collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update  (Read 14977 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: help with costs concerning shipping from the UK please??
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Well, I had my response, and it was as expected to be honest. Here's what I wrote to her:

Hi ***;

I'm confused. I asked you about combined shipping, and you said you would, as follows:

ME: "Sorry to trouble you once more, but before I go crazy bidding on a few further of your auctions, I thought I'd better check to see if you'd happily combine postage?  And if yes, how many ponies could you send in one parcel? I understand you have set amounts of postage listed on each individual auction, but I'm hoping we can combine and reduce the postage cost?"
YOU: "yes im happy to combine postage i could fit alot of them in a asos shoe box.we will sort it out if you win"

I think it was quite clear I was talking not only about putting the ponies together, but also reducing the cost of shipping. Not once did you ever explicitly state in your answers or auctions that you would charge postage PER pony. If I had understood that to be the case, you are right, I would not have bid.

At the time of the invoice I was unhappy with the cost of shipping, but went along with it with a 'live and learn' attitude, thinking such a charge might be expected in the UK. I have since been helpfully enlightened that the shipping you charged was extortionate, which is why I am now addressing it.

I in no way wish to be rude or antagonistic, but must express my dissatisfaction over this issue, and hope you will do the honourable thing by giving me a part refund on the majority of the difference of shipping.

Regards, ***"

And she writes back:

"it says next to the pony how much i charge postage.i said as stated i dont combine HOWEVER i did reduce considerably for you to less than half of what sending them seperate would be.i have set prices for each this is why i dont combine or ship abroad due to all this.if you werent happy you didnt have to purchase you knew the price when i sent you the reduced invoice so im not happy to lower any further as i have bidders buying 10 at a time and are willing to pay seperate postage for each,also you got the ponys cheap enough.i will combine out of good willif you buy more.sorry my time is precious to me and dont have enouigh hours in the day for all this im sorry again, ***"

She still isn't really responding to/addressing the fact that I'd sent back her own communication stating she 'would' combine, and though yes, there is a shipping price per pony on her auctions, she does not state anywhere on the auction that she won't combine the shipping cost. Everyone has a shipping cost per pony on their auction - that's WHY I asked her if she would combine shipping for (expletive) sake! As I said in an earlier post, I wish I had said something before paying. Maybe this could have been avoided. But being inexperienced with true shipping costs from the UK at that point in time, placed trust in it (whilst still feeling something wasn't right). Oh well. I'll retain the live and learn attitude here. I'm not going to cry about it, it's just disappointing that there are people out there who choose to do things certain ways. I've bought some more ponies off a couple of members here through the arena just in the last couple of weeks. They've been awesome, and it has been so much more pleasant and personal - maybe I should just stick to that!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:10:52 AM by Marlin »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:14 AM »
Oh sweetie! What a horrible seller...personally I would appreciate if you could post the username as I certainly will be avoiding them!

You could open a dispute [I think] for a small refund but personally sometimes the fight isnt worth it...however, with an attitude like that I think you are well within your right to leave a low DSR for postage prices or even a neutral/neg on feedback...when you leave the low DSR ebay will probably ask you if you had a problem with the purchase and you could report the issue then. If it wasnt for the fib then I would understand if you simply wanted to let it go but she clearly says its not a problem and then takes that back which is grossly unfair.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 04:27:31 AM »
Grrr..I do not care for her response that you got the ponies cheap enough.

It is against ebay's policies to overcharge on shipping by that amount and that is that.  If she does not want to resolve this I would simply report it to ebay.  I think you have been more than patient with the issue.

I had this happen once with some Boyd's Bear houses.  She wouldn't give me a better rate and in the end she had to ship them seperate because she wasn't prepared.  So it ended up costing her more.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:33 AM »
...wait, so the price to ship per pony is listed in the auction as 3.50? And you bought 3 ponies and paid 12.50 in shipping.... and she is telling you that she reduced the price for you? Can we all do some quick math? 3 ponies at 3.50 (which lets be real, 3.50 for one pony is absurd anyway) does not add up to 12.50....

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »
Very important.... do not threaten to leave bad feedback in any communication with her as Ebay sees this as extortion and will remove it if you do leave it.

Stand your ground! IMO, she's just trying to make an extra buck. I'd report her to ebay, and jus tleave her a big red donut and 1's. If she is a normal seller this will hurt her. Short of filing with paypal and ebay, there's not much more you can do to get the extra money back.

Can you share the auction with us?

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Report her to eBay and leave neg feedback. People like that whizz me off because she's not playing fair. And name and shame, too.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
Please let us know who this seller is...  :(  I hate when sellers try to gouge and profit from shipping prices.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »

...wait, so the price to ship per pony is listed in the auction as 3.50? And you bought 3 ponies and paid 12.50 in shipping.... and she is telling you that she reduced the price for you? Can we all do some quick math? 3 ponies at 3.50 (which lets be real, 3.50 for one pony is absurd anyway) does not add up to 12.50....

I know, right?!!  :shocked:

Thank you all sooooo very much for your support in this. I really appreciate it, and am glad I am not alone in my reaction here!

Well... as much as I would lurve to slap something negative on her account, I had (stupid me) already placed positive feedback prior to my questioning the shipping (this was before I had started this thread and realised how grossly I was overcharged). Unfortunately I can't change it now (my fault really for placing the feedback before investigating) but I did do a follow up comment warning other buyers that she doesn't combine shipping.

I don't want to seem weak, but I don't think I'll go ahead with reporting her. I am so new to ebay that I'm a bit scared of what retaliation she'll do in return (if she can) to my own feedback account. (sucks that my first transaction makes me feel threatened, I have 100% positive feedback on over 100 transactions on my NZ auction site!).

I did give a snarky reply to her last message, (I was offended by the 'you got the ponies cheaply enough' comment too) and told her if she was trying to recover fees then she shouldn't list them at .99 start price...  I look back and wonder whether I should have done it, but I figured I wasn't going to get any further with her, so what the hell, I'll give it to her bluntly.

Anyway, I think I will take your advice and name and shame. If it can at least help others in the pony community to be aware of her then I guess it can do some good.

So then, beware ebay trader: klicic1986

Ok. Did it. Phew.

Thank you again, all of you, so much for your help and advice. I am so grateful for the supportive and community minded nature of the arena. You guys are awesome <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Sellers aren't allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers, so you're safe. I just checkered her out and her stars aren't the best, guess other people aren't happy either.

My best advice as a new buyer: Do your research before purchasing something. Check their feedback, even if it looks all positive. Ask question before bidding (which you did). What bothers me is that she lied about the shipping.

I hope this hasn't put you off from buying- there are still a lot of reputable sellers out there. :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting her user ID Marlin.  I will be sure to steer clear at all costs of this one. >_<

Honestly though what a rotten seller!  It's not even the fact that she overcharged you on shipping, she flat out lied.

I can almost bet when the auctions ended she thought they should of been more so she oviously screwed you over on the shipping.  But looking at her shipping stars you are not the only one. :(

I think you did everything right for being a new buyer.  Don't let it discourage you!  There is still going to be idiots out there don't get me wrong but the next time you will be prepared!  :ohyeah: 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
I had this before and opened a dispute but there wasn't the option for overcharging postage and it didn't go very well!! I'm really sorry this happened to you it's so bad!!!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
:hug: It was good you tried to work out shipping before hand.  I guess it is getting to the point that we will have to have a firm shipping offer before we commit to buy.  You could always return them for your money back but you'd be out return shipping.  I hate the negative tone of her reply and also the fact that she is blatantly lying.  No one is willing to buy ten ponies from one seller and have them package them all individually to post.  It would be ridiculous.  The lying and the rude tone is worse to me than the overcharge.  Greedy and awful.  I plan to block.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Oh, that's disappointing. I was watching some of her auctions and was planning to bid but I guess I'll ask shipping questions beforehand and see how she responds.
EBay Sales ~~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting her ID  :hug:    TBH I dont like her response either  :(  I was watching some of her items too, but I'm not liking her attitude  :mad:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Hello postie experts  :)

I'm a bit new to the overseas pony buying game, and wondered if someone could help me with some typical costings concerning shipping of pony related parcels from the UK to New Zealand?

I did my first ebay purchase recently, and although I didn't dispute it, was rather shocked by how much I was charged for shipping, and I want to know through others who may have shipped from the UK to NZ before (or any NZ'ers who've had parcels from the UK), whether the charges I received were to be expected, or a little unreasonable?

I had 3 ponies shipped, and was charged 12.50GBP (nearly $24 NZ$). They came in a white polythene envelope, and the sticker from Royal Mail says 4.16(pounds). I can't see anything to suggest this package was insured, though it did arrive quickly (it's only taken a week to get here).

Does the Royal Mail sticker mean the sender only spent 4 pounds to send the parcel? If so I am shocked at being charged 12. The ponies weren't even cushioned in bubble wrap or anything, so they can't have charged for handling/packaging?!

I am happy enough with the ponies which luckily I got very cheaply, but I can't help but feel the whole thing is a little soured by the shipping...

If anyone can give me advice/typical quotes, it would be much appreciated  :)
I havent' read the other comments, butusually if something is dirt cheap. They get the total that they want from the item through shipping fees, which usually include with those kinda people the actual pacakging, the cost of post and the cost of their precious, precious time and going out of their way to post something THEY wanted to get rid of.  I never pay more than $10-$15 for shipping from the us, I assume the Uk would be around teh same amount.

edit: Okay now I've read everything  :lol: . Yeah she sounds liek a real money grubber of a sales person, I usually wait a few weeks to leave feed back to see how I really feel about the product and the postage and what not. Maybe you should let her know she's on the bad trader list on the forum and what not where so and so amount of members reside? or something.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:25:57 PM by bagheera86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal