first time I had bought from the US, so I have no other postal experiences to give you an idea of time frames I'm afraid!

I hope this resolves positively for you!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
And she just opened a case.

Another impatient overseas buyer.

*headdesk*

What a pita! So sorry to hear that you are having to deal with her. Two weeks is certainly NOT enough time to be getting your knickers in a twist shipped from the US to NZ. :mad:

The best advice I have for you is to try and remain diplomatic about the affair and try to keep communications open. If you haven't sent her the customs number yet do it now, hopefully that will ease her peace of mind in the time being. She will probably get her package next week and hopefully she's an honest buyer and will closed the case against you then.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes with her!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
So sorry for you, Ginger!  I really hope the item arrives, because unfortunately, eBay won't be on your side.  It normally does take up to even 6 weeks for items to arrive from the USA going anywhere First Class.

This is so disappointing because it seems more and more new buyers are just so impatient. 

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
Thanks guys!! I feel so much better knowing people who understand lol!!

Kcherry, I sent her the customs number, explained, and THEN she opened the case after that, so I guess she's still overly paranoid regardless. She claimed that all other packages she has gotten from the US have arrived way sooner than that. The last update on the customs form was on the 14th and it was in NY, so I think you're right and it'll arrive next week.

It's really silly that some buyers are so impatient. As if we the seller have any control over the postal system. XD

I'll be sure to keep you updated!!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
 :hug: Ginger!
That is ridiculous to open a case after 13 days.  She sounds like a huge headache.  I hate to say it but with an attitude like that she is going to be dissappointed alot with overseas transactions.

Please feel free to PM her ID as I do not like dealing with people who are unreasonable about shipping times.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear this Ginger :hug:  impatient new buyers on ebay can be such a pain to deal with! that was very unreasonable of her to expect the item to arrive so quickly (it can take 3-4 weeks often, and sometimes it can take longer like the others mentioned) :( it was even more unreasonable of her to open the case after you responded and gave her the customs number :yikes:   
 Cherry gave some good advice - keep good communications with her and stay calm, reassuring and diplomatic, even if this person gets mad at you -I know its not easy, but it can make all the difference to how this will end ;) .  Hopefully the parcel will arrive within the next week or so
If you dont mind, could you please let me know who this person is too?

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
Actually- now I feel like a dork.
 :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:
Now that I'm home and reviewed the case more closely, apparently there was an error in one of the digits on the shipping address I gave her from the customs form and she did not clearly explain this.
What confuses me though, is the address I have written here states which island she is on, but I went back to review the address on her paypal and it is no longer included there. Did something change!? The address is also unconfirmed? I'm super confused! I am hoping I wrote it correctly on the shipping lable and in my haste at the post office, copied it over incorrectly. I hope I didn't just dig myself in a hole with this.  :blush:
I'll pm you her ID if you still want it but this might be my mistake.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
Um, I don't know about the rest of your queries, but if it helps, it shouldn't matter whether or not you have 'North' or 'South' Island on the NZ address, so long as you had the city this person is in (like, Wellington, or Auckland or something).  I've never really known anyone to note which island they are on when stating postal addresses, and it shouldn't matter internationally either I would think.

Most NZ addesses will look like this:

J Bloggs
1 Blogg Street
Suburb
City or Town or Region (+postcode)
New Zealand (stated if posting from overseas)

:) :)

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »
My brother moved to Australia last summer and had me mail some of his belongings to him.  Around 8 of the boxes I mailed were Priority flat rate, around the same weight and mailed at the exact same time.  They all contained books.  The address was printed out on the computer - so they looked identical.  He didn't receive any of them on the same day.  The first ones showed up to his door in 2 weeks and the last one took 8 weeks to arrive.

I know that NZ and Australia aren't the same place - but I am noticing that nearly ALL international packages are taking their sweet old time lately.  (I even just lost my 100% feedback score because of it on eBay.) 

As for a small mistake in the address - it may cause a delay, but the package should still get there.  It doesn't sound like it was totally botched.   

It is SO rare for a package to go missing forever.  I've mailed out thousands and it's only happened a couple times.  * knocks on wood * 

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal