collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update  (Read 14894 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Bad Ebay seller has struck again (Klicic1986)- Ashlyne's update
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »

New edit 12 March - Ashlyne's progress page three of thread

EDIT: oooohh... an interesting update (29/2/12)... this seller just received her first negative feedbacks - and one concerned shipping. Looks like I'm not the only one shafted by her!

Hello postie experts  :)

I'm a bit new to the overseas pony buying game, and wondered if someone could help me with some typical costings concerning shipping of pony related parcels from the UK to New Zealand?

I did my first ebay purchase recently, and although I didn't dispute it, was rather shocked by how much I was charged for shipping, and I want to know through others who may have shipped from the UK to NZ before (or any NZ'ers who've had parcels from the UK), whether the charges I received were to be expected, or a little unreasonable?

I had 3 ponies shipped, and was charged 12.50GBP (nearly $24 NZ$). They came in a white polythene envelope, and the sticker from Royal Mail says 4.16(pounds). I can't see anything to suggest this package was insured, though it did arrive quickly (it's only taken a week to get here).

Does the Royal Mail sticker mean the sender only spent 4 pounds to send the parcel? If so I am shocked at being charged 12. The ponies weren't even cushioned in bubble wrap or anything, so they can't have charged for handling/packaging?!

I am happy enough with the ponies which luckily I got very cheaply, but I can't help but feel the whole thing is a little soured by the shipping...

If anyone can give me advice/typical quotes, it would be much appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:28:42 PM by Ringlets »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: help with costs concerning shipping from the UK please??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »
I am in the US so I am pretty clueless on prices from UK to New Zealand.

Hopefully some pony can come forward and help you out. :heart:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »
I know that shipping to and from New Zealand can be pricey, but $24 for 3 ponies that came in an envelope sounds a bit wacko.

Usually the sticker on the envelope or box indicates what was paid. So if this is the case... that is a very significant overcharge

However I'm not sure on all this exactly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »
The Royal Mail is simple....the price on the sticker is the price you pay. If you pay for insurance or additional costs it will be listed on the large square sticker. Does the sticker simply have a large "A" on it?

The Royal Mail website gives you prices very easily and in all honesty I think UK shipping is usually reasonably priced in comparison to other countries [sorry those who live in Aus and Canada!]

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Even if you factored 90g per pony and a small amount extra for the envelope and wrapping it comes to £4.26. I do think sellers should be allowed to charge a little more for packaging so postage doesnt have to be exact - also because a seller looses a paypal fee on postage a few extra pennies should be permitted but that doesnt stretch it to over £12....did you ask the seller to combine postage? It sounds as though you have paid postage per pony rather than for a combined package.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
Thanks so much for that, Hathorcat, and to the others for your support. Have to admit, I am now gnawing my lip in an attempt not to spew some curses.

This lady was very pleasant to deal with, and I did ask about combined postage, to which I had a reply along the friendly lines of 'we'll sort it out' when the auctions finish. I had even checked the Royal Mail site beforehand in preparation to find out how much it might cost, and I thought it would be about 6 pounds, but being my first ebay transaction and not wanting to be rude, I didn't push her to find out exactly how she would be posting the ponies (like, would it be a packet, would it be about 6 pounds...) before the auctions finished. I didn't want to suggest how she should post the ponies - she sells an awful lot, and I, perhaps rather naively, assumed she'd have it all under control.

ARGH!!!  in fact... Grrrr. This lady was very nice. I am very nice too. And the ponies aside from being a tad dirty were good ponies that I am pleased with. But I don't think I can let this slide. I might contact her again to query this, and see if I can get a partial refund.

Thank you so much for your help, everyone.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »
Its fair enough to allow a small over charge on postage as I mentioned but that is 3 times the price...so yes, you should query it with her...just a polite "I wondered if you had simply forgotten to combine my shipping costs" and see what she says. It is not in the interest of a seller to over charge so significantly for postage so hopefully she just forgot and can offer you some kind of refund!

Let us know how it turns out...
Loa is my love god!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:31:19 AM »
Thanks  :)  I sent her a message. She was lovely to deal with up to the auction finish, so I hope she is reasonable about it. I wish I had queried before I paid now, but had never had anything shipped from the UK before, so despite being a little unhappy about the charge, went along with it. 

I'm really glad I queried this on here now, otherwise I think I would have lost some confidence buying from the UK. I'm really happy to have had your reply, and to know now that shipping from there doesn't have to be as exorbitant as what my first experience has proved!  :P

Will update with progress... I hope it's positive...  :lookround:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:54:25 AM »
Thanks Cat for the info  :)   I knew someone would come to the rescue!

Hopefully your seller just made an honest mistake and she refunds you the difference in postage. 

Good Luck!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »
That's criminal!  :mad: And a week or two is standard, insurance doesn't usually make a difference to the time frame oddly enough... only if you pay $50 then you can get a 2 day service.

Anyway I hope she refunds you some money because £12.50 is extortionate! Hopefully it's just a simple mistake where she over estimated the cost ( some sellers do this when sending abroad, they panic about the cost and then charge extra to make sure they won't pay from their own pocket. Although usually a simple set of kitchen scales can solve that issue :rolleyes: ).
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 04:11:29 AM »
Hmm that does sound pricey  :huh:  the £4.26 would be the standard airmail price.... the only way it could have been bumped up a lot higher was if she paid for "international signed for" Airmail, which is an extra £4.95 on top of the usual airmail price, bringing the actual cost of postage to £9.21 . If she charged you for the packaging as well, then I guess that will bring it closer to what you paid.... but... if she didnt send it "international signed for" (if she did you will be able to get a tracking number from her - there will be one on the receipt), then I cannot see how she can justify that amount, unless she did forget to combine shipping for you
sending her a polite message and giving her the chance to explain was the right thing to do :bigups:  let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
You guys have been awesome, thank you so much for your helpful replies!

Well..... you gonna LOVE this.

Got a reply this morning:

"im glad you recieved them ok.i dont know what to say as i charge the £3.50 per pony and DO NOT COMBINE AT ALL.i halfed what i usually charge for you it just causes all this hassell.usually if people think the postage is too high they wont bid.regards..."

I don't what to do but laugh, actually. She HALVED this shipping cost for me? This is a joke. I ASKED her if she would combine the shipping before the auctions finished. Some communicado as follows:

ME: "Hi ***, *** here again! Sorry to trouble you once more, but before I go crazy bidding on a few further of your auctions, I thought I'd better check to see if you'd happily combine postage?  And if yes, how many ponies could you send in one parcel?
I understand you have set amounts of postage listed on each individual auction, but I'm hoping we can combine and reduce the postage cost? (in the event of course, that I am lucky enough to win some of your auctions!)...
"

HER: "hi hun yes im happy to combine postage i could fit alot of them in a asos shoe box.we will sort it out if you win,i hope you do.also yes thats fine you can wait until the auctions are finnished and pay all at once.any other questions please ask.thankyou for your message.kind regards..."

Does this, or does this not, completely contradict her reply to my querying how much I was charged?!

That earlier reply to my question about combined shipping (the way I read it at least), did not explicitly say that she would NOT combine the cost, which would have been very simple to say.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:57:27 AM by Marlin »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »
Yes...that is a little outrageous! If she was going to do this she should have sent the 3 ponies in 3 separate parcels....

At this stage...I would suggest you keep it as perfectly polite as you have done and copy & paste the above communication and send it back to her...see how she responds...see her contradicting herself....

It is very very silly of a seller to do this...a 1 star out of 5 on a postage costs DSR can actually cause enough damage to restrict an account depending on how much feedback the person has.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:06 PM »
Thanks, Cat  :)   She has 100% positive feedback, I don't want to cause a stink, but I am feeling that this is just a touch unjust.  I will be contacting her again reminding her of her earlier reply, though at this stage I am sensing that I'm not going to get very far!

Would it be truly evil of me to reveal who this trader is? I feel like doing it, partly as a 'beware' to other buyers. I don't know if she is a member here or not.

I really don't want to fight her about it, I hate it when things get ugly, but this just feels so unreasonable!  :mad:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
I am sure overcharging on shipping by 3times the amount is something lovesbabysquirmy will think deserves a place on her list!!!

However, I think the more worrying aspect of this person as a seller is the fibs now...stating one thing to get you to bid and then retracting that after the fact is a little unacceptable...
Loa is my love god!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
I've had sellers overcharge me on postage before, I always ask for a partial refund. It's only fair - I'm quite good as guessing postage myself but if I'm way out I always refund. A message explaining (with copy-paste) that she said she'd combine P&P I bet will do it.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal