collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts help?  (Read 2220 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts help?
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
I need some Kingdom Hearts experts here - my head is spinning!

Alright - I've played through KH 1 and completed it.  And I've started KH 2, but haven't finished it and sort of stopped playing it.  I've also started Chain Of Memories (but I didn't like the format on my DS so I quit that one as well).  So currently I'm playing 358/2 days and enjoying it.

Today, my hubby just bought me "Birth By Sleep" for my PSP and I'm wondering - do I need to quit playing 358/2 and pick up Birth By Sleep?  I'm about a 1/4th of the way into the game.

What order do I need to play the games in?  Also, do I really need to play Chain Of Memories?  I really hate the 'card' attack method on the DS.

And finally, any word on Kingdom Hearts 3?  ^-^

Thanks for all your help!
Cloudie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hearts help?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
Birth By Sleep takes place before Sora ever comes into the picture, it gives some insight into things that have happened and will happen. So you don't need to stop playing 358/2 to play it and understand what is going one don't worry. ^.^

As for the order I believe it goes like this:

Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
358/2 (since some things happen during 1 and during CoM)
Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2

You don't have to play CoM, but it does have some of the more interesting members of Organization 13 in it. If you don't want to play you could always read the manga based off of it instead, though I do not know how accurate it is as I have never read them.

As for KH3, I have not heard anything lately, but I know that they working on it. I have not checked in a while, so it could be further along.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
Not too sure if has been released in English yet, but I think they did a PS2 3D release of Chain of Memories. Basically I think its Chain of Memories but in the regular PS2 KH Style engine/interface. Can't remember. Been too long since I followed KH
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »
I can't help you, but I'm having a similar problem :P  I just discovered Dream Drop Distance, and am itching to get it when it comes out. But I only played part of KH1 and a tiny bit of KH2 (as it belonged to a friend and she eventually wanted it back :P ). I also had Chain of Memories but barely played it because I hated the stupid card-based battle system. I don't have a PSP, so Birth By Sleep is out of the question. Wondering if DDD would totally confuse me, or if I should go back and try to play more of the games I have and acquire the games I missed first, or if I should just give up entirely and just read an overview of the storyline somewhere :drunk: I don't really want to spoil the games, because I know I'll play them eventually, but I do most of my gaming on my 3DS, so DDD is sounding pretty appealing...

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »
Bagh...another KH game?!  On a *different* platform!?  No wonder I never kept up with the games...  I don't have a 3DS...and I wasn't planning on getting one ever.  Maybe way later when all the hype has died down...  What time frame does Dream Drop Distance cover?

I think I'm going to continue to play 358/2 Days and then finish off KH2.  That way I don't get my stories all crossed over.  It makes me feel bad though because it looks like I won't be getting to my new game that hubby got me anytime soon.  I hope he understand though.  =/

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:48 AM »
I havent caught up either..I think the sister and I have played 1 and 2, and the boyfriend had one of the games ont he DS but I cant remember which.  As far as I remmeber it gave alot of insight on organization 13 :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
Cloud Weaver, I think Dream Drop Distance is supposed to take place after all the other games. And something about even though it has some of the same characters as the other games (Im assuming they mean Mickey, Donald, etc) they're not the SAME same characters that were in the previous games...kinda like alternate world versions or something? I don't know man, these storylines are nothing but confusing :P

I do think the fact that the series spans so many different systems is pretty silly. It's inevitably going to alienate some players. Although, I do have to very highly recommend the 3DS. I bought mine shortly after launch, before the price drop, and I've never regretted it a bit. It's my favorite handheld I've ever owned, and even though it seems super gimmicky, it's actually a really neat system. I use mine just about every day, and I always carry it with me when I go out :)

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
I've only played part of the way through the first one. I'm no help I'm afraid.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »
Dream Drop Distance takes place after the events of KH2 and opens the door for KH3. Sora and Rikku are the main characters, though it is rumored that Donald and Goofy will not be Sora's main sidekicks. Mickey will obviously still play a role, but it is believed that Final Fantasy characters will play an even smaller role than previous games.

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 05:42:01 AM »
Hrm...sounds interesting.  Maybe if nessecary, I'll take my DS to the game trade-in store and get the 3DS.  Does the 3DS still play GBA games?

Anyway, got my playing sorted out - I'm going to finish 356/2 days and hubby decided he wants to start Birth By Sleep (he's never played any of the games, so I figured it's a good place to start!).  ^-^

Thank you all for your help!  =)

Side note...what about Kingdom Hearts Coded...?  Is that game important?

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
I Loved Kingdom Hearts; seriously Loved it. KH1 and KH2 are two of the very few video games that I've played more than once (and I think I played them both 4 or 5 times) but they totally lost me when they started jumping platforms. I never finished CoM (for the same reasons you guys all quit.. XD ) and I'm just not at all interested in handhelds, period.

I've been looking forward to KH3 coming out for years, but it never occured to me that I might be a teensy bot lost.. I really don't like the idea of Donald and Goofy not being part of Sora's team; that would just be.... well not very Kingdom Heartsish! :blink: I hope that rumor turns out to be false. If that's true AND they've cut back on the Final Fantasy chars.. I'll be muchos disappointed with square..

Uh, on topic, I guess I'm very little help, too!! :silly:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal