collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I deleted Facebook!  (Read 8799 times)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted Facebook!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
Good for you! Sounds like you'll be happier without it. I admire your willpower, haha. And I also totally get the non-interest in the babies. I already have one fb friend who is posting baby pics (though she's not going crazy with it so it's not that big a deal). It's almost depressing having to see it when myself and my peers are only barely into our twenties...

I think I have a love/hate relationship with facebook. I rarely talk to people on there anymore, I don't use it for a whole lot of things...but I think I'd still feel lost without it, lol. It's especially important to me at this time since my boyfriend is abroad for a few months, and we use it to chat sometimes (it generally works better for me than Skype chatting..grumble grumble).

I also get a real kick out of going back and looking at older pics of my friends and I. The pictures are fun to look at, but so is reading our hilarious comments. Makes me so happy. I'd hate to lose them!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
I haven't deleted mine but I've been tempted to do so. I've gotten in a little bit of trouble with it. Drama starts fast on there.

Now I'm more careful about what I pose. But I'm not nor have ever been hooked on it some like people have gotten. It's a fine time waster and I mainly use it when I'm playing on my phone.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
I deleted my facebook and it felt GREAAAAAT. I can't stand Facebook, so I was super happy deleting it hahaha. :P
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
a couple brands, companies and local groups I follow because they only post news or meetup info on FB anymore. I feel like I'm stuck with it now for those reasons.  >_<

This is exactly why I have mine. For some dolls I collect there aren't any communities where I can find out the latest news like I can with MLP. As far as privacy concerns I don't really have them. It isn't like Facebook forces you to post every personal detail about yourself and make it public. Of course I am sure it helps that I don't use my real last name online.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
My mom had an intervention on me and convinced me to chill out on my online times. I check everything in the morning before work, then at night before bed. That's about it, unless I have some shipping labels to print out or an eBay item ending that I want to pay for right away or a message I need to respond to and forgot. I'm surprised I had the willpower to do it. It's hard though, I have so many things to keep up with. When it comes to Facebook, I just scroll down the page pretty quick only stopping for the worthwhile things. I ignore the stupid. Funny thing is, my mom will just unsubscribe to people who annoy her. :P Even though I didn't delete my account, I feel better not being on as much. I get more accomplished, and that's a good feeling. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
I have never had a Facebook.  Or a Myspace.  Or a Twitter.  And I'm so much happier without.  I'm a NY State certified teacher, and the last thing I need is to lose my job and/or certification because of social media.  I get really really strange looks from people I meet when I tell them I don't FB, MS or Twitter, but I do think I'm that much happier without them all. 

My friends and family understand and are respectful of my wishes, and don't post pics of me on their social media either.  Once my teenaged niece posted a pic of me in my wedding dress months BEFORE my wedding on her FB, she got in so much trouble!!!!! lol
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 08:23:26 AM »
I have never had a Facebook.  Or a Myspace.  Or a Twitter.  And I'm so much happier without.  I'm a NY State certified teacher, and the last thing I need is to lose my job and/or certification because of social media.  I get really really strange looks from people I meet when I tell them I don't FB, MS or Twitter, but I do think I'm that much happier without them all. 

My friends and family understand and are respectful of my wishes, and don't post pics of me on their social media either.  Once my teenaged niece posted a pic of me in my wedding dress months BEFORE my wedding on her FB, she got in so much trouble!!!!! lol

You are right this is the best decision when you are a teacher..reallyl for any job to find you on facebook is a mistake.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »
I deleted mine also! good for you!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
All I can say is how can employer find questionable material if you don't post it? It isn't like Facebook magically scans your brain and then puts all your private information on there for everyone to see.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
I've never even had one and when I hear people talk about it I'm so glad I never did.

Same here. Never had Facebook, and after hearing various things about it, I'm glad that I don't have one. Besides that, I value my privacy, which is why I ended up deleting my account on MySpace. I'm just happy with LiveJournal as my blog of choice.
Same here too, right down to Livejournal only. Even though I don't use that much either, haha. I'm also not a fan of baby photos all over the place, I just don't care about seeing them anymore.

If I ever did get a Facebook - It would probably be just to sign up some apps of mine to it :/

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
I have never had one, and I will never get one. Same for twitter. Why bother to keep in touch with people you are not interested in? There are better and more personal ways to stay connected with friends and family!
Besides, I don't like how they collect all our private data. It scares me how easily people give away their private information nowadays.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
After some recent events, I'm a Twitter-only gal now.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
Yay! Good for you!  It's so incredibly easy for things to blow up on Facebook- which I've also found out. I think I like my privacy.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
Good for you!
(I'm starting to feel that FB is a total waste of time especially since I'll post things and never have any responses from my 200+ "friends"...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:29 AM »
I cant delete mine, I use it as a business type thing :) I raise show rabbits and i have to sell some occasionally. But the stupid drama over christmas was insane! Majority of it all was unemployed old women who loved causing drama. But I've trimmed the dead weight :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal