collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about ebay, and a nasty ebayer to report.  (Read 6758 times)

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Question about ebay, and a nasty ebayer to report.
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
I have been slowly listing some of my personal collection on ebay over the past month or so. Today I logged onto my ebay account to find three very unproffessional emails from an ebayer. I would like to know how I can block this person from my auctions? I am absolutly disgusted with this person.
Here are the emails they set to me. I am posting this here to warn other sellers/buyers.

This is the first one  - This was at 6:54am

ARE YOU TRYING TO BE TRICKY? I ALMOST CLICKED ON THE 99-CENT PRICE, BUT THANK GOD, I NOTICED THE RIDICULOUS, EXTORTION-HIGH SHIPPING OF OVER $33 -- I AM PRAYING THIS IS A MISTAKE AND YOU WILL TAKE CARE OF IT ASAP; I WILL CHECK BACK, AND IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT SHIPPING CHARGE, I WILL CONTACT EBAY. I AM WATCHING Y-O-U !!! EditGal

This is the second one - at 6:57 am

SO IT'S A TRICK, HUH? HERE'S ANOTHER SEEMINGLY-LOW-PRICED ITEM WITH $33+ POSTAGE -- OMG!!! AM I EVER CALLING EBAY; YOU HAVE TO BE STOPPED! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU T-R-I-C-K-E-D SO FAR

And last but not least the third email - at 6:59 am

OMG!!! SO IT IS A TRICK, NOW CONFIRMED HERE'S A THIRD (!) SEEMINGLY-LOW-PRICED ITEM WITH $33+ POSTAGE -- OMG!!! THIS LITTLE PIN PROBABLY ONLY WEIGHTS AN OUNCE OR TWO AT MOST. I AM CALLING EBAY; YOU HAVE TO BE STOPPED! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU T-R-I-C-K-E-D SO FAR?

To say the least I am quite upset about this! I have never scammed or over charged anyone in roughly 10 years! I have sent them this email back, just now.

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea there was a mistake with my shipping calculator. I too am aware of some sellers on ebay being "shady" and doing things improperly. When I set all my auctions up I always weigh each item in their packaging that I will ship them in. I do this so I can get an acurate quote for shipping. The tiny tin pinkiepie will be shipped in a box, the total weight for this item and its packaging is 10 ounces.

This being said- I have 100 pecent feedback spanning many years. I do not like the way you are threatheing me, and harrassing me. If you have or choose to report me to ebay I will show them your messages to me as well. I cannot believe you are treating someone like this. You do not personally know me, or even tried to talk nicely about the shipping problem in question. I suggest in the future if you have a problem on ebay, you politly message the seller/buyer.

Please take the time to look at me recent feedback from my selling. I have never "tricked" anyone. I try to be very profffessional at all times. I have been collecting for around 10 years, and have never scammed or over charged on shipping. Or for anything for that matter. Please do not bother to bid on any of my auctions, as you will be blocked. I do not appreciate the way you have talked to me or your tone. Thank you for bringing this shipping matter to my attention.

Sarah

Another thing I am wondering, why are my auctions inflatting the shipping so much? With each item I sell.. I get it in its packaging for shipping and weigh it. I then put this weight into the shipping section when I go to list the item. I had no idea why shipping is calculating so much!! I have never over charged on anything, I usually end up paying more then what I quote to my buyers. Which I have never complained about. I try very hard to be proffessional and answear all questions promptly and honestly. I have had several buyers sending me questions, and have had no problems what so ever! I do not why this person is behaving like this.

So.. to recap in case you guys didnt want to read my wall - o- text..

How do I block someone on ebay?
How to show my auctions reflect the correct chipping prices?

Thank you all so much for your time and patience!!
Sarah

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ebay, and a nasty ebayer to report.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
Wow...I would like to know who this person is.  Not sure why you're calculator is off, but I've heard in can be innaccurate.

To block: go to bottom of an ebay page and click on site map.  Under selling activities it say block bidder/buyer list > add an ebay user to my Blocked bidder/buyer list , that should take you there.  Type in the name and add it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:47:27 PM by Prismatic »

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 05:50:34 PM »
Thank you so much for your speedy message. This person is now blocked. I hate to do it, and wouldn't have if they only sent me 1 email. However they said they were watching me? Come on.. they sent me those 3 emails within 4 minuetes. What did they think I could do, even if I was online and on ebay and saw them? Its nearly impossible. This ebayer has been a member since 2004, has 100% feedback of 737. Her/his name is editgal2. I am not trying to slander this person at all!! I don't know if they will see this post, but I have nothing to hide, and was only trying to alert the arena of this persons actions.

cody_sunday

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
ugh, some people are just bizarre like this, i don't understand it. i had a similar encounter with a buyer when i had to delay shipping of their item because my overdraft was maxed out and i had to wait for paypal funds to transfer, they even spoke EXACTLY like this person does! all you can do is be polite back, notify ebay and then block them.
unfortunately for me i've got my one and only negative feedback thanks to my wacko :( refusing to accept any of their bids is a good move on your part for sure!
x

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
And the hysteria just keeps on rolling in. Ijust got this email from this person..

Dear streaks1,

That's why I checked THREE of your auctions, to see if the greatly overpriced shipping charges were repeated -- and they were, on all three items I checked on -- which is why you got three different messages. I just couldn't believe an innocent "mistake" could be repeated so many times -- and don't worry, I won't be buying anything from you at any time ... I would have expected a different kind of response if you had simply made a mistake (as you say, your 'shipping calculator' weighed 10 ounces and then calculated over $33 postage)... and yes, I was/am upset because it would have been so easy to just bid on the My Little Pony item, and then ... What "Then"? I'm sure you've corrected this by now ... certainly you must have!

I have blocked this person, and have reported her/him for harassment.

If anyone was interested in bidding on my auctions, please be assured I will always do right by the buyer. I never over charge for shipping. I am trying to fix the shipping calculator but I am only human and am doing my best. Thank you everyone for all your help with this!!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »
Odd that they'd be that way for sure...and yeah, I noticed how close the messages were, like you could even finish typing a response before the next one... have you been able to fix the shipping on your auctions? I'm kinda curious what it will tell me the shipping is.  You can always edit the listings to say the calculator is wrong and to message you for a shipping quote, I see that a lot.

Edit: can you link me one of your auctions or give me your ebay name? I'll see what the calc says for me
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:10:00 PM by Prismatic »

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
 Prismatic -

I am working on going into each auction and doing an edit, saying just what you described. I think the problem might be that for some reason the part where you can put the type of package it is showing how much the item weighs, but also it has an "irregular package" clicked too. In some auctions I have fixed that, and some it is greyed out and it wont let me.

Yea I dont know what this persons problem is. I have not replied back to them and will not any further. I have reported them to ebay so I hope they will just leave me alone. I make mistakes, and I appologize for it, but I am certainly not trying or ever had "tricked" someone into buying my items. If you did click and buy my items, I would have sent you a new and updated invoice that clearly shows the proper shipping.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
I looked at most of your auctions, not sure which you've fixed so far, some have high priority shipping, but ALL have a regular, great price for an economy shipping.  All you gotta do is click on shipping and actually look, or ask...lol no need to freak out (the buyer, I mean)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:36:02 PM by Prismatic »

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Wow, that's insane!  I'm really sorry that you had to deal with that awful person.  Good on you for writing back to them in a non-inflammatory way.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
Wow, I would block that bidder as well!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »
It's a shame you received messages like that- even if the person was upset they could have definitely gone about it in a more professional manner.  Thanks for the heads up.  If you look at the feedback they left for others, although a lot of it is positive, this person complained to a lot of sellers, about shipping in particular  :huh:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline prettypony55

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
I too went to read the feedback she left for others, I would say about half of them she is complaining about shipping in one way or another. If you dont like people's shipping prices you don't have to bid, buy.. just to cancel the sale. I have noticed a lot of what she won she backs out on due to shipping prices. This just kills me! I see a lot of nice things I would like to buy on ebay.. but if I dont like the sellers terms, or shipping or whatever I dont bid. It's that simple!

As far as her messages to me.. I honestly don't know what there problem is. But I am not going to worry about it. I am just sooo happy I didn't enter a transaction with her. Thank you all for your support and kind words! I am very happy to be part of this community!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
Thanks for the warning on this crazy buyer!  :(  Shipping prices are only going to keep going up... nothing is free.  I'm so tired of that attitude! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
Hm... I think she needs to take an extended nap in a small padded room with a white jacket that makes her hug herself :silly: That's just nuts! I mean I've reported items to ebay for insane shipping prices before (I think one of them was $30+ for economy shipping for a pair of earbuds within the US), but I've never felt the need to harass the seller about it, let alone to that extent! :drunk:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »
:crazy:  what a rude buyer! definitely one for the block list!! sounds like this kind of behaviour is prolly a pattern for her  :yikes: . I'm sorry you had to deal with this and I'm glad that you have blocked and reported this person now :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal