collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay feedback question  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay feedback question
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »
I have been selling some ponies on ebay.  I sold some that I sent out this past Saturday.  I wasn't able to update ebay right away, and a buyer got their pony before I had updated it as shipped.  And left me a neutral feedback without even contacting me (despite the fact that all of my sales include a card in the package asking them to contact me with concerns.)  Is this something that deserves a neutral?  I've never had someone be upset that they got an item quicker than expected...My sales info says I ship on Saturdays, and the invoice I sent specifically says I will ship her on Saturday if payment is received beforehand...I'm a little bummed.  They are new to ebay so I'm hoping they just didn't know.  Am I allowed to ask them how I can help them and improve my feedback?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:14:02 PM by Prismatic »

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay feedback question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »
What was the comment included with the neutral?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:33 AM »
 :hug: What exactly did she leave as feedback?

I have always thought that ebay should give new buyers a 101 in buying before they let them loose.  I say this because ebay's expectations on sellers to buyers is ship two minutes after they pay, give free shipping, deliver it by hand if you can(two minutes later) ok I am getting a little out of control there but it's true in some aspects.  I mean most sellers are just trying to make ends meet and work out of there home.  They are not Hasbro, Target, TRU etc. with 300 people working for them out of a warehouse.  I am saying all this because I am taking it at this point it was about shipping. :)

So back to the feedback I would politely email the buyer.  I have noticed that new buyers think if it was not negative and not positive then neutral is what should be left.  And not understanding that a neutral doesn't look good.  I don't think it will have any affect on your future dealings and you can always add a follow up to hers(explaining your side) if you can not reach an agreement for her to change it.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:57:19 AM »
If all else fails, you can definitely contact the buyer about his/her concern, and if you can resolve it or if the feedback was left in error, then he or she might be happy to revise it for you.  I have had that happen a couple of times.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
What was the comment included with the neutral?

It says basically that she got it fast, but I didn't let her know it shipped.  I ended up sending a polite message letting her know I saw the neutral, and that I preferred she contacted me before leaving fb if she wasn't happy, and asked if we could work together to make the situation positive.  I also nicely pointed out that her invoice did say it would ship on Sat if payment was received beforehand.

I've gotten a pony a few times before knowing it even shipped, and I was THRILLED.  So it doesn't make a lot of sense to me...She also marked me down for communication, so that rating's at 4.8 now.  Luckily it hasn't seemed to affect my overall rating, I just hope it doesn't affect how long it takes me to get my money from paypal, I'm still working on getting my seller's reputation.  I spent a lot of time cleaning, packing, and making the pony exceptional, so it makes me feel icky to get a neutral for something as small as that.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
I am sorry you had to go through this but it sounds like she might not have been happy either way. :huh: 
I can not tell you how many times I have not heard from the seller.  But my package arrived safe and sound and that is good enough for me to leave 5 stars and positive feedback.  :)

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
Yeah I've kinda accepted that as the case.  I won't let this deter me from selling to new people, tho, I was recently in their shoes.  Someone else I sold to had 0 feedback and was a total sweetheart, and sent me a personal message thanking me. 

I plan on at least replying to the neutral, just gotta decide what to fit in my character limit lol.  I find it amusing that I got marked down for communication but my buyer hasn't tried to contact me at all...

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:36:13 AM »
What? That's just a crock!!! I'm soo sorry that you got a neutral over something so trivial!! :huh:

I find it amusing that I got marked down for communication but my buyer hasn't tried to contact me at all...

What irony. XD

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »
Wow :blink:   ok if the shipping was l-a-t-e / suuuuper slooooow and without communication then ok , but to give a neutral for sending the item quicker that expected??!!oh my goodness thats crazy! :crazy: :yikes:
I would leave a follow up comment to that feedback just to let other potential buyers know what really happened here. A neutral shouldnt affect your future sales, but an undeserved neutral can be upsetting and frustrating for you to see. You handled the situation well though :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »
Yeah at first it really got to me, and I was worried it would look bad, but I've found out it's not as bad as I originally thought.  The buyer still hasn't responded to the message I sent 2 days ago, so I replied to the neutral saying I was unable to update ebay right away but her invoice did say it would be sent on Saturday if it was paid before.  I also mentioned in my feedback for her that while she'd paid quickly, her communication was poor.  That's probably borderline false positive, but I felt that I couldn't leave completely positive feedback and not be honest, and sellers can't leave neutral feedback or mark them down at all, which I think is bogus <.<

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:16 AM »
I know a neutral isnt "bad" but considering as a seller you did absolutely nothing wrong - personally I think its more important to get a pony in the post than make sure a box is checked on ebay and I am amazed anyone thinks otherwise! I actually think you have a case to take to ebay to get the feedback removed...its completely uncalled for!

Pony hugs what a silly thing to have to deal with...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal