collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about ebay, and a nasty ebayer to report.  (Read 6747 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ebay, and a nasty ebayer to report.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:11:18 AM »
Jeez..stalk much!

I am sorry you had such a rude person to deal with.  And you did the right thing by blocking them and reporting it to ebay. 

There are just some people with too much time on their hands and no matter what you can not make happy.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »
Adding this ebayer to my blocked bidder list, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry you had to deal with such a rude person.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »
Yuck!! Seriously what is with some buyers on ebay at the moment....it is just a matter to click and see your lower postage or if they cant do that maybe a "polite" message asking if there had perhaps been an error!

And as an aside ebays shipping calculator [especially for international] is a nightmare and notoriously too high...in all honestly I wouldnt trust it...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
I very much doubt she's every sold anything on eBay, so she has no idea what she's talking about and just assumed the worst without realizing that the shipping calculations are on eBay's end. It's sort of like how the only people who get really rude and complainy about retail service are the people who have never worked retail.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
Out of curiosity, where was your buyer located? International Priority shipping from the US starts at $30-something & goes up, even for the smallest item. If your buyer was not in the US & you chose International Priority as a shipping option, then there was no mistake... just an uneducated buyer giving you a hard time for nothing.

Postage rates in the US keep going up & up. I can't tell you how many people have messaged me about my recent sales asking that I lower the international rates. I keep telling them that I'm sorry, but I'm charging what I actually have to pay the post office to send the item.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
That is a little bit on the creepy side. I am glad that you got them blocked and hopefully Ebay will do something about them so they will not harass anyone like that again.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
Wow, she's a little whacko there. One politely worded message confirming shipping costs would have worked just fine but it sounds like she wanted a fight from the beginning. I guess be glad that you had the shipping error or you would probably be dealing with her as a buyer right now!

I found your auctions and it looks like you've fixed 2 of them? I see you're offering Parcel Post shipping instead of First Class though? If your items are under 13 ounces you can send First Class which lowers your shipping even more and looks much more appealing to buyers. When I list if the item is under 13 ounces I will always put First Class shipping as the first/top shipping choice as that is what people will see in the listings. Then I will also include Priority or Parcel Post. For items that weigh under 1 lb I always just do Priority though as Parcel post ends up to be almost the same rate. Be sure to check and see what dimensions you have for the box size and also make sure for Package Type you have "package (or thick envelope)" selected. Having larger measurements or having the irregular box checked will definitely change the shipping costs. It's showing $29 shipping for me.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »
It hurts my brain when someone messages me in all caps - its hard to read, and anyone that knows any "online etiquette" at all knows that is actually "yelling" as such, which is also considered very rude.

What a nutcase - I will be blocking her from my ebay too, as I sell from Australia, and shipping prices ARE ridiculous from here to just about anywhere, and I have been informed by my friendly post office guy that they will be going up again very soon.

I hope ebay bans her for harassment. Why she couldn't just take it up with them instead of getting all pissy at you about high shipping? I know myself I have made mistakes with the online calculator & it has overcharged, its the reason I have in all my auctions to message me for a quote, it can happen, and it can be completely innocent.

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
Hi guys!! Thankfully for me I havent heard back from this person. I also havent heard anything from ebay about my complaint.  I DID admit I made a mistake, I was honest. I never tried to be a jerk, or overcharge. I mean if its pennies I wont bother with a refund unless some one really needs their 2 cents.

Once she brought it to my attention I took care of it. At least I thought I did. I have been shipping things lately and have noticed its expensive to send little lite weight things. Just shipping within my own state in expensive!!! I dont own the post office, so I cant change there policies or pricing. I also dont own a majic carpet or a time machine, so I cant just magically get your items to you. You pay for what you get. You wnat it overnight, well thats 4 x as much, you want it cheap well then you have to wait awhile.

Thanks for all the lovely messgaes, and kind words!! It is nice to know our community is so understanding and willing to help out a fellow member!!! Thank again!!!

Sarah

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
If you check out her feedback, it IS flawless, however, she has left a few neg/neutrals for sellers without any reasonable reasoning behind the feedback.

She has also never sold, so obviously has no clue what it's like to sell, or how it is putting up with a nut like herself.

If something has been sent to her by mistake, or it is broken in transit she refuses to send said item back and then leaves horrible feedback. I feel sorry for those poor sellers, they generally aren't a business, just a person maybe trying to make ends meet by onselling stuff they paid money for for a slight profit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal