collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: dammit, Im an idiot..  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
dammit, Im an idiot..
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »
Random thread for TS  :P

So I sold some ponies last week for the first time,grand enough, and being very light parcels I gave everyone a quote , well I mean to say I trade two ponies about a month ago, and I was charged 1.50 so each of these being approx the same weight thats what I quoted everyone. I mailed the last of them today and what, each of them cost 3x what I quoted! Silly me, Its me own fault like but selling is definitely a learning curve..
Lesson 1, buy a scales!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: dammit, Im an idiot..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:12 AM »
It always depends on the destination, the dimensions, weight and how fast you need it shipped by.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »
I highly recommend buying a scale :drunk: They're sooooo helpful because sometimes you just don't know without actually handing it to someone at the post office and asking them how much it would cost to ship it.

Also, if/when you do get your shipping scale, weigh an item on it, and then take the same item to the post office and ask them how much it weighs. This will let you know if there's a difference between the two so that you won't be surprised when you have to ship something internationally. :)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Been there, done that!! XD Live and Learn, my dear!! As long as you learn from your mistakes you grow into a better trader/ seller! :hug:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Thanks everyone,ah well you live you learn! Im happy enough anyway the ponies would have only sat in my trade box so at least they got homes, its all good :-)

Thanks for that tip Glacia, I never would have enen thought of that!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
Been there done that as well. I have done that on Ebay items that I have sold.. and wound up paying more for postage than I received for selling. I cried. And it's happened to me multiple times.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
I think a lot of us do that when we are first starting selling, so dont worry - just learn form it :hug:  Like LBS mentioned, the cost of shipping will depend on the weight, size,/dimensions of the package,  the shipping method,and the destination   :awake:  Oh and buying some cheap digital kitchen scales is definitely the best thing to do. That way you can have a very good idea of what the parcel will cost to ship ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »
My embarrassing shipping misquote

The cost of shipping went up over night with out me knowing. So when I went to ship said I wanted the amount from the day before but the lady said that wasn't an option. So I ripped off all the tape thinking I added to much weight, she re-quoted me the higher price still and I told her something must be wrong  cause the price I got the other day was less. Then she told me the prices went up. She waited till after I made a scene to tell me the prices went up. I asked her where the signs were to let people know, she said on the doors but they weren't.

I also quote one 3$ under once.. I think I typed in the wrong address at the auto-ship machine. The buyer paid 3$ for the ponies 3$ for shipping but the shipping cost 6$.. so she got the ponies for free.

I've been on the other end where I had a seller quote me three times, a higher amount each time.. and the third time was after I already paid for the second quote, she wouldn't send the ponies unless I paid her for the remaining amount for the third quote. I was a little upset, plus when I got the box, the total for shipping was less then what she said.. I didn't leave negative feed back cause I am afraid I will get negative feedback in return.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
I've been on the other end where I had a seller quote me three times, a higher amount each time.. and the third time was after I already paid for the second quote, she wouldn't send the ponies unless I paid her for the remaining amount for the third quote. I was a little upset, plus when I got the box, the total for shipping was less then what she said.. I didn't leave negative feed back cause I am afraid I will get negative feedback in return.

Was this on eBay? If it was on eBay you can always contest negative feedback, if she did leave you a retaliatory neg. That's just unfair of her, you raise it even after you paid :/

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
I didn't leave negative feed back cause I am afraid I will get negative feedback in return.

You cant get negative feedback in return anymore - sellers are not allowed to leave anything but positive feedback now (applies to ebay on  most countries) -  so dont worry about that and feel free to leave honest feedback if there is still time  :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
Or a fast thing =)

Usually a baby G1 pony weighs a little less than 50 gr, and an adult less than 100 gr.  With a padded envelope and ready to ship, a baby weighs a little 100 gr, and an adult 200 gr, to use accurate weigh (is a little less, but I prefer to round up the weigh than undercharging).

I've done the same thing under-weighing the ponies when asking for shipping cost...  but it was my mistake and I havee to absorbe the difference (with luck it was only $2.00, but still -.-)  But learned from it.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
Did you undercharge me, cutie pie?

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Lol I think so, but dont worry yourself it was only a couple of quid and everythings mailed now anyway, lesson learned! :lol: have you gonnen your baby bridesmaid yet?
Did you undercharge me, cutie pie?

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:05:08 AM »
Just arrived! Thanks very much!

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
Ah brilliant, thats good news! Bit nervous about things getting lost, were you happy with her? I gave her a little clean before she went but I didnt wanna go overboard in case she got mouldy in the mail! :-)
Just arrived! Thanks very much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal